Menu

Anyone have a favorite skort?

birchbark

I have this one in black, from Costco. Ten bucks. It looks like a weird photoshop in this photo. It definitely looks better on.

https://www.costco.com/Tranquility-by-Colorado-Clothing-Ladies%E2%80%99-Skort%2c-Black-Sunstone.product.100296659.html

Ok maybe it's just me, but in that first picture it kinda looks like a man modeling this skort! The other pics look fine, just that one is funny to me.

So, does it fit true to size, in your experience?

Ok maybe it's just me, but in that first picture it kinda looks like a man modeling this skort! The other pics look fine, just that one is funny to me.

So, does it fit true to size, in your experience?

Lol, I know!! I hesitated to link it because it looked so ridiculous. It's a non-binding fit, if that makes sense. Its pretty true to size and forgiving in either direction. When I was running every day and dropped to 115 it fit, but lower on my waist. I'm ten pounds heavier now and it still fits comfortably. It's pretty stretchy.

• Like 1

I like that Costco skort! My favorite skorts are by Title IX. I like the types that are nylon blends and have one or more zippered pockets.

I looove Title IX in small doses $$$

I just bought myself two dresses for my birthday because I didn't get nuthin this year. Ah well. Now I'm getting what I wanted.

• Like 2

Those look nice! I was thinking about the skorts from about 10 years ago that looked liked skirts in the front and shorts in the back. I clicked in curiosity because I haven't seen those in stores or being worn. Now I'm thinking maybe I have seen skorts around but didn't recognize them in the current version!

Belk - workout type ones, but they're longer than most which I love. Con- colors aren't great. Black, grey, violent blue, electric orange, weird pattern.

Sahalie.com - nice, dressier ones. I have the a-line ones in every color. They're perfect for traveling. The material is light, doesn't wrinkle, and looks great. They're also knee length. They are pricier, but I've worn theirs out and they're worth it. ETA - I love the transport skort in solids. I own every color and live in them.

Edited by FriedClams
  • Like 2

Awesome thread. I've been looking for a good skort for Disney but haven't liked any I've ordered. Will look into some of these suggestions.

ETA:  I ordered a Croft & Barrow skirt that is really cute, but it has loose shorts inside and I'm specifically looking for fitted shorts underneath.  (If you happen to be a size 18, LOL, I have it listed on ebay, NWT. ;))  I think this brand is from Kohls.  It is a flattering skirt, though (with handy cargo pockets on the side).

I also ordered a few from Lee, I think, off Amazon.  They were more of a sporty material (quick dry), but they had shorts underneath that were mesh.  Great for ventilation, I suppose, but I didn't think they'd be good for copious amounts of walking at WDW (chub rub!).  They were longer and less flattering than the Croft & Barrow skirt, but very comfy.

Edited by alisoncooks

I like that Costco skort! My favorite skorts are by Title IX. I like the types that are nylon blends and have one or more zippered pockets.

I looove Title IX in small doses $$$

I just bought myself two dresses for my birthday because I didn't get nuthin this year. Ah well. Now I'm getting what I wanted.

Another vote for Title Nine.  Love their stuff, but yes, SO expensive!  

• Like 1

Oh man, Title Nine...

FB has decided I'm interested in this brand; it pops up on my newsfeed daily, and everything is SO gorgeous! Unfortunately, it's also SO out of my price range!

The joy of having Title Nine taste on a Walmart budget, LOL.

(Not to mention T9 isn't plus-sized friendly.)

Edited by alisoncooks
  • Like 2

Those look nice! I was thinking about the skorts from about 10 years ago that looked liked skirts in the front and shorts in the back. I clicked in curiosity because I haven't seen those in stores or being worn. Now I'm thinking maybe I have seen skorts around but didn't recognize them in the current version!

I don't think that type of skort is on the market anymore. The trend went towards looking like a skirt all the way around, but having lightweight shorts inside for undie coverage.

• Like 2

I don't think that type of skort is on the market anymore. The trend went towards looking like a skirt all the way around, but having lightweight shorts inside for undie coverage.

I think they predated spandex. Weren't they like regular cotton shirts in the back with a flap across the front? Like they couldn't decide which they wanted to be, lol

I'm cracking up at how many got theirs from a warehouse store!  LOL  I've gotten a few from Sam's Club.  This one (not available anymore): https://www.samsclub.com/sams/tang-t-skort-kha-s-in-club-item-807503/prod20154100.ip  There is another one that I got dd   Ah, found it!  https://www.samsclub.com/sams/slub-skort-plum-s-in-club-item/prod20944137.ip?xid=plp4070105-appa:product:1:18

• Like 2

I think they predated spandex. Weren't they like regular cotton shirts in the back with a flap across the front? Like they couldn't decide which they wanted to be, lol

Yes. Business in the front, party in the back. The mullet of bottom separates!

• Like 6

I've tried several, and I find them fairly uncomfortable.  It seems like on me the combo of the skirt material and the shorts function bunch up against each other.

My last investment was a running skort from Skirt Sports, because I kept thinking that even if I didn't want to wear this every day, it would be great for running and hiking.

Not so much.  I found it grossly uncomfortable/unwieldy and ended up giving it away.

Now I hike in either shorts or a shortish skirt, and actually kind of prefer the skirt.  I have a deep blue, kind of a dusty navy one, with a subtle elastic waist and a flared shape.  I make sure to wear very dark underwear under it, but it's really pretty lacking in 'revelations' because of its shape and drape.  I'm sure I look a little weird out there, as I don't know anyone else who does this, but what the heck, it's the most comfortable hiking bottom I own.  I don't run anymore, but if I did, I would wear shorts for that. 

I'm cracking up at how many got theirs from a warehouse store! LOL I've gotten a few from Sam's Club. This one (not available anymore): https://www.samsclub.com/sams/tang-t-skort-kha-s-in-club-item-807503/prod20154100.ip There is another one that I got dd Ah, found it! https://www.samsclub.com/sams/slub-skort-plum-s-in-club-item/prod20944137.ip?xid=plp4070105-appa:product:1:18

Don't know why but that second link is broken.

Someone on another thread recommended just getting a pair of slip shorts (I had never heard of them) to wear under short skirts. I think short skirts are cute for summer but I always cringe when watching someone sit down in them.  Thanks for all the great links! I'm going to the Mall of America tomorrow and maybe I can see some of these in person.

• Like 1

Someone on another thread recommended just getting a pair of slip shorts (I had never heard of them) to wear under short skirts. I think short skirts are cute for summer but I always cringe when watching someone sit down in them. Thanks for all the great links! I'm going to the Mall of America tomorrow and maybe I can see some of these in person.

Yick--those would feel awful in hot weather and humidity I would imagine. I think I'd prefer some moisture wicking, breathable bike shorts if I were wearing shorts under my shorts.

Lands End in the school uniform section.  I personally really like the 'stretch skort' and have two. They only come in navy and khaki, which is very annoying. But they wear like iron. I"ve had them for years and they still look brand new. I've worn them camping, hiking, etc and no pilling or stretching out of shape. They even seem to resist stains..but I wouldn't dump red wine on them lol. 

The only problem is that they only come in two colours. I would buy so many more if they came in different colours!  Lands End makes some really cute shorts and, oh, how I wish they made skorts from the same fabrics with the same variety!

Yick--those would feel awful in hot weather and humidity I would imagine. I think I'd prefer some moisture wicking, breathable bike shorts if I were wearing shorts under my shorts.

I just bought a pair of those and I love them! I got them in a wicking fabric.  :laugh:

I think I bought Jockey, they were from Target, about $12. Oh, and I got them for wearing under skirts. I wouldn't wear shorts under shorts. I also own a straight up slip that is shorts. I like it too, but it is better under dresses than skirts, the rise is REALLY long. I really wish slips would come back in style, I often see too much of people wearing knits without a slip.  :lol:

I just bought a pair of those and I love them! I got them in a wicking fabric. :laugh:

I think I bought Jockey, they were from Target, about $12. Oh, and I got them for wearing under skirts. I wouldn't wear shorts under shorts. I also own a straight up slip that is shorts. I like it too, but it is better under dresses than skirts, the rise is REALLY long. I really wish slips would come back in style, I often see too much of people wearing knits without a slip. :lol:

Oh that's good! I was having ugly 80s flashbacks about pantyhose in Florida in July

I've just worn bike short/spandex shorts under some of my above-the-knee skirts for the same effect as a skort.