Menu

When and where to buy Fiestaware?

Slache

Kohl's has good sales around Black Friday time, or if you shop there regularly enough to get Kohl's Cash and use that (they have sales other times, as well, but the very best sale is Black Friday). 

I would do online pick up in store, though, if possible, as their shipping is terrible -- we've had things arrive broken, and then it took a special phone call to get a replacement item ordered. The salesclerk wanted to just do a return and issue us a refund, but the item had been so on sale, and then with an extra discount, that we would not have been able to buy the same item later with the amount of the refund. I insisted they order a replacement since it arrived broken, and they did, but it took a rather lengthy phone call and then they processed it as a refund and a new order, which was ridiculous. 

Otherwise, Macy's also has good sales on it at times. 

As far as glasses, we use the Fiestaware glassware. It is nice & heavy & thick, so while it would conceivably break if dropped, it's heavy enough it doesn't tip over, get knocked down, etc. and so far we have not had an issue. It's also thick enough that if it did break, it would not splinter into tiny shards, I wouldn't think. 

• Like 1

I don't get Kohl's or Macy's coupons and was not impresses with black Friday sales. They both jacked up the original price so the sale looked really good but you were paying the same. In your experience is 6 four piece place settings with java mug and 6 dinner plates for $229.90 good?

I added everything to my cart at the official website, Kohl's and Macy's and the official website is $80+cheaper than the other places despite them being on sale. In case anyone cares.

Do you think I should but them now? I think should buy them now. We're moving soon, we need the boxes. Yes, I should buy them now. For the boxes.

• Like 1

My daughter collects them.  (Or rather, I collect them for my daughter.  :))  She lived in Latin American for 5 years, and I'd bring down a setting or something each time I visited her.  She just recently moved up here, and now she is slowly bringing everything back up again.  I have gotten them at Macy's mostly.  They have half-off sales on their Fiestaware now and then.  I can't remember when, but I watch for it.  I don't think I ever spent more than their half-off price.

• Like 1

For serving bowls, the shipping can be expensive.  I used to have an ongoing ebay search for "fiesta serving bowl cobalt" going on ebay.  It was limited to a nearby radius.  I'd go pick them up and they'd cost less than $10 each. I have enough now.   Plates can often be found cheaper on a store sale.  Sets can a mix.   Personally, I prefer the cup that can double as a soup bowl.  But, then, I don't drink much coffee.   

Totally on a tangent here but my son's assigned color of dishes is the Fiestaware peacock. It looks like the peacock has been discontinued. Does anyone know how similar the lapis is to the peacock? I am adding a piece for everyone (we have the tumbler/juice glasses and I want to get the Java mugs too) but I'd like to get a close match for him if possible. All of our other colors are still available.

To the OP: I got four place settings online from a store I think is out of business for about $110. That was dinner plate, small plate, bowl and the tumblers (substituted in.) when I went to get two more place settings for my niece and nephew they were BOGO at Macy's so even with the mark up to $40, it was still decent. I think that BOGO was in late June. I combined it with some other discount too so it was a great deal.

Totally on a tangent here but my son's assigned color of dishes is the Fiestaware peacock. It looks like the peacock has been discontinued. Does anyone know how similar the lapis is to the peacock? I am adding a piece for everyone (we have the tumbler/juice glasses and I want to get the Java mugs too) but I'd like to get a close match for him if possible. All of our other colors are still available.

To the OP: I got four place settings online from a store I think is out of business for about $110. That was dinner plate, small plate, bowl and the tumblers (substituted in.) when I went to get two more place settings for my niece and nephew they were BOGO at Macy's so even with the mark up to $40, it was still decent. I think that BOGO was in late June. I combined it with some other discount too so it was a great deal.

How many pieces do you have per kid?

I bought mine when Macy's was running a special.  They had the sets marked down and then for every so many you got a box free.  I had them shipped to my house because they didn't have my colors. 

I'm looking for a few more colors... I just haven't made the investment.  Even with five children clearing tables, washing dishes, loading dishwashers and unloading, they have never broken a piece. 

The only pieces that were broke involved me setting a bowl on the edge of the counter. The plus is they break into very large pieces so you aren't hunting shards for days. 

Here is a color chart where you can see the difference.  I have peacock, lemongrass, chocolate and scarlet pieces for dishware  All my serving dishes are white though.  

https://www.google.com/search?q=Fiestaware+color+chart&biw=1280&bih=699&tbm=isch&imgil=loSZ780FSJKL_M%253A%253BzEQsJtmSPCEE0M%253Bhttps%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.pinterest.com%25252Fpin%25252F224476362653009758%25252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=loSZ780FSJKL_M%253A%252CzEQsJtmSPCEE0M%252C_&usg=__nEUGgQdG3awnp3jOgqIGN-381B0%3D&ved=0ahUKEwjPzOvc-dnLAhWEbz4KHdA0DigQyjcINg&ei=tzH0Vo-VEYTf-QHQ6bjAAg#imgrc=loSZ780FSJKL_M%3A

Edited by GAPeachie
  • Like 1

If you already have dishes, I would wait until the holiday sales in November/December.  They really are quite a bit cheaper then.  (At least they were last year.) 

I don't understand. Everyone keeps saying that but when I looked on black Friday it was cheaper to buy from Fiestadirect. What am I missing?

How many pieces do you have per kid?

Everyone has their own place setting (dinner plate, small bread/dessert plate, a tumbler and the cereal bowl). They are responsible for rinsing off their dishes during the day and then after dinner, it all goes in the dishwasher. We have similar assigned colors for their water bottle, their towels and their bins of current school work. I want to add the Java mugs soonish and maybe the ramekins later.

I find that each kid having only one means messes can not accumulate. My older son has turquoise, my younger son the peacock as I mentioned, my niece has the flamingo pink and my nephew has red. My husband got purple when my nephew wanted red and I have the shamrock green. This way I also know who leaves their stuff out. It's an easy system.

Edited by LucyStoner
  • Like 1

Last year on Black Friday, Kohl's had all of their Fiestaware at 50 percent off.

That included a 5-piece setting for $23.99.  I just went over to Kohl's website and they are currently having a sale.  This item is $29.99.

I price-checked for you at fiestafactorydirect.  Their price for a 5-piece setting is 32.99.

Everyone has their own place setting. They are responsible for rinsing off their dishes during the day and then after dinner, it all goes in the dishwasher. We have similar assigned colors for their water bottle, their towels and their bins of current school work.

I find that each kid having only one means messes can not accumulate.

I never thought of this. Neat idea! It's not like you're going to forget to have dinner,

Last year on Black Friday, Kohl's had all of their Fiestaware at 50 percent off.

That included a 5-piece setting for $23.99.  I just went over to Kohl's website and they are currently having a sale.  This item is $29.99.

I price-checked for you at fiestafactorydirect.  Their price for a 5-piece setting is 32.99.

They're 6 for the price of 5 at fiestafactorydirect making them cheaper today, but black Friday at Kohl's a better deal by $20 for what I want. Thanks!

• Like 1

Actually the place I bought our first four place settings from is still in business.

They have the 16 piece set (4 place settings for $111 and the same plus serving dishes for $186.) Call or email them and they will sub in the Java mugs for the regular weird mugs.

http://zestydishes.com/fiesta-dinnerware-16-piece-dinnerware-set-service-for-four/

Caveat emptor: everything arrived in one piece but shipping was slow and customer service weird. They did send us two pices which were incorrect but they replaced them and let me keep the erroronously included ones (Orange small plate and something else IIRC). It ships from Ohio.

• Like 1

I never thought of this. Neat idea! It's not like you're going to forget to have dinner,

They're 6 for the price of 5 at fiestafactorydirect making them cheaper today, but black Friday at Kohl's a better deal by $20 for what I want. Thanks!

Oops.  Forgot to factor that in.

I got a couple of Fiesta serving bowls last Christmas.

My kids eat off of cafeteria trays.   :leaving:  

• Like 1

I don't understand. Everyone keeps saying that but when I looked on black Friday it was cheaper to buy from Fiestadirect. What am I missing?

Around the holidays, they offer the regular sale, Plus a coupon for extra off. 

• Like 1

I don't get Kohl's or Macy's coupons and was not impresses with black Friday sales. They both jacked up the original price so the sale looked really good but you were paying the same. In your experience is 6 four piece place settings with java mug and 6 dinner plates for $229.90 good?

I don't know about Kohls, but I know that Macys doesn't do this. 

I was watching for a few pieces arond Black Friday and Kohls and Macys both had the same 'retail price " listed, but their sale prices fluctuated over the weekend with various '5 hour sales' type events. On top of those sale prices, there were sometimes additional coupons you could apply. As far as the high retail price....The retail price, really is that high. LOL 

• Like 1

Everyone has their own place setting (dinner plate, small bread/dessert plate, a tumbler and the cereal bowl). They are responsible for rinsing off their dishes during the day and then after dinner, it all goes in the dishwasher. We have similar assigned colors for their water bottle, their towels and their bins of current school work. I want to add the Java mugs soonish and maybe the ramekins later.

I find that each kid having only one means messes can not accumulate. My older son has turquoise, my younger son the peacock as I mentioned, my niece has the flamingo pink and my nephew has red. My husband got purple when my nephew wanted red and I have the shamrock green. This way I also know who leaves their stuff out. It's an easy system.

This is brilliant! 

When I was in High School I had a friend whose father had tossed every drinking glass in the house, and bought one large plastic cup for each in a different color.   Her brothers had the habit of getting a new glass every time.  But, it hadn't occurred to me that Feista could do that same thing but broader.  

• Like 1

This is brilliant! 

When I was in High School I had a friend whose father had tossed every drinking glass in the house, and bought one large plastic cup for each in a different color.   Her brothers had the habit of getting a new glass every time.  But, it hadn't occurred to me that Feista could do that same thing but broader.  

I'm doing this. I wanted all different colors anyway so if it doesn't work out I'll just have to buy more. :D