Menu

Stocking Stuffer ideas for 90+ yo grandpa?

medawyn

Long story short, DH's grandparents are going to be alone in a new-to-them place this Christmas.  We're planning to send them stockings for a bit of holiday cheer, but I'm coming up totally short on ideas for Grandpa.

The best I can do is that he's a St. Louis Cardinals fan, but other than that, I got nothing.  Help!

A pocket book?  (Maybe on old-fashioned mystery?  Or poetry?  An Interesting biography?)  My father is soon 89, and he still enjoys clever, adult items.  A puzzle book?  Nuts?  Wool socks?  A National Geographic magazine?  (I don't mean a whole subscription, just one magazine.)  A calendar?  Christmas cookies?

Awww...I'm sorry they're going to be alone in a new place at Christmas! I hope they're not too awfully lonely.   :sad:   So sweet of you to send them stockings!  

Lots of good ideas above!

Here's a link to Cardinals-themed activity books and a couple of games (I'm not sure what sizes these things are or what size stockings you have in mind).

www.mlbshop.com has an activity book, too, along w/things like these that might work:

Baseball cap or beanie

Keychain

Scarf

Socks

Mittens

Umbrella

Wallet

I'm sure whatever you send will be very much appreciated!