Menu

Book a Week 2015 - BW51: winter solstice

Robin M

I didn't realize it was an Icelandic thing.  Reporting in from Manor McC---------:

• aggieamy - working on her pathetic novel that she vows to have completed by the end of the year
  • Chews on Books - sound asleep (YAY!)
  • Little Librarian - reading the illustrated Harry Potter she got for Christmas (we open presents on Christmas Eve)
  • aggieamy DH - sitting by the fire reading The Shadows of the Wind

I feel as though all is right with the world.

If I don't get a chance to pop in tomorrow then let me wish everyone who celebrates it a MERRY CHRISTMAS.  Everyone else I will wish the HAPPIEST OF ALL NORMAL FRIDAYS!  :) 

• Like 12

Just got back from celebrating Christmas at my in-laws' house.

My bookish sil had my name this year. So, I came home with:

a B&N gift card

a subscription to Archaeology magazine

Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel (I've tried this a couple years ago but the unclear pronoun references drove me crazy; guess I'll have to give it another shot when I have the concentration)

American Gods by Neil Gaiman (a fancy version; have never read this one & have meant to, so I'm looking forward to it)

• Like 14

a B&N gift card

Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel (I've tried this a couple years ago but the unclear pronoun references drove me crazy; guess I'll have to give it another shot when I have the concentration)

American Gods by Neil Gaiman (a fancy version; have never read this one & have meant to, so I'm looking forward to it)

That sounds like a very Stacia-ish stack of gifts!  She must be a good SIL.

• Like 10

Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates!

Eta: Aggieamy, The Dicken's History of England is pretty good. You probably would enjoy having on your kindles.

Thanks Kareni, I just got Marrying Stone.

My teens are still snug in their beds. Presents await but they need to wake up!

Edited by mumto2
  • Like 11

Merry Christmas! A brief window of time this morning, having woken up the tiniest bit hung over from perhaps too much wine and tamales, everyone else still tucked in with visions of sugarplums etc., not a creature stirring not even the cat for once, and just time enough to finish Roadside Picnic. Thanks to all who recommended it; it's been passed around the house and I'm the last to read it. It was pleasing to see from the Afterword that Jaroslav Hašek kept up the spirits of the Strugatsky brothers in their battle with the Soviet censors. May we all likewise find the necessary encouragement in the New Year, from sources literary or other, at our moments of need. Best of health for body, mind, and soul, friends; and peace on Earth to all on whom His favor rests.

Edited by Violet Crown
  • Like 12

My kids always get a book from Santa.  My 14-year-old son gets an audiobook from Audible because his interest level is far beyond his reading level (he's got dyslexia).  He's an avid listener.  This year we decided to get him all seven Harry Potter books.  I read them to the older two when they were younger, but now he can listen to them whenever he wants.  He was pretty surprised by that set!

My oldest and third got The Little Girl/Boy Who Lost Her/His Name and my youngest got The Incredible Intergalactic Journey Home (he already has Lost His Name) from https://www.lostmy.name/ My daughter's book is so thick.  We call her Ani, but her actual name is Anastasia.

I've gotten in a multiple book reading mood.  I've got 8 going at once lol

• Like 13

Merry Christmas! A brief window of time this morning, having woken up the tiniest bit hung over from perhaps too much wine and tamales, everyone else still tucked in with visions of sugarplums etc., not a creature stirring not even the cat for once, and just time enough to finish Roadside Picnic. Thanks to all who recommended it; it's been passed around the house and I'm the last to read it. It was pleasing to see from the Afterword that Jaroslav Hašek kept up the spirits of the Strugatsky brothers in their battle with the Soviet censors. May we all likewise find the necessary encouragement in the New Year, from sources literary or other, at our moments of need. Best of health for body, mind, and soul, friends; and peace on Earth to all on whom His favor rests.

Merry Christmas to all!

Roadside Picnic was tucked into my husband's stocking although my son and I are joining the queue.  Clever how I sneak these books into my house, eh?

• Like 12

Merry Christmas or happy glorious Friday, depending on how you look at it.   My wonderful guys gave me a boatload of books and not all were on my Amazon wishlist.  Hubby managed to surprise me with Mary Shelley, Ray Bradbury and By the Book.

10274143_1112398305437553_16215449822032

• Like 15

a B&N gift card

Awesome!   I think I'll join you for Wolf Hall when you are ready as it is on Amazon Uk for 2.99 pounds and $4.99 U.S. today

Check out book perks from harper Collins for more offerings. 

• Like 8

Aw!  We'll whisper for a while.   :laugh:   Just added Roadside Picnic to my ebook shelves.  Thank you for the best of health blessing.  Amen, my dear! 

• Like 9

A very merry Christmas to those who are celebrating the occasion and a wish for peace, good health and copious time to read to all.

I received a few books last night ~

Shadow's End: A Novel of the Elder (A Novel of the Elder Races) by Thea Harrison, a favorite author and series

Walk Through Fire (Chaos) by Kristen Ashley, another favorite author

and

Daughter of the Blood (Black Jewels, Book 1) by Anne Bishop (since I enjoyed the author's Written in Red: A Novel of the Others and its sequels and was curious to try something else by the author)

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 11

Merry Christmas Everyone!  Or a very blessed Friday  :D   After a crazy month I am enjoying just sitting on the couch with a dog in my lap (we are dog sitting for Aly's best friend) watching dd's putting together their Lego Dimensions and listening to dh give us little facts from his Christmas book, A Chicken in Every Yard.   :laugh:

I received no books for Christmas but I did receive a new laptop!  I now can see the whole screen  :lol:

• Little Librarian - reading the illustrated Harry Potter she got for Christmas (we open presents on Christmas Eve)

Skye bought this for herself for her birthday.  She is reading it over Christmas break!

Our family finished reading aloud The Immortal Nicholas today.  It was different but good.  I enjoyed it.  I need to get my 2015 book list put on my new computer!

Happy day to all!

• Like 11

So glad you guys enjoyed it! 

• Like 8

Merry Christmas/Happy Friday! I love having a teen in the house - we got to sleep in till almost 8:00 today, which is the latest Xmas morning wakeup in . . . 13 years?

Shannon is thrilled to have found The Belgariad and The Mallorean under the tree, and Morgan is happy with the last 4 Nanny Piggins books.  I'm kind of sad at having to forgo some gluten-filled Christmas traditions - my dh makes sticky buns for breakfast every year - but it's all good. I will gain fewer pounds this year, no doubt!

• Like 14

One of the books my dd got last night (from her Oma & Opa) was Manners and Mutiny by Gail Carriger. (The latest/fourth one in her Finishing School series.) Dd started reading it while still at Oma & Opa's house & had it finished before she turned out her light last night. (Late, admittedly late, but she read the whole thing. Lol.)

• Like 11

I received no books for Christmas but I did receive a new laptop!  I now can see the whole screen  :lol:

Me too! Well, I did receive the new Pioneer Woman cookbook because I put it under the tree, but no other books. But I am thrilled to have a new computer that works. And the real gift of love from dh is all the hours he put into getting it set up with all of my old files and stuff. My old computer (2006) was old enough that I could no longer update the operating system and thus the browser, so lots of stuff just didn't work anymore--couldn't go to some websites, couldn't place orders from some, etc. So this new one is lovely.

• Like 11

I too will be joining you on Darwin's voyage but I have a different edition, one published by White Star.  It is a book that I picked up at a library sale for a dollar or two. 

Also, I'm ninth in the queue at my library for Between the World and Me. There are 26 of us waiting for one of three copies in the system.  Which only goes to demonstrate that patience has not been lost!

• Like 10

Also, I'm ninth in the queue at my library for Between the World and Me. There are 26 of us waiting for one of three copies in the system.  Which only goes to demonstrate that patience has not been lost!

I'm happy to send you my copy in a week or so, if you like.

I'm being tempted by the Voyage of the Beagle plan.

• Like 9

No books for me. Dh and I didn't do gifts for each other so not much under the tree for adults. Dd received a book of bobbin lace making patterns and ds a Christmas music book for his ukulele.

Are ukulele's a huge fad in the States? Groups are all over the place here. Our village has one with 70 people in it. Ds just plays with a friend for fun. She (friend) received the music book also. My current book (my first village cozy preview) is about a murder in a ukulele group. Lucy Cookman's Murder out of Tune.https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21814388-murder-out-of-tune. So far really enjoyable.

We have had a quiet day. Plenty of goodies. We watched Shrek movies while the dc's decorated their gingerbread house and assembled their Christmas lego...Scooby this year.

Everyone's stacks look fun. I am enjoying the pictures.

• Like 12

I'm happy to send you my copy in a week or so, if you like.

I'm being tempted by the Voyage of the Beagle plan.

Wow, that is really generous of you.  But I think you might want to take your time with the book, from what I have heard.  Much to digest.

Let me know when you finish it and I can see where I am in the queue!

No books for me. Dh and I didn't do gifts for each other so not much under the tree for adults. Dd received a book of bobbin lace making patterns and ds a Christmas music book for his ukulele.

Are ukulele's a huge fad in the States? Groups are all over the place here. Our village has one with 70 people in it. Ds just plays with a friend for fun. She (friend) received the music book also. My current book (my first village cozy preview) is about a murder in a ukulele group. Lucy Cookman's Murder out of Tune.https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21814388-murder-out-of-tune. So far really enjoyable.

We have had a quiet day. Plenty of goodies. We watched Shrek movies while the dc's decorated their gingerbread house and assembled their Christmas lego...Scooby this year.

Ukuleles are great!  There is a uke school in a town near us.  When Jake Shimabukuro gave a concert at the nearby university, a bunch of kids wandered in with ukuleles. 

My print gifts included a book of essays by Charles D'Ambrosio called Loitering (thanks Secret Santa!), HoRW, Seamwork (the Colette Pattern Company's print annual of their online magazine) and an adult coloring book of Scandinavian folk patterns.  A sister in law sent the three of us each a coloring book.

• Like 10

My brother bought me 'The Language of Baklava' and no baklava to eat while I read it! Stingy bugger!  :glare:  :laugh:  (Luckily there is a kebab shop up the road. Their baklava isn't the best, but it'll be good enough. :) )

He also bought me a cookbook I've been wanting to look at for years and 'Am I Black Enough for You?' on Aboriginal identity. I'm looking forward to that. :)

• Like 11

Wow, that is really generous of you.  But I think you might want to take your time with the book, from what I have heard.  Much to digest.

Let me know when you finish it and I can see where I am in the queue!

I'll let you know when I'm done. The reason I suggested a short time frame is only because it's such a small book. The pages are maybe 5"x 8" and it's only ~150 pages long. Big things come in small packages?

• Like 9

No books for me either but I get all the books I want throughout the year, and I read almost exclusively on my Kindle. Most of the books I read are library downloads. We got Dss/ddil and the boys an I Spy Christmas book. Dss got 2 cool books about being a dad from his MIL. No, she wasn't trying to tell him something. ;) She just knows he likes stuff like that.

Stacia, I enjoyed both Wolf Hall and Bring up the Bodies but it did take me until my second try to get into Wolf Hall. Hopefully you'll find the second try works for you too.

I have The Voyage of the Beagle on Kindle. I had planned to read it quite a while ago but never got around to it. I might try to read along with you all. 

• Like 12

My mom is in a group called the Kooky Ukes - it's mostly ladies in their 70's and 80's. My mom has always been a performer and thinks everyone else should be too. She's had frustrations getting this group on the road though - she says they never want to practice to perfection, they won't do choreography, and then, well, there is the one lady who has narcolepsy and falls asleep during performances. I think mom's about to give up on them and go back to singing with her quartet.

• Like 10

Today I finished Dawn Ryder's erotic romance Rock Me Two Times (Rock Band)  which has, no surprise, adult content.  I think I'd have appreciated just a little more story.

"Rock star Syon Braden writes and plays the most extreme-and profitable-music from the depths of his shredded heart. He's got a double platinum record, adoring fans, and success for his band Toxsin-but it's what he can't have that he craves. Custom leather designer Kate Napier has her sights set on success, and that means keeping irresistible rock stars like Syon out of her bed. The chance to tour with the band and provide them with a fantastic custom wardrobe is too major an opportunity to turn down. But immersion in the dark, wild world of Toxsin on tour means Kate's about to get rocked...hard...body and soul."

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 7

Did you know the word ukulele means "jumping fleas" in the Hawaiian language?  It describes the motion of the hands of the instrumentalist.  My poor, neglected ukulele literally hangs out on the wall next to my equally neglected mandolin, but both like to sing along when I practice the violin, thanks to acoustic resonance! 

23975559235_d3e2e90b8b_n.jpg

My small but delightful book stack from today.  I also got a couple of nice jigsaw puzzles, and a beautiful yarn bowl, so I'm all set for indulging in some down time!  I'm hoping the college boy finishes and leaves behind Bats of the Republic when he returns to campus in a few weeks. 

Also worth sharing is our dog's bemused reaction to BB-8.    23975558765_ee63fd410c_n.jpg

• Like 13

I just finished reading a book on menopause. That was fun. Now I'm going to lend it to my mum. Drinking herbal teas will give her something to do while she waits for her doctors to figure out her health problems.

I am not sure that liking your post is appropriate. I hope the doctors find a solution to your mom's problems soon.

Shawn, I think most of the ukulele groups here are mainly OAP's too. Two of our older bell ringers also play with the group and think Ds should join.... not going to happen! :lol:

Jenn, It took me awhile to figure out what a BB-8 was. We really need to go see the Star Wars movie. The dc's have almost finished watching the old ones (I gave up). Now that I have googled I would imagine your dog (beautiful btw) has many hours of entertainment ahead. Looks cute!

• Like 9

Anyway, she doesn't do much research and reviews for hair products. Wish they would as my hair is thinning.

So many of us experience this as we get older. If you need tips that may be helpful, let me know. I could start a thread if you're interested or just send you several messages. I have posted about hair loss prevention several times before. I just didn't want to bore anyone. 

If it makes you feel any better, I feel like a huge underachiever because I have no idea how to sew, crochet, or knit. 

Me neither, except that I don't feel like an underachiever. It doesn't bother me at all. I often wish that I was a great photographer. I'll work on that someday. I used to be good before digital cameras and all. 

After weeks of stress & heartache, I decided to make myself sit down & read a bit last night. It was a nice respite from real life.

You have been in my thoughts a lot, Stacia.  :grouphug:

Just popping in to say that I finished Elie Wiesel's Night, and while I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for holiday reading, it is a book that I think everyone should read. Every citizen of the world. 

I read Night a few years ago and remember being very moved by it. I agree that everyone should read it. I didn't know that it's part of a trilogy, so I recently ordered the rest and will re-read Night when I do so. 

I've tried and tried to read this a few times. It wasn't for me and yet I feel that I should keep trying everyone someone brings it up.  :lol:

• Like 11

Since the topics of knitting and aging often seem to surface in this thread, permit me to share a story in the latest issue of Piecework magazine.  The article "Sister Matthia" is written by Bonnie Wilker, who made a career working to improve the quality of life for the aged.  Ms. Wilker introduces us to a woman who has had a profound influence on her life even though they had never met in person. 

It sounds as though Sister Matthia led a rich and fulfilling life within her order (School Sisters of Notre Dame).  She taught and knitted prodigiously. According to her obituary in the LA Times, after retirement from teaching she knitted a pair of mittens daily which she gave to the needy. 

She was also one of the test subjects in the famous "Nun Study" conducted by David Snowdon, a longitudinal study of the physical and mental health of 686 nuns.  As part of that study, Sister Matthia's brain was examined after she died at age 104.  This is where it gets amazing:  despite having Stage 4 Alzheimer's, Sister Matthia was happy and active.  She not only kept knitting mittens until the end, she taught others how to knit.

The author of the article, Bonnie Wilker, then reminds us that recent studies indicate that reading, game playing and crafting could reduce chances of mild cognitive impairment.  She posits that knitting may have "helped Sister Matthia avoid the most negative aspects of dementia". 

She summarizes by telling us within the final paragraph what Sister Matthia has taught her:

To strive for moderation in lifestyle choices, but more important, to be concerned for others, to have quiet time, to establish goals, to be committed, to be creative--and to knit daily.

Amen.

• Like 14

Apologies if someone already posted this '10 Best Books' link!

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20151217-the-10-best-books-of-2015?

I

Thanks for those. I've added a few to my TBR list. One was already there - The Elena Ferrante novel. I'm on the second in the quartet so I'll eventually get to the final one, The Story of a Lost Child.

• Like 9

One of the books my dd got last night (from her Oma & Opa) was Manners and Mutiny by Gail Carriger. (The latest/fourth one in her Finishing School series.) Dd started reading it while still at Oma & Opa's house & had it finished before she turned out her light last night. (Late, admittedly late, but she read the whole thing. Lol.)

Aly received this as well!  She has enjoyed the series so far.  Aly also received the new James Dashner book, The Game of Lives, and The Scorch Trials.

Skye got #2 and #3 in The Selection series and The Illuminae.

Dh got his chicken book and Ted Cruz's new book.

Me too! Well, I did receive the new Pioneer Woman cookbook because I put it under the tree, but no other books. But I am thrilled to have a new computer that works. And the real gift of love from dh is all the hours he put into getting it set up with all of my old files and stuff. My old computer (2006) was old enough that I could no longer update the operating system and thus the browser, so lots of stuff just didn't work anymore--couldn't go to some websites, couldn't place orders from some, etc. So this new one is lovely.

:hurray:  My computer gave out two years ago (the port stopped charging) and so I was using Skye's old one that had a broken screen.  So nice of your dh to get everything transferred over!

Are ukulele's a huge fad in the States? 

I'm beginning to wonder!  There is a boy or two in Aly's theater group that are into ukulele's.  One was going to some big ukulele concert that sold out quickly.

I may have hit 52 books last night.  I really need to pull over my reading list so I can write reviews and do my updates!

• Like 9

It didn't occur to me until you asked, but I think maybe they are. Ds bought one, but he plays guitar. However, his girlfriend who doesn't play an instrument was also interested in learning to play the ukulele. Our neighbor across the street (also a guitar player) has one, and several of ds' friends either have or want one.

• Like 8

When I glanced out the kitchen window while pouring my morning coffee, I saw 5 Cedar Wax Wings in my backyard! I gasped out loud, grabbed my iPhone for a quick picture, but they all left before I could get a shot.  My dh came running into the kitchen to see what I was so excited about. 

And one more thought about the popularity of the ukulele -- it is an excellent introductory instrument. It's small with only 4 strings to cope with, no guitar picks to fumble with, and as most songs only require 3 or 4 chords, there is almost instant gratification. 

Rosie -- I'm guessing the current wildfires are far from your home?  Wishing you an uneventful summer/wildfire season.

• Like 10

I have three days to finish a book that has been sitting on my library stacks for weeks. (I can't renew it.) So, I started it today in the hopes I can get through it in a few days.

9781501106781.jpg

The Incarnations by Susan Barker 

"New York Times" Notable Book of 2015
Kirkus Reviews Best Fiction Book of 2015
Finalist for the 2015 Kirkus Prize for Fiction
Winner of a Jerwood Fiction Uncovered Prize

Hailed by "The New York Times" for its wildly ambitious...dazzling use of language and mesmerizing storytelling, "The Incarnations" is a brilliant, mind-expanding, and wildly original novel (Chris Cleave) about a Beijing taxi driver whose past incarnations over one thousand years haunt him through searing letters sent by his mysterious soulmate.

"Who are you? you must be wondering. I am your soulmate, your old friend, and I have come back to this city of sixteen million in search of you."

So begins the first letter that falls into Wang's lap as he flips down the visor in his taxi. The letters that follow are filled with the stories of Wang's previous lives from escaping a marriage to a spirit bride, to being a slave on the run from Genghis Khan, to living as a fisherman during the Opium Wars, and being a teenager on the Red Guard during the cultural revolution bound to his mysterious soulmate, spanning one thousand years of betrayal and intrigue.

As the letters continue to appear seemingly out of thin air, Wang becomes convinced that someone is watching him someone who claims to have known him for over one thousand years. And with each letter, Wang feels the watcher growing closer and closer

Seamlessly weaving Chinese folklore, history, and literary classics, "The Incarnations "is a taut and gripping novel that sheds light on the cyclical nature of history as it hints that the past is never truly settled.

I'm about 70 pages in. Redsquirrel, I think this is one you would enjoy.

Edited by Stacia
  • Like 11

Late last night (well, early this morning), I finished the first of my Christmas gift books.  I enjoyed it.  It's the latest in a favorite paranormal romance series, and I do recommend starting with the first book.

Shadow's End: A Novel of the Elder Races  by Thea Harrison

"For Beluviel, consort to the Elven High Lord, and Graydon, gryphon and First Sentinel of the Wyr, even the slightest desire for each other is forbidden. But two hundred years ago, after a desperate play to save Beluviel’s stepson left them indebted to the cruel Djinn Malphas, they found their fates inexorably linked together—and the hunger between them growing too strong to ignore…

Two centuries later, with their debt to Malphas coming due, Beluviel and Graydon realize that, if they are to stand any chance of saving their souls, they must once again work together—this time more closely than ever before. But every moment they spend with each other brings them nearer to losing something even more vital—their hearts…"

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 7

Merry Christmas/Happy Friday! I love having a teen in the house - we got to sleep in till almost 8:00 today, which is the latest Xmas morning wakeup in . . . 13 years?

I think it was our latest too. I thought she would sleep all day! We didn't start Christmas morning until 10:30! 

(She had been up half the night reading Crime and Punishment, which she  :001_wub: .)

• Like 11

My mom is in a group called the Kooky Ukes - it's mostly ladies in their 70's and 80's. My mom has always been a performer and thinks everyone else should be too. She's had frustrations getting this group on the road though - she says they never want to practice to perfection, they won't do choreography, and then, well, there is the one lady who has narcolepsy and falls asleep during performances. I think mom's about to give up on them and go back to singing with her quartet.

That is one cool mom.   :lol: re: resistance  to choreography.

• Like 10

I finished what will probably be my final book of 2015, my birthday book: The Year of Lear: Shakespeare in 1606 by James Shapiro.  I loved it!  I know quite a bit about Tudor history, and had always thought of Shakespeare as an Elizabethan playwright, so this book, which focused on Shakespeare's Jacobean plays, particularly Lear, Macbeth and Antony & Cleopatra, was great - it filled in a lot of historical context, which made the plays more understandable for me, as well.  Very interesting book, I think anybody who loves Shakespeare or English history would enjoy it.

I started HotRW. I couldn't resist! I thought it wouldn't hurt to get a head start.  The main read-along I'm planning with in this time period is The Book of the City of Ladies by Christine de Pizan.  And Dante. Maybe this is the year I will finally read Dante!  I know we had this discussion when y'all were reading Dante, but can I get a translator recommendation for The Divine Comedy?  I've also never tackled Petrarch or Boccacio, does anybody have any suggestions about how to get started with either of them?

I'm feeling ambitious today. We'll see how long that lasts. :001_rolleyes:

• Like 15

I finished The Tempest today.  Sometimes I randomly read a Shakespeare play.  I always enjoy Shakespeare.  I fell in love with him when I was 12 and my uncle gave me The Complete Works of Shakespeare for Christmas.  He was never one to assume something would be too hard for a young child to understand.  As a result I was determined to learn to understand Shakespeare - and I succeeded.  My uncle loved Shakespeare and took me at least once a year to see a performance at The Shakespeare Theater in DC.

• Like 13

And Dante. Maybe this is the year I will finally read Dante!  I know we had this discussion when y'all were reading Dante, but can I get a translator recommendation for The Divine Comedy?  

I used Mandelbaum's translation for Inferno, which I believe was suggested by Eliana. This is the link to the one I used; there was some confusion on Amazon wrt incorrect reviews linked with incorrect translations/cover. I'm not sure if that's Amazon's fault or if reviewers are reviewing the incorrect item. 

I enjoyed this translation not only because of the wording, but the ease and enjoyment of having the original on the facing page.

• Like 9

Jane -  Thank you for sharing your bird photo.  I think when I grow up (well, when DS is out of the toddler stage and I can devote time to things like fun hobbies instead of my current hobby which is trying to keep my living room floor picked up) I'm going to take up birding.  Any books to suggest for a gal that doesn't know much more than to identify a cardinal?

Kareni -  I hope you have having a lovely visit with your daughter!

Butter - I'm glad you are reporting in with good news.  Keep up that healing.  Hopefully you'll be feeling like a new and improved woman by New Years.

Kareni & Mumto - I did go ahead and pick up the Dickens history book along with about a dozen other Kindle books.  There have been some good deals on kids books lately.

Stacia -  ((HUGS))  I sure hope your DH gets good news soon so you'll have that stress out of your life.  

Angel -  DD is already asking when the second illustrated HP book is coming out.  I told her next Christmas.  She's hinting it would make a great Christmas present next year also.  What does your DD think of it?

• Like 12