Menu

Quality Christmas gift wrap paper?

swimmermom3

When my kids were in private and public grade schools, we always ordered Sally Foster gift wrap because the quality was amazing and we recycle it for the next year when we can.

I just found out that the company that bought out Sally Foster went bankrupt in 2013.

Where can I get quality paper with vibrant red, green, and gold colors?  Cavallini has lovely quality paper, but with vintage themes the colors tend to be muted.

I like Costco's single sided paper because the back has grid lines. Otherwise I cut like a drunken monkey. Here are the patterns this year: http://m.costco.com/holiday-greeting-cards.html

Nashville Wraps has nice quality in large quantities. I am always tempted to get a big roll of nice, simple paper and a cutting holder. In my dream craft room, I will have space for such things.

• Like 6

A lot of the wrapping papers now tell you the weight on the paper. And you pay more for the heavyweight stuff. I don't know that you need to shop anywhere specific. You just need to buy the "luxury" paper - or however they have it labeled. And then, IME, it's more durable and generally reusable.

Though I admit we sort of go the other way now. They also label when it's lightweight.

• Like 2

A lot of the wrapping papers now tell you the weight on the paper. And you pay more for the heavyweight stuff. I don't know that you need to shop anywhere specific. You just need to buy the "luxury" paper - or however they have it labeled. And then, IME, it's more durable and generally reusable.

Though I admit we sort of go the other way now. They also label when it's lightweight.

Hey, sometimes you have to buy the cheap quality to get the random artwork. For years I've been working on this roll of A Christmas Story gift wrap. It's crappy quality but it amuses me.

• Like 5

Costco or Sam's. I love the double sided rolls. They last years. Each kid has an assigned roll. Gifts from us with one side of the wrap showing. Gifts from Santa use the other side with the Santa pics. I don't have to use name tags that way.

This wouldn't work with more observant children, but mine are too busy ripping off paper to say "hey wait a minute this has the same picture of the presents you gave us!" on Christmas morning.

I miss the Sally Foster paper. The rolls were so short and so over priced but it has been the best wrapping paper ever. I still have a few rolls and I love that they all fit in the same box for easy storage. So as much as I hated the money spent, in the long run they have been my favorite and I have wanted to buy more too.

I will check out Costco.

Edited by xixstar

I have to admit that, though I love quality wrapping paper for the ease of wrapping and lovely patterns, I always buy the cheaper stuff, since it will just be torn up and thrown away anyway.

But my mother was very particular about her gift wrapping and used the expensive kind. Every year, she would head out to the Hallmark store at 7 am on December 26 to buy paper for the next year at a discounted price. She saved a ton of money.

Just a little money saving tip.

• Like 1

I get 80% of my Christmas wrapping paper from Current.  I order *after* Christmas every other year or so to stock back up when they have sales.  I get coupons for 20% off in the mail from them regularly, too.  (The rest I usually get from Hobby Lobby or another craft store on sale or with a coupon.)