Menu

Can I ask for your prayers?

Thank you all for your prayers. Papa went to be with the Lord this morning, shortly before he was supposed to be moved to hospice. He did not want to go there as he wanted to go home instead. He got his wish. Dh is coping well for now. He is being a great support to his brother who is the oldest and is in charge and to his sister who is dealing with guilt over being estranged from us for the last several years. She has been a great help this last month. Papa's girlfriend is really struggling. She was not ready to let go and up to the end was trying to convince Papa to have more treatments. Dh had to be rather emphatic with her about Papa's wishes. I'm sure Dh will allow himself to feel when we get home. This is the man who came over every week to watch the kids so that I could go to Bible study at church. He has always been a quiet support in my life. He was a good dad and grandpa.

There has been some news with my 19 yo. We talked with the dean at the college and it was a very hopeful talk. K's scholarship is safe. Also, the D in calc will not affect progress in their major. The dean outlined the support services available... Mental health services and academic services. They were more than supportive. We still have tons of work to do. But we are feeling hopeful.

Lanny, no progress on the laptop as we have been busy. I got a system restore disk and backed up my data, but was not able to get my outlook data nor product keys. The laptop died yesterday. I will probably buy a new one as the cost to repair will be about 2/3 the cost of a new one. I could probably replace a hard drive, but the rest is more than I can handle right now. I may try later, but I need a working laptop now. Thanks for your helpful suggestions.

• Like 4

Ellen, I've been thinking about your family. I'm so sorry for Papa's passing and the pain that loss causes your family and his girlfriend. That's good news about K's scholarship!