Menu

Daily Facial sunscreen

Hilltopmom

I love Etude House Sunprise! I've been using it daily for about 6 months and it is the most comfortable for my skin that I've tried. It is not at all greasy or heavy. I don't rub it in my eyes, but I don't notice stinging. Some reviews say it leaves a white sheen on the skin or clumps with makeup but I've never noticed that. I'm fair skinned so maybe the whiteness only shows up if you are darker and it never clumps on me. I put it on about a minute after I put my regular moisturizer on and it absorbs right away. The downside is that it is not a sunscreen/moisturizer combo but I like my 2 separate products better than any combo. 

• Like 1

Here's what I wonder. If I am supposed to reapply sunscreen every two hours, does it really help to apply it when getting ready in the morning if I won't be outside for a few hours? I realize maximum effectiveness may wear off after two hours, but does it have any effectiveness left say six hours later?

• Like 3

I love Etude House Sunprise! I've been using it daily for about 6 months and it is the most comfortable for my skin that I've tried. It is not at all greasy or heavy. I don't rub it in my eyes, but I don't notice stinging. Some reviews say it leaves a white sheen on the skin or clumps with makeup but I've never noticed that. I'm fair skinned so maybe the whiteness only shows up if you are darker and it never clumps on me. I put it on about a minute after I put my regular moisturizer on and it absorbs right away. The downside is that it is not a sunscreen/moisturizer combo but I like my 2 separate products better than any combo. 

I'm German in heritage and DH is Dutch in heritage, so lots of pale skin around here. Both DD and I use Sunprise. It's one of the few that I never react to.

I have ultra sensitive skin and will breakout with most sunscreens. I recently started using Coola on my face and love it. They have many different products but I get the unscented non-tint version for faces. It's so light and easy to apply. Supergoop is another new brand that's getting good reviews. The sample I tried actually seemed great so I would try that as well. They are both a little pricier for me but worth it because last year a Clarins brand worked for a while and then I started breaking out and it was really annoying.