Menu

I. want.

Urgh, I should clarify: we do actually have a generator, so there is "electricity"...but man, it's becoming such a pain. Laundry and dishes are the big thing because we can power the well but not the water heater. :glare: Laundry for six people. After seven days. :eek:

And our power was restored for about 40 minutes on Friday morning before it was gone again...so the entire area is restored with the exception of us and our neighbor. :svengo:

Ooh! Ooh! The power foreman just called dee-aitch from my neighbor's! Keep your collective fingers crossed, please! They are going to walk the line again... :hurray: :party:

And our power was restored for about 40 minutes on Friday morning before it was gone again...so the entire area is restored with the exception of us and our neighbor. :svengo:

Ooh! Ooh! The power foreman just called dee-aitch from my neighbor's! Keep your collective fingers crossed, please! They are going to walk the line again... :hurray: :party:

OH here is hoping!!!!!

During the Tornado, we lost a pole and they were waiting on there. WELL, the pole truck LEFT THE NEIGHBORHOOD withOUT dropping ours off.

I RAN down my 500ft driveway hollering. I finally found a supervisor in a pickup... he says, "you don't need a pole, you don't feed from that line".

UMMMM, we do and bring the pole back.

They apologized profusely that their map was wrong and had 7 guys standing around figuring out what to do.... it was quite funny to watch.

But i gave them food & soda so they turned it on overnight for us (needed a daylight inspection! LOL!!).

So i'm doing the power happy dance for you - soon!!!!!

:grouphug:

:lol::lol: We make quite a pair, don't we? How are we ever going to get anything done today with our fingers and toes crossed? :001_huh:

Another reason to hope we hear back from her soon! But I think the fact that I'm looking a bit odd is a much smaller problem. :lol:

Knew those long toes would be good for something! :D

:grouphug:I so hope your power is on asap. :grouphug:

"Floods stink." Quote from my ds.

Urgh, I should clarify: we do actually have a generator, so there is "electricity"...but man, it's becoming such a pain. Laundry and dishes are the big thing because we can power the well but not the water heater. :glare: Laundry for six people. After seven days. :eek:

I know what having no power is like. When the 3 hurricanes came across Florida a few years back, we had no power for 3 weeks.

We spent 3 days a dh parents house and that was a much as we could handle. Spent the rest of the time at our house, going to friends houses in another part of town, so we could shower and wash clothes. It was rather like an extended camping trip.

But i gave them food & soda so they turned it on overnight for us (needed a daylight inspection! LOL!!).

So i'm doing the power happy dance for you - soon!!!!!

:grouphug:

Unlike people in Cincinnati, who have been harrassing the power line guys until it was stated that anyone who threatens a Duke Energy person WILL be arrested. Sure enough, the next day a guy was arrested for waving a gun at them. Of course, who am I to complain? Our power went out Sunday afternoon, and cam eback on about 18 hours later. MANY of my friends were without power for the week,and some, I think, still are.

Well? We are patiently waiting. Do we have power yet? If not, I do hope it is soon!!! Good luck.

Unlike people in Cincinnati, who have been harrassing the power line guys until it was stated that anyone who threatens a Duke Energy person WILL be arrested. Sure enough, the next day a guy was arrested for waving a gun at them. Of course, who am I to complain? Our power went out Sunday afternoon, and cam eback on about 18 hours later. MANY of my friends were without power for the week,and some, I think, still are.

Ye gads.....

My parents hadn't been thru the hurricanes, so they weren't as understanding as we were (they lived here at the time). We had a generator, so we weren't "bad" off, but our biggest concern was once they left the area with the poles - it would be weeks before they'd come back. We were also going to be the only house on the drop from the highway that was going to be hooked back up. Everyone else lost their homes - or had enough damage it was weeks before they COULD be hooked up.

We have learned thru the 04 hurricanes and the 07 tornado, be nice and you get power sooner :D

My friend in Cleveland was out for 3 days i think.

It might actually be easier to just take it all to a laundromat and use the Super Capacity Machines -- washed all at the same time, dried all at the same time, folded there, brought home in baskets and put away. Family Project. Done. HTH.

It might actually be easier to just take it all to a laundromat and use the Super Capacity Machines -- washed all at the same time, dried all at the same time, folded there, brought home in baskets and put away. Family Project. Done. HTH.

I thought about this on Day 5 sans electric, but most of the surrounding towns were still without power, as well. Thankfully, my nearly-new LGs are ready and waiting this evening. :D

:w00t: