Menu

What's with the ads?

Thanks to everyone for the headsup!

Managed to get logged in to get DD13's report.  Now I cannot log out due to high server activity, so I cannot get DS16's report.  :tongue_smilie:

I'm not sure how to go about getting the report for DS13, who does not yet have an account.  Perhaps we need to wait for snail mail.

Just an update.  Managed to logout login to get DS16's scores yesterday.  It was just a matter of persistence.

Based on encouragement from this thread, MomsInTheGarden decided to create an account for DS13 to see if she could get his scores as well.  After failing to be able to set the school to VIRGINIA HOME SCHOOL (994799) and after multiple logins and logouts, she failed to see the scores.  I decided to login to DS13's account this morning and the scores came right up!  This was true even though his profile did not contain any high school code at all.  (I have since added that.)

Are we sharing scores to see how things look in this brave new world of PSAT testing?  Our DC's scores are not particularly high nor low (nor do they count for anything this year), so I thought I would start:

DS16 - Ninth Grade - R/W: 690 M: 620 Total: 1310 NMSC Selection Index: 200

DS13 - Eighth Grade - R/W: 690 M: 610 Total: 1300 NMSC Selection Index: 199

DD13 - Eight Grade - R/W: 670 M: 540 Total: 1210 NMSC Selection Index: 188

Our conclusions are that the math section got quite a bit harder with this new test, but we feel our students have sufficient time to study and prepare before they take it again for real.  These scores are also in-line with what DS17 achieved when he took the test early, so they seem to be on course to do well (although DS17 did it with a bit less preparation).  Luckily tere's little chance the PSAT will change again before they take it again!

Edited by RegGuheert

I am so frustrated....I have called 3x and everyone has told me something different.  We can't get past the "access code".  My son was not sent one and we have tried all of the ones that we know of.  Did you all get access codes sent to your email?  My son put his email on his test but we have yet to get an access code.  If I have to wait for the paper results I am going to go :willy_nilly:!  So discouraging!

I am so frustrated....I have called 3x and everyone has told me something different.  We can't get past the "access code".  My son was not sent one and we have tried all of the ones that we know of.  Did you all get access codes sent to your email?  My son put his email on his test but we have yet to get an access code.  If I have to wait for the paper results I am going to go :willy_nilly:!  So discouraging!

The "access code" is printed in big letters on the front page of the score report.  Just log in and you can read it once you download the score report! :lol:

Seriously, I'm sorry for the frustration.  We managed to get DS13's result sometime after MomsInTheGarden created a new account for him.  She also was not able to get past the "access code" part, but the scores somehow got associated with his account.  We still don't know how it happened since she didn't even manage to assign a school code to him.  I wonder if having siblings at the same address who had valid accounts made a difference.

Where is it asking for an access code? Ds never received one nor was he prompted for one. He just signed in to his College Board account and then went to this link:

https://studentscore...d.org/viewscore

That's the expected behavior if your student has a prior account and some previous testing with the College Board.  In the case where this is the student's first experience with the College Board, the "access code" is usually required.  But somehow some of us are getting the results without the access code.

• Like 1

It's just crazy, he took them last year and we had no trouble they were just right there in his account.  I feel the frustration of all you out there who has spent days on this to no avail!  :(  Hoping it goes through!

Well, I just checked my kiddo's accounts again.  Still no results for this year, but my D's results from last year are now showing in her account. 

Since this year counts for my son, I hope that lack of test results for this year does not mean that his test was lost.  I tried calling the CB, but like yesterday, got a recording to call back tomorrow and then was hung up on.  :cursing:

I would be livid if my son wanted these results in order to begin prepping for the new SAT in March.  Since he has no plans of taking the new SAT, I am merely annoyed with the incompetent CB. :glare:

We shouldn't have to do an access code but after talking with the supervisor over at college board this year some have them.  Guess I'll just have to wait.  :(  She did say that they still have not sent out all of the "access codes" and it might take a couple more days for that all to be out.  We'll see!?

Edited by Homeschoolmom3

That's the expected behavior if your student has a prior account and some previous testing with the College Board.  In the case where this is the student's first experience with the College Board, the "access code" is usually required.  But somehow some of us are getting the results without the access code.

Ah, I see. The PSAT *was* my son's first CB test, but he also did the December SAT and had to create an account for that. But it was after the PSAT and I was wondering how they would magically connect his PSAT records with that account. Apparently it worked (and with zero effort on our part). I wish I could sprinkle the magic over to the rest of you. This sounds like such a pain. :(

I had many of the same problems as everyone else.

Our home school code - Ky Home School was eventually accepted after multiple repeats. Then we had no scores. I saw the page asking for an access code, but of course did not have access to the access code. Eventually last year's scores showed up and with a few more hours this years magically appeared. It took a combination of frustration, persistence, time and ignoring the computer. Hope it gets to working for everyone else.

I am so frustrated....I have called 3x and everyone has told me something different. We can't get past the "access code". My son was not sent one and we have tried all of the ones that we know of. Did you all get access codes sent to your email? My son put his email on his test but we have yet to get an access code. If I have to wait for the paper results I am going to go :willy_nilly:! So discouraging!

I'm in the same boat as you and snowbeltmom. I'm wondering if having used a different email address than dd put on the test is delaying matching up the scores in our case. I have tried switching it several times, which hasn't helped. She doesn't know what address she put.

Another data point about accessing scores.....   I wasn't able to get one son's score report yesterday.  One support person said he hadn't provided an email (my son insisted that he had, but who knows) and so we'd have to wait for the snail mail report Jan 29.  A second support person said he'd be emailed an access code now that he had a CB account.

I tried to log in to his account this am and couldn't, even though I'd been in and out of it multiple times yesterday. It locked me out after multiple attempts and I had to create a new password.

After creating the new password, I tried to log in. Entered user name & pwd, and it seemed like nothing happened. Did it again & noticed that something got downloaded even though there was no change to the sign in page. Clicked on the download and *poof* it was my son's score report.

Good luck to those who are still trying. I know it is hugely frustrating.

Edited by yvonne
  • Like 3

yvonne--does your son's score report show what email address he used, and if it does, does it match the one you created his account with? When you did finally get the scores to pop up, and what point in the process did the screen look different? Did you log in and the scores were on your screen, or did you still have to click the "Add Scores" button first?

eta: SO frustrated. I tried resetting her password, in hopes that would "jostle" her account enough to get it to match up her scores, and now no matter what I do, I can not log in to her account. I keep requesting a new password, and when I follow that through and try to sign in, it doesn't recognize her username and password, I've requested her user name several times now and cut and paste it from the email it sends so I'm sure I'm not typing anything wrong (which was already obvious I wasn't) and I know the password is being typed correctly, but have reset it several times now anyways. Still, it will not let me log in, saying they don't recognize her username and password (yet when I enter her username to have it send take me to the reset password screen, her username works for that). I have never seen this behavior on any website and know no way around it. I doubt anyone can help me with it on the phone either, and it seems to be more of a tech problem. Agh :willy_nilly: .

Edited by kand
  • Like 1

The saga continues....well, I just arrived back home and decided to check to see if the scores have magically appeared for either kiddo. The site crashed on the first login attempt. Now I am getting an error message stating that password does not match login id. (The login and password fields are stored on my computer and automatically entered into the fields.) The level of incompetence is beginning to become comical.

The saga continues....well, I just arrived back home and decided to check to see if the scores have magically appeared for either kiddo. The site crashed on the first login attempt. Now I am getting an error message stating that password does not match login id. (The login and password fields are stored on my computer and automatically entered into the fields.) The level of incompetence is beginning to become comical.

Much as I'm sorry you're experiencing the same frustration, the fact that you're having the same login problems I am makes me feel a bit more at ease. I was thinking I'd totally screwed up her account in some unrecoverable way, but if it's happening to you, it sounds more like they're having website problems. This is maddening, huh?

• Like 1

kand, I don't see an email address listed anywhere on the score reports.  The only identifying information it has is

student name (first & last)

school name ("California Home School, School Code: 990599"-which is the state homeschool code),  and

"2015, Grade: 10th." 

"Student ID:  N/A"

"Optional Code: N/A"

This morning, when I tried to log into the one son's account which I had logged in and out of lots of times yesterday, it said that the password/user name was incorrect. Doesn't make sense because they worked perfectly well yesterday.  It locked me out for too many attempts to sign in and it required me to change the password. I changed the password. Then I went back to the studentscores sign in page, entered the user name and (new) pwd. Nothing at all happened to the sign in page. I tried entering user name & pwd again, and, again, nothing at all happened on the page. However, I did glimpse the flash that shows when something gets downloaded. I checked the download folder, clicked on the last item & it was my son's score report.

I think there are just a bunch of technical problems and it's just a matter of luck if it works any particular time you try to sign in. Now when I try to bring up my son's account, it says "Our records indicate you have not taken any College Board assessments...." 

What a mess.

• Like 3

That's exactly what happened to me this am. I kept trying and it locked me out & forced a password change. (I had to answer the security question in order to change the password.)  i completely closed out of the page after changing the pwd. Opened a new studentscore sign in page. Tried the user name & new pwd & it just downloaded the report. Signin page did not change at all. Didn't go to his account or put up any error message or other verbiage.

Maybe you could try that?  And check your downloads folder to see if anything magically appears? 

It's clearly website issues since so many issues/solutions are not reproducible.

Edited by yvonne
  • Like 1

Well...the latest here when I tried is that the site is:  temporarily unavailable.  I have just given up.  I know that if he was a junior this year I would really be going crazy!  Too bad they are the only game in town, and it surely shows why they can get away with this.  Good luck to the rest of you!

• Like 1

Been having the same troubles, but I think it is fixed now.  I just got ds's scores

Me, too! I hope that means yours are there now, too, Snowbeltmom and Homeschoolmom3 (and everyone lurking out there who's having the same problems).

• Like 1

Wow. It finally worked. I tried logging back in yet again and the scores were there. What a workout. Geez.

YAY!!!  Congratulations!  And I am in awe of your persistence. :hurray:

• Like 1

Did y'all get the email from Khan Academy which tells you how to link your student's PSAT results to Khan for a customized SAT study plan? 

Did y'all get the email from Khan Academy which tells you how to link your student's PSAT results to Khan for a customized SAT study plan? 

I didn't get a link from Khan, but there are links from the online results to Khan.

Finally got DD scores.  We are pleased.  While there is room for improvement, and dd is not likely to be a NMF, her scores are strong. The math score is higher than we expected seeing that she has not completed Algebra 1 yet (shh ... don't tell anyone.)  She will complete Algebra 1 in a couple weeks and Geometry by the end of the summer.  We will probably start Algebra 2 right after Algebra 1 and have her do it concurrently with Geometry so that she will be ready for AP Physics 1 next fall.  

• Like 1

Just a thanks to everyone who posted suggestions for getting into our kids' score reports.  We were having the same problems mentioned in this thread, and like many here, I'm not sure which suggestion did the trick, but after many frustrating failures suddenly before my wondering eyes there appeared my kid's scores.  I think one key may have been the idea of going to My Plan and updating the school info there.  I had to choose My State Home School, but hadn't chosen it before because it had a street address (not ours) associated with it, so I thought it must not be for all homeschoolers from our state.  That got me (finally) past the first annoying page, and then it said it couldn't find her scores, so we searched by student ID number (the school where she took the test had assigned her her very first student ID number!).  That also didn't work, but as suggested here I just kept logging out, logging in, and trying various options, and all of a sudden the scores were in front of me at some point.  It was kind of surreal and I have trouble reconstructing how it went, but I can add to the voices that say keep trying the ideas on this thread.  Over and over.  Sigh.

• Like 1

This is driving me batty!  Thanks to the posts here, I was able to at least get our school updated correctly, using the MY PLAN, UPDATE MY INFO, and state code working to get homeschool to come up as an option.  Unfortunately, like many but not all of you, I then get to the page that says there are no scores and to ADD YOUR SCORES.  This link takes me to the page that requires the access code.  So I've made progress, but still have NO scores.  This is crazy!!!

Thanks to all who helped me get this far!

• Like 1

I liked your post out of empathy. I too have given up. CB is of the devil and I would like to enjoy my Friday evening.

• Like 5

This is driving me batty!  Thanks to the posts here, I was able to at least get our school updated correctly, using the MY PLAN, UPDATE MY INFO, and state code working to get homeschool to come up as an option.  Unfortunately, like many but not all of you, I then get to the page that says there are no scores and to ADD YOUR SCORES.  This link takes me to the page that requires the access code.  So I've made progress, but still have NO scores.  This is crazy!!!

Thanks to all who helped me get this far!

I don't know if this will help or add to the frustration, but I got to the same place, logged out, logged back in later, and Voila!  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you; what a mess!

Nope. Still same ol' nothing!! I bet I've logged out/in 25 times since I posted last. No email. Nothing! Thanks for the good vibes though!

Edited by peepsmama

Nope. Still same ol' nothing!! I bet I've logged out/in 25 times since I posted last. No email. Nothing! Thanks for the good vibes though!

Glad I am not the lone ranger here!  I am calling again on Monday with hopes of getting better results.  Good luck to you too!

• Like 1

It puts us into a horrible loop. It says he didn't take a test, so we go to add scores to enter additional information, and then tells us he has a second account, which we have to log into.

We try recovering the username, but the only email it accepts is the one connected to the account we sign in from. I sent an email, and we have tried calling.

this is happening to us also. called college board thur lady said we'd get email with access code never came. called high school where he's part time enrolled and counselor said ds is not on her list. So ridiculous. sent emails and no response when trying to call again on friday. aaahh. 

OMG you guys are amazing. After reading through what worked is in his college board account he didn't have a high school listed. So I added the one where he's part time enrolled and took the test and scores popped up. Should have read these boards on Thur, would have saved me endless phone calls and frustration.

• Like 2

How are those who had 10th graders take the test using the info? 

to identify areas to improve for possible merit scholarships 

• Like 2

to identify areas to improve for possible merit scholarships 

^This^

Or even to determine how possible that is.

I also used them to gain entry for my oldest son into AP English and AP Physics courses for next year, and for DD to gain entry to either AP Statistics or Precalculus, possibly an AP Science IF they offer something she's interested in taking next year.  Neither have had English, Science, or math classes at the school, and if they are going to continue to go part time, they need some core courses on their days at school to balance the load.  The high ACT and PSAT scores were just what we needed.

Beyond that, we identified areas ds needs to learn, and areas dd needs to work on.  

I am trying to get my son's scores online.  I can log in to his account and see last years scores.  When  I click "add scores" it asks me for his test information or student id.  Does anyone know what to put there?  I have tried calling collegeboard but can't get through.  

We never got an email with a code or anything.  Probably because he did not put his email address on the form, but he also did not put it last year and those scores are online.

My sons did put an email address on their forms, but did not receive any emails from the CB about the PSAT, so that might not be the problem.  My boys did not have a student id since they're not at a school, so I don't think you need that. From all the people who've had trouble accessing scores, it looks like the CB site is just having a lot of problems.  It took me  two calls to the CB and multiple tries over two days for me to get my sons' score reports.

What worked for me for one son was to get his account page to finally accept our state home school code or the generic national home school code (970000).  But it wasn't until I was talking to a CB support person who could enter the code on his end that it "took." 

What worked for my other son was to set up his account (but you already have that for your son), and then log in/log out multiple times. On one attempt to log in, his score report got downloaded w/out my doing anything other than logging in.

Edited by yvonne
  • Like 1

I am trying to get my son's scores online.  I can log in to his account and see last years scores.  When  I click "add scores" it asks me for his test information or student id.  Does anyone know what to put there?  I have tried calling collegeboard but can't get through.  

We never got an email with a code or anything.  Probably because he did not put his email address on the form, but he also did not put it last year and those scores are online.

I am sorry. There are many of us here who were having the same problem. It appears that the CB is not finished scoring this year's PSAT and are releasing the results in batches. This he;ps to explain why some of us had scores magically appear more than a day after they were promised. There is a thread on college confidential - there are entire schools who have not yet received scores.

The College Board really bungled this. Let's hope the launch of the new SAT goes better than the launch of the PSAT. What a disaster..

• Like 1

Yvonne and I were posting at the same time. My son already had an account with the CB, so there was nothing that needed to be done since he was already registered as a homeschooler. When I first logged in to his account on Thursday morning, the only scores available were for 2014. At some point during the day, he had a notice on his screen that if he didn't see his most recent scores, to hit the "add scores" icon. When I did that, the screen asked for an access code that he didn't have. Late Friday afternoon, his scores appeared - no access code or student id was needed.

My guess is that there is nothing you can do on your end.

I am sorry. There are many of us here who were having the same problem. It appears that the CB is not finished scoring this year's PSAT and are releasing the results in batches. This he;ps to explain why some of us had scores magically appear more than a day after they were promised. There is a thread on college confidential - there are entire schools who have not yet received scores.

The College Board really bungled this. Let's hope the launch of the new SAT goes better than the launch of the PSAT. What a disaster..

Oh, wow.  This is great information; thanks for posting!

Okay, so DD's scores were 1230, 590 reading and 640 math.  That doesn't seem very impressive, but it says her percentiles are 92, 86, and 94th percentiles.  I don't think I'm reading that right?