Menu

Whats on your menu tonight?

....chicken stew is in the crock pot, crusty french bread is in the bread machine and apple cranberry cobbler is in the oven. My guys are spoiled.

YUM! Are they ever spoiled! You guys are all way better than me!

Let's see, it's Friday, so I'll be pushing for dh to pick up a pizza (he gets a discount), and if that doesn't work...lasagna leftovers.

It's the first real cold day this fall so I thought I'd make some fall favorites. So....chicken stew is in the crock pot, crusty french bread is in the bread machine and apple cranberry cobbler is in the oven. My guys are spoiled.

I would love to have your apple cranberry cobbler recipe, if you wouldn't mind sharing it that is.

Chicken and Rice Cheesy Casserole

Steamed Veggies

Soft Garlic Pull Apart Bread

Casserole:

In crockpot place 4 chicken breasts and cook on high 4 hours.

Pull meat apart with fork.

Add: 2 cans cream of chicken soup, 1 cup mayo, dill weed, 5 cups milk, 4 cups rice and let cook until rice is tender.

Add shredded cheddar cheese and allow to melt.

Stir well and serve.

It's the first real cold day this fall so I thought I'd make some fall favorites. So....chicken stew is in the crock pot, crusty french bread is in the bread machine and apple cranberry cobbler is in the oven. My guys are spoiled.

would you be willing to post the chicken stew recipe? i don't usually like chicken soup because it can be bland, but I am always looking for crock pot recipes.

i don't usually like chicken soup because it can be bland, but I am always looking for crock pot recipes.

I feel the same way. Adding a cup of medium salsa is a great add-in for chicken soup and adds a lot of flavor.

I also like to make chicken tortilla soup by adding beans, corn, and diced tomatoes to the chicken and broth. Then serve with grated cheese, sour cream, and tortilla chips.

Teens are going out together for dinner so I'm making the littles some grilled cheese and fries. I'm heating up some Indian food...spinach and paneer and lentils and I'll "make" pappadum. My dh....hopefully he wont be hungry, lol.

I'll find him something. It's a smorgasbord tonight. I'm tired, it's Friday. It's almost evening..I think I'm "off the clock", no? lol

DH and I are having Steak with Gorgonzola butter, mashed potatoes and caesar salad. The children are having pizza.

This is my first test-run with steak since Father's day, when due to PG hormones, I couldn't look at it, let alone chew it, swallow it, and keep it down.... so, I'm hoping :D

It is almost 3 pm and no one has had lunch yet, so I will be fixing "linner" here shortly- Hamburgers with fixin's and french fries. I also have everything to make a dairy-free version (I use almond cheese) of Ree's olive cheese bread for a late snack just for me. Good chick food helps when feeling out of sorts.

Dd7 is cooking and I with my intolerance of corn and msg aren't home, so the family is eating tasty food. Hubby is draining the pasta, but dd is doing everything else.

Coconut tilapia

Rotini Alfredo (homemade alfredo and high protein rotini)

steamed broccoli

grapes

oatmeal cookies and vanilla ice cream