Menu

Suggestions for Hymns (cc)

Mama Geek

I am looking for some artists that sing traditional hymns, there are lots of hymns on youtube with churches singing and an organ playing.  I would rather have something different than that.  I am protestant if that matters...I have really enjoyed Collin Raye's Gospel CD His Love Remains and I know that he is Catholic.

I have really enjoyed Koine - they have contemporary arrangements of traditional hymns that are very well done.  We have all their CDs, listen to them daily, and the kids and I have learned a lot of hymns that way :).  (They have kept most of the melodies the same, so that we have no trouble singing hymns we learned through Koine out of the hymnal at church.)

• Like 1

James Ward has a great version of Rock of Ages.

Our hymnal has both his and the original tune.

Many chapters of our denomination's college ministry, Reformed University Fellowship, have produced excellent cds, many of which are largely hymns to new tunes. Some are rock music and others more acoustic. Most are on iTunes.

I love Sovereign Grace's version of O the Deep, Deep Love of Jesus!

I love the hymn Before the Throne of God Above. Several people have recorded it, not sure who wrote it. Stuart Townend, maybe?

• Like 1