Menu

Fall television lineup

3girls4me

Hey ladies!

We are trying to find a new show or two to watch when they start up soon. Is anyone excited about anything in particular? It could be brand new or maybe a season or two old if we could quickly catch up. We found Bloodlines on Netflix recently and are loving it. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Poppy

Listening, this summer has been such a dud for TV, we are really ready for fall TV! I looked up Amazing Race, Survivor, and OUAT and all those start end of September. Elementary and I *think* Person of Interest don't start until November. :/ Hoping there is more out there that interests us!

Not fall.. but  Mr. Robot looks promising...esp. if you have computer geeks in the family.   Dh and I watched the first episode and he was pleasantly surprised that they seemed to know what they were talking about.   Anyway, it's all conspiracy theory stuff...but looks promising.

For the fall I'm looking forward to another season of Longmire.  It moved over to Netflix and I'm hoping it does well.  Last season was a bit too melodramatic for my taste, so I'm hoping it goes back to the better writing it had in season 1 &2.

• Like 1

Not fall.. but Mr. Robot looks promising...esp. if you have computer geeks in the family. Dh and I watched the first episode and he was pleasantly surprised that they seemed to know what they were talking about. Anyway, it's all conspiracy theory stuff...but looks promising.

For the fall I'm looking forward to another season of Longmire. It moved over to Netflix and I'm hoping it does well. Last season was a bit too melodramatic for my taste, so I'm hoping it goes back to the better writing it had in season 1 &2.

I only made it through the first episode of Mr. Robot. It turned too weird for me quickly. I had high hopes for it because the previews looked pretty good.

• Like 1

Some new shows I'll give a chance:

-Lucifer - because of Neil Gaman, and because I want to see Tom Ellis in such a different role from that of Gary in Miranda.

-Minority Report - Trailers make me think it's probably not very good, but I liked the movie so I'll see.

-Grinder - Because Rob Lowe has good comedic timing, and is especially good when his character is cluelessly arrogant.

Not new but we're waiting for the return of:

-Castle - It will probably be (and should be) the final season. I hope they end it well. It's had ups and downs and I would like to see it end on a positive note.

-Grimm

-The Blacklist

-Agent Carter

-The Walking Dead

We don't have satellite or cable so we watch mostly streaming tv. We watch all but The Walking Dead through a digital antenna or on Hulu if we can't watch when it's broadcast. We buy TWD from Amazon.

Having to watch through streaming sites has helped us find shows we probably wouldn't know about if we had hundreds of channels to choose from. We've enjoyed discovering new-to-us shows on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon and AcornTV.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Heroes Reborn.  They really ruined the first Heroes, so I'm hoping they learned from their mistakes, and that's why the reboot.

I'm going to wait until I hear what others are saying about it. I don't want to be disappointed a second time. That series started out so strong, and they just completely ruined it. I'd love to see them fix it.

We watched a few Mr. Robot eps.

Interested in Heroes but not sure if that will be on hulu. I need to catch up on the old series.

I also follow Switched at Birth.

We follow switched at birth, and Mr robot. My family loves heros, I just can't get into it.

Oh, PLEASE let the Heroes reboot be worth watching! We watch nothing (truly, no shows at all) and we loved that show until it, you know, started to stink. :(

I did not know there was a reboot coming.

As I understand it this is not a reboot but a continuation, just set in the future a bit and adding new characters.

• Like 1

Great Topic!

I"m looking forward to Supergirl, Heroes, Agents of Shield, and I'm hoping Agent Carter will be good.  I won't have time to watch them all, but I will watch them when I can.  

It's not a TV series but my family is looking forward to the upcoming Star Wars movie!  I bet it will be EPIC!! (as my 10 yr old ds would say) :lurk5:

:patriot:

No idea about new shows but looking forward to new seasons of Supernatural, Hawaii Five 0, Criminal Minds, Arrow, Flash, Daredevil (on Netflix), Once Upon a Time, and Agents of Shield.

Still catching up on Netflix with Bones, but off the top of my head, shows we've loved were Burn Notice, Leverage, Chuck, CSI Miami (though we don't like the New York one, oddly enough), Raising Hope (to be fair, that's my girls pick, not really mine), Tanked, Iron Chef America (which is even more fun now that the Chairman and Chef Morimoto have both been on Hawaii Five 0), Xena Warrior Princess, BTVS, Merlin, BBC Robin Hood.

Okay. I'm not nuts! I'd heard Heroes was great so watched it. Loved it then hated it and was so confused at why everyone loved it. Now I know I'm not the only one!

We loved the first season.  Probably the best TV we've ever seen.  Then the second season came along.  It was good, but it wasn't as great as the first one.  We were hopeful for season three.  I think we watched that halfway before we looked at each other and agreed that they had lost us with some truly bizarre storylines.  We stopped recording and watching and have heard that we never missed anything.

The characters from the original one that they've for sure mentioned returning are Horned Rimmed Glasses Guy, Mohinder, Matt Parkman and Hiro. Oh, and The Haitian!  It's set in the future sometime with a whole new cast of characters discovering their powers and abilities.  Hopefully they can avoid the apocalyptic and pandemic storylines this time.   :glare:

• Like 3

We have been loving Mr Robot, I have seen all the episodes so far. I like dark shows though.

For something fun I've been watching Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries, an Austrailian show about a lady detective in 1929. It is on Netflix and I think some PBS channels. I believe the third season aired in the late spring so it should be showing up here in the fall sometime. It didn't look like something I would be interested in but we were visiting my mom and she was watching it.

I mostly stream shows so I don't keep up as much with what is coming out but I am getting some good ideas from this thread on what shows to try.

I've been surprised by the quality of some original series from Netflix and Hulu!  Daredevil is realllly good.  Looking forward to trying Sense8. On Hulu we just started watching Quickdraw (odd/funny...hard to describe! It's a western-comedy with a lot of *improvisation* that ends up being hilarious) and The Wrong Mans.

• Like 1

I've been surprised by the quality of some original series from Netflix and Hulu!  Daredevil is realllly good.  Looking forward to trying Sense8. On Hulu we just started watching Quickdraw (odd/funny...hard to describe! It's a western-comedy with a lot of *improvisation* that ends up being hilarious) and The Wrong Mans.

Quickdraw is totally silly but fun. We've been enjoying it.

The Netflix originals I liked are Orange is the New Black (just me) and House of Cards (dh and me). I tried Grace and Frankie (I think that's the name of it) but couldn't get into it. It seemed they writers were trying too hard to write hip old people characters. I haven't watched any Amazon originals or other Hulu originals.

Speaking of Netflix originals...I really liked Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Anyone know if they are planning on a season 2?

Quoting myself here :D

I decided to use my amazing google skills and found that this show is supposed to be back on Netflix in the spring.

I enjoy lighter shows. I need to look for some new ones to watch.

• Like 1