Menu

PSAT scores

I wasn't sent an access code, but I created an account that was acknowledged through email. When I sign into that account and try and access scores, it tells me they have no record of him taking any tests. They give a link if that is incorrect. The link leads me to his account, where his address and school are missing. When I try and fill homeschool for the school, it won't take it. I chose another homeschool just to have something there and filled in the address. Fine. Then I refresh and go back and end up in the same hellish loop. Of course, when I call the number they give for assistance, they just say my call can't be completed now.

I guess patience is the order of the day today.

Just log in on the college board quick start screen. The 2015 PSAT scores are posted there.

It puts us into a horrible loop. It says he didn't take a test, so we go to add scores to enter additional information, and then tells us he has a second account, which we have to log into.

We try recovering the username, but the only email it accepts is the one connected to the account we sign in from. I sent an email, and we have tried calling.

I'm so sorry some of you aren't seeing the scores yet. Just in case it helps, I'll mention that when my ds logged on to his College Board account it did not show any PSAT scores, just his SAT scores from December. But when he went to that link from bctnln1059 the PSAT came right up. So if you haven't been using that link, give it a try.

It is a really informative report. As someone said you can see every question and the student's response and explanations of the answers.

• Like 2

I'm trying to help my son create an account, but it won't let us as it won't accept homeschool as our school.

I had this same problem.  Try typing Your State Home School, School Code:  <insert code>  (You can find the code in the PSAT  Supervisor's Manual.  Google "PSAT 2015 homeschool codes.  If you're still in Kentucky, it's on 991899-I have it on my computer now :)  )

Warning:  It may not seem to work at first.  Try logging off and then using the link upthread.

ETA:  I also had tried inputting the school where DD took the test; I have no idea which actually worked, but the "State Home School" stuff above is how it is listed on the report.

Edited by JoJosMom

I wasn't sent an access code, but I created an account that was acknowledged through email. When I sign into that account and try and access scores, it tells me they have no record of him taking any tests. They give a link if that is incorrect. The link leads me to his account, where his address and school are missing. When I try and fill homeschool for the school, it won't take it. I chose another homeschool just to have something there and filled in the address. Fine. Then I refresh and go back and end up in the same hellish loop. Of course, when I call the number they give for assistance, they just say my call can't be completed now.

I am having the exact same problem with my D's account.  After delaying these scores for a month now, my patience is running out with this inept organization.

• Like 2

Same issue here.  See my reply above.  You might also want to try using the school where the test was taken.  Good luck!

(BTW, we finally got in, so whatever I did worked!)

• Like 1

I tried that link earlier, and was still put into the hellish loop. I tried it just now though, and his scores popped right up.

Yay!  Same thing happened here;  I think the computer's little electronic brain is fried and it needs time to rest and think between actions!

• Like 1

See my reply above to Julie in KY. Let me know if you need your code; I have the list in front of me and will be at the computer for a bit longer. :001_smile:

How would I know if I need a code? I tried the school he took it at (look up worked). I kind of assumed that he probably put that code down, since he has a school email, and attends half time.

It's our address that seems to be causing the problems.

I can clearly see DS' scores for 2014.

When I click to get more scores I'm led to a screen where I need to input an access code.

I called the College Board.

I was told by a very sweet woman there that homeschooled students will be emailed their access codes sometime between today and Saturday.  Bummer.  Sigh.  

I really don't want to put in a different high school.

I KNOW we put the KY homeschool code on the PSAT form because the high school counselor made ME do it when we registered to take the test at the school. I felt crazy sitting in the counselor office with a bunch of high school students bubbling in a form that should be done my son.

I can clearly see DS' scores for 2014.

When I click to get more scores I'm led to a screen where I need to input an access code.

I called the College Board.

I was told by a very sweet woman there that homeschooled students will be emailed their access codes sometime between today and Saturday.  Bummer.  Sigh.  

And in other weird news, when I logged back into CB, there were the 2015 scores. :D  No email, no access code.

• Like 3

How would I know if I need a code? I tried the school he took it at (look up worked). I kind of assumed that he probably put that code down, since he has a school email, and attends half time.

It's our address that seems to be causing the problems.

Honestly, I don't know.  I just knew that DD needed a homeschool code when she took the test.  Do you know what your DS used on the form?  I tried both that and the name of the school where she took the test; I don't know which worked.  We also kept losing her home address.  I just kept editing and accepting changes.  Then I logged out, closed the window, and tried a short time later with the link provided upthread.

I'm sorry you're having a hard time.  It's incredibly frustrating.

(Outside the US code is 995599, BTW)

I'm trying to help my son create an account, but it won't let us as it won't accept homeschool as our school.

I had to call them and the guy I spoke with fixed it.  I forget what the problem was, but it was not accepting our state homeschool number at first.

Thanks to the people who persisted and posted earlier.  Logging in and out a few times got me my older son's score report.  Now . . . I think I have to wait for the younger, since he's not yet 13, so they won't let him into the site-- or has anyone else had a different experience?

And  . . . hooray Life of Fred for outstanding scores in math for a 9th grader!

• Like 2

I guess I have wasted enough time today on this.  :cursing:   Now I am getting the message on my son's account that the scores are available, but I need the access code. I tried calling the number listed, but the message said that the CB is experiencing an unusually high volume of calls and try again tomorrow.  The call was then disconnected.

What awesome customer service.

See my reply above to Julie in KY.  Let me know if you need your code; I have the list in front of me and will be at the computer for a bit longer. :001_smile:

Thank you!  The first 2 times I tried, it would not accept our code, but it finally did. Now, my ds has an account.......and it says he hasn't taken the PSAT. <sigh>  I'll try again later.

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone for the headsup!

Managed to get logged in to get DD13s report.  Now I cannot log out due to high server activity, so I cannot get DS16s report.  :tongue_smilie:

I'm not sure how to go about getting the report for DS13, who does not yet have an account.  Perhaps we need to wait for snail mail.

• Like 1

I thought scores were emailed if the student does not have a CB account, but my sons haven't received anything.

I'm going to try to create accounts for them now, using the email addresses they provided on the PSAT form.  Has anyone else created a new account and been able to access their student's score that way?

I am so glad we did a practice run of the PSAT this year. Sure hope we get all wrinkles ironed out this time around.

I thought scores were emailed if the student does not have a CB account, but my sons haven't received anything.

I'm going to try to create accounts for them now, using the email addresses they provided on the PSAT form.  Has anyone else created a new account and been able to access their student's score that way?

ETA: HELP!  On the Create a Student Account page, it asks "Where do you go to school?"    Do I use my state homeschool code that my students' filled in on the PSAT form?

Edited by yvonne

ETA: HELP!  On the Create a Student Account page, it asks "Where do you go to school?"    Do I use my state homeschool code that my students' filled in on the PSAT form?

I just created an account for my son this morning and was able to access his score, after logging out and logging back in. Yes, you use the homeschool code that your sons used for the exam.

• Like 1

Thank you, Kim!!!

ETA:  Ok, I managed to create an account for one son. When I go to his "Home" page, there's a button for scores on the blue banner near the top. ("Home....   Practice....   Register...  Scores ... About the Tests")

For those of you who can see your student's PSAT score, do you just click on that "Scores" button? When I click on it, it takes me to a generic "Getting your scores online page" w/ info about the SAT.

Edited by yvonne

Thanks for all the help. I had the same problem not being able to access scores, but then I used the link provided here and it worked.

I'm very happy with my 10th grade dd's scores, especially the reading/writing. She just came out of a year of geometry and I expect her math scores will be better next year. My hopes for her are a substantial scholarship at a private mid-level school and she's on a very good trajectory for that.

I guess I have wasted enough time today on this.  :cursing:   Now I am getting the message on my son's account that the scores are available, but I need the access code. I tried calling the number listed, but the message said that the CB is experiencing an unusually high volume of calls and try again tomorrow.  The call was then disconnected.

What awesome customer service.

I stalled at the same place.  Give it a bit and try logging in at the link provided on page 1 of this thread.  Good luck!

Can anyone give me a rundown or share a link that explains how these are supposed to compare to the old test?

Dd's school has been given it since she was in 8th grade, so this was her third time in 10th. I knew her scored would go up due to having more math under her belt but it seems to have jumped a great deal and that's with no prep. Is the new test considered to be much easier? 

FYI - For anyone having the same problem as I did creating an account:

I would try to put in the KY homeschool code and CB kept not recognizing it as a school. I started over more than once and eventually when I put in the same code it popped up Kentucky Home School.

... now if just says he has no scores. Hoping they show up eventually.