Menu

Not again. Attack on Istanbul's airport. At least 28 dead.

umsami

Oh dear Lord, I have a Turkish friend who had a mission team from some local churches staying with him... they were working with church in Turkey to establish some help for incoming refugees. I think they were supposed to fly home today or tomorrow. Please let it have been tomorrow.

Edit: one of them just postedon facebook; they left this afternoon (Turkist time, so early morning out time) from the airport in Antalya. They're fine, albeit extremely rattled. I'm relieved... but grieved that for so many others this will be a reality, not a temporary blip of fear. I can't imagine. :(

Edited by SproutMamaK
  • Like 2

Oh dear Lord, I have a Turkish friend who had a mission team from some local churches staying with him... they were working with church in Turkey to establish some help for incoming refugees. I think they were supposed to fly home today or tomorrow. Please let it have been tomorrow.

Praying for your friend, SproutMamaK.

Terrible. Prayers for the wisdom of those charged with handling terrorism in that country and so many others. It's like a neverending game of murderous whackamole :(

I've been to that airport.  It is  well run and very, very busy.  Prayers for the people affected and those who were there who must have been terrified.   

I am thinking of the wonderful people I met in Istanbul tonight.

• Like 2

Dh's niece is in a plane on the tarmack in Istanbul, safe. But...oh my.

Her notice of her safety is one good reason for Facebook to continue to exist.

Just got a jolt until I checked that my brother is in the States right now. He's headed there in a couple days.

And wants to move there in November.

He should rethink the idea of moving to Turkey.  The son of one of my cousins and his family lived in Ankara for 2 or 3 years. My cousin and his wife went to visit them, several times, while they were there.  He went back there, about 18 months ago, for about 2 weeks, on an assignment. After he returned to the USA, he told his mother, "I NEVER WANT TO GO BACK THERE!"  

• Like 1

The attack on the  Istanbul airport was extremely professional, compared to the attack on the Brussels airport.  In Istanbul, they apparently used Weapons Grade explosives, for example.  There was probably much more organization and planning, that went into the   Istanbul attack.  It has always been true, that after entering an airport, the safest place to be is at the gate, where your flight will depart from. When traveling, go to your departure gate, ASAP, for your safety.  

Edit: one of them just postedon facebook; they left this afternoon (Turkist time, so early morning out time) from the airport in Antalya. They're fine, albeit extremely rattled. I'm relieved... but grieved that for so many others this will be a reality, not a temporary blip of fear. I can't imagine. :(

That's interesting.  A girl from my daughter's church youth group just came home.  She's studying in Turkey and is a missionary.  I think that's right.  I don't know how long she's back nor when she returns.  She's a bubbly, sweet girl!