Menu

Dad chases Nude boy out of dd's room with pipe

"DELTONA, Fla. - An angry Deltona father whacked his teenage daughter's boyfriend with a metal pipe after finding the boy naked in his daughter's room. Authorities say the father, 45, didn't even know his daughter had a boyfriend or that the youngster had been sneaking into the home for more than a year.

When he heard noises coming from his daughter's bedroom Thursday morning and saw a stranger standing naked on the girl's bed, he swung a metal pipe. He then chased the teen out the front door and called police.

The boy was taken to the hospital where doctors closed a head wound with staples.

The father was charged with aggravated battery on a child and bonded out on $10,000."

He was charged even though the boy was trespassing in his house and he was defending his daughter (even if she didn't think she needed defending)? I think he should have chased his daughter out of there with a pipe too! (Just joking - sort of).:001_huh:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read this earlier and I was extremely surprised that they charged him and I would be SO PISSED at my daughter. Really, the kid is so lucky all he did was hit him and chase him out of the house because I don't think the strange, naked boy standing on my daughter's bed would be able to run out of the house...

Am I missing something????

Was this rape, unwelcome, uninvited?

My read of it was this was welcome and encouraged by a member of the household; ergo he's not trespassing.

When the out of control Dad chased the young man, did the Dad know his dd was willingly involved?

IMO, the Dad was clearly, totally and legally out of control and needs to be charged and sent to counselling.

h

My read of it was this was welcome and encouraged by a member of the household; ergo he's not trespassing.

When the out of control Dad chased the young man, did the Dad know his dd was willingly involved?

IMO, the Dad was clearly, totally and legally out of control and needs to be charged and sent to counselling.

Oh for Pete's sake, if I walk into my dds room, and see a naked person standing on her bed I'm attacking first and thinking later. Sorry. My dds well being is more important than worrying about some punk's skull condition.

What're you gonna do? Stand around and discuss birth control with a couple of naked kids?

The kid got off easy. If I saw I nekkid boy in my dds room, I'd shoot. I can't believe you'd be charged with murder in that type situation. .

So would my dad, back then.

He wears a t-shirt that reads, "Guns don't kill people. Dads with pretty daughters kill people."

Me? I'm glad my sons realize that there are a lot of dads like him. They know they'd best keep all their parts to themselves.

Oh for Pete's sake, if I walk into my dds room, and see a naked person standing on her bed I'm attacking first and thinking later. Sorry. My dds well being is more important than worrying about some punk's skull condition.

What're you gonna do? Stand around and discuss birth control with a couple of naked kids?

Attack first? Um, no.

I'm going to determine if he was welcome, invited and my dd was a willing participant. Then I am going to call and involve his parents.

I'm going to work on the issues behind my dd's choice to be intimate too young.

And, finally, I'm going to question my own parenting that this could have been happening for so long without me knowing and make needed changes.

I know you last paragraph was snarky, but I'm serious about my reaction to this thread. I find it disturbing.

Wow, I can't believe they charged him. For all he knew, his dd was getting raped. I bet he still thinks it's money well spent ; )

This is exactly what I thought. If I saw a guy I didn't know, naked, standing on dd's bed, he would end up a lot worse off that a metal pipe to the head. I cannot believe that they charged him!

Unless the dd involved is paying rent for her room then she has no say-so about who is allowed in her room. So, yes legally the boy was trespassing.

And not only trespassing, but trespassing possibly to commit statutory rape.

Counselling? Why would any father, or mother, need counselling for doing what that father did? We seem to have a fetish about counselling in this country. What would you counsel him on? Letting some kid climb into his daughter's bed and not looking the other way?

When we as a nation start to question the natural reaction of a father in a situation such as this we have problems. While some may, for whatever reason, oppose his actions they are the normal reactions of a loving father and at worst (provided the kid is not dead) he should be given a warning.

I suspect that nowhere in FL will you find a jury of 12 who will convict. This is one of the best arguments for "jury nullification" I have seen recently.

Attack first? Um, no.

I'm going to determine if he was welcome, invited and my dd was a willing participant. Then I am going to call and involve his parents.

And, finally, I'm going to question my own parenting that this could have been happening for so long without me knowing and make needed changes.

I know you last paragraph was snarky, but I'm serious about my reaction to this thread. I find it disturbing.

I guess I just don't picture myself being so....calm...in such a situation.

Okay, let's pretend that I can take back the rep I gave you a couple of minutes ago and give you rep for THIS post instead!!!

I am seriously cracking up over here!! I can so picture you chasing some poor nekkid teen boy out your house. You probably would not even let him grab his clothes on the way out!!

Attack first? Um, no.

You have the luxury of "high road" speculation. It wasn't your daughter or your home. The truth is we don't have the exact details, and even if we did we could never know for sure how we'd react unless placed in that situation.

Honestly, if I found a naked boy that I did not know naked on dd's bed I would not stop to ask who he was and what he was doing there. I would assume that dd was in danger. I would act to protect her first and ask questions later. I'm sorry, but there are way too many stories of some freak breaking in and raping a girl, that that would be my initial reaction. I mean, it's not as if the dd ever invited the boy over to meet her parents even though they had apparently been involved for a year. The dad didn't even know that she had a boyfriend. Why would he think that the naked kid was invited and welcome?

The dad didn't know. He was defending his home and his daughter.

If I found a naked intruder in my house, I don't think I'd stop to ask questions before acting.

My dh's response: After I got out of jail, I'd go to his house and hit him again. :lol:

Attack first? Um, no.

If there is a stranger in your home, and you don't attack first, it could be your life or that of your family member.

When I heard "someone" in our house I pulled out a SWORD (it was the only thing nearby) and ran out there. Thankfully it was just a racoon :D but I would not have hesitated to use it to protect my kids, if needed.

You have the luxury of "high road" speculation. It wasn't your daughter or your home. The truth is we don't have the exact details, and even if we did we could never know for sure how we'd react unless placed in that situation.

No, really. I know that my first reaction would not be to attack in that situation.

I'm stunned by this thread.

Counselling? Why would any father, or mother, need counselling for doing what that father did? We seem to have a fetish about counselling in this country. What would you counsel him on? Letting some kid climb into his daughter's bed and not looking the other way?

When we as a nation start to question the natural reaction of a father in a situation such as this we have problems. While some may, for whatever reason, oppose his actions they are the normal reactions of a loving father and at worst (provided the kid is not dead) he should be given a warning.

I suspsect that nowhere in FL will you find a jury of 12 who will convict. This is one of the best arguments for "jury nullification" I have seen recently.

:iagree:

I'm not sure if the kid would have walked out of our house on his own. If I would catch a naked kid on my dd's bed, I would not take any chances with how/why he got there. For all I know, he could have a weapon and my dd's life could be at stake if I did not act on the situation. I would feel far worse about my dd being hurt or killed by an intruder because I failed to act than me causing harm to someone who was in my house in that situation.

I wish I lived in FL and could be on that jury, but since I don't, where do I contribute to his bond fund?

No, really. I know that my first reaction would not be to attack in that situation.

I'm stunned by how sure you are.

For your family's sake, I hope that no menacing stranger ever enters your home. I doubt they would stand around and answer your line of questions.

Joanne,

What is stunning? This is the natural reaction of most parents, as we are seeing by the overwhelming number of posts that support the father.

A man's family is his most precious possession (not in the ownership sense of the word but in the sense of "my family"), that he would leap to the defense of any member should be the norm.

With all due respect, I find it stunning that he was charged, and stunning that anyone would not have complete sympathy for the father.

The whole thing just makes me so mad. If someone (a stranger) is in your house, without your permission they run the risk of being shot or beaten with a pipe.

But it turns out this person wasn't uninvited.

It turns out this young man was involved in mutual activities with the young woman.

For *me*, in THAT circumstance, I would not immediately assume rape, trespassing or unsolicited. Teen age/young adult sex is much more common.

I live in Texas, am a conservative on the issue of guns and we have them. I'm married to an ex cop.

You guys are defending this Dad yet you don't say a word about why he didn't know for so long?

g

I'm stunned by how sure you are.

For your family's sake, I hope that no menacing stranger ever enters your home. I doubt they would stand around and answer your line of questions.

I couldn't even imagine that scenario! "Excuse me sir...."

Quite honestly even if I DID know my daughter had a boyfriend and I had met him, I'd probably chase him out with a heavy object

Pardon me? My family is as safe as any average, adequate parents.

I'd shoot to kill an intruder.

Under the circumstances, and also based on the reaction I'm sure would IMMEDIATELY come from my dd if I attacked, I'd know this was not an "intruder",

It turns out this young man was involved in mutual activities with the young woman.

For *me*, in THAT circumstance, I would not immediately assume rape, trespassing or unsolicited. Teen age/young adult sex is much more common.

I live in Texas, am a conservative on the issue of guns and we have them. I'm married to an ex cop.

You guys are defending this Dad yet you don't say a word about why he didn't know for so long?

g

I think it's terrible and he needs to seriously correct his relationship with his daughter/family... however, just because Daddy's blind to the events doesn't make them okay or give him clairvoyance as he walked in on the situation.

g

Fine, he should have known, but as he did not that still does not invalidate the natural reaction of any father.

Well......I'd much rather that my SECOND reaction was regret over something I had done rather than regret that I had done nothing. Especially if it turned out to be a rape situation. And quite frankly, I doubt I would regret doing something.

But the dad didn't know that. He saw a naked intruder and reacted to ensure his family's safety. What if it had turned out he was armed and intended to rape the dd? What if the dad had hesitated and his hesitation cost him or his family members their lives?

g

Turns out. What if your "Turns Out" was wrong? What if Dad didn't react like he had and it was an intruder? I think the guy is lucky that the Dad didn't have a gun.

It's sad that the Dad didn't know. The dd is obviously good at sneaking around. Who knows why the Dad didn't know. Maybe he works long hours to provide. He obviously wants to protect his daughter, and I wouldn't assume that he's completely unplugged from the relationship.

g

If you had not met the person before, and did not know your daughter had a boyfriend how could you NOT assume those things?

He may not win any parenting of the year awards for not knowing (although even the best of parents can't know everything about their kids - they can be sneaky), but that is irrelevant in this situation. He saw someone he didn't know, in the middle of the night, and acted on it.

I think it's terrible and he needs to seriously correct his relationship with his daughter/family... however, just because Daddy's blind to the events doesn't make them okay or give him clairvoyance as he walked in on the situation.

But you know, one can have what they think is a close relationship and the teen can still be sneaking around. If she is sneaking the boyfriend in the window after Dad is asleep then Dad can't really be faulted for not knowing. To be really sure one would need surveillance equipment!! Teens will sneak around the backs of good parents, they have been doing since the beginning of time.

So, I think teen girl is to blame in this situation. Shame on her for her dishonesty which has caused this young man great physical injury and caused her dad to face charges.

But you know, one can have what they think is a close relationship and the teen can still be sneaking around.

So true. My dad still doesn't know many of the things I did (at home or away) when I was a teen. Unfortunatly, I don't think it's uncommon.

But you know, one can have what they think is a close relationship and the teen can still be sneaking around. If she is sneaking the boyfriend in the window after Dad is asleep then Dad can't really be faulted for not knowing. To be really sure one would need surveillance equipment!! Teens will sneak around the backs of good parents, they have been doing since the beginning of time.

So, I think teen girl is to blame in this situation. Shame on her for her dishonesty which has caused this young man great physical injury and caused her dad to face charges.

I agree wholeheartedly, it may be daddy and/or daughter. I didn't mean to imply that I believe that the rethinking was solely because of his error, but obviously communication has been compromised and as the parent, he needs to find out how/why.

Yes, shame on her.