• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

At about 1am I woke thinking one of my Little Ones was coming in the room. Then it sounded like they were unwrapping a cough drop. Then it sounded like they were wandering around the room. And then I realized the hamster was crawling around under my bed. Fortunately she was easily caught with treats in the exercise ball.

I am almost done cooking. The roast (for French dip sandwiches) will have to cook several more hours, but I am done with the shepherd's pie filling and slow cooker pasta cheese/veggie/meat layers.

• Like 8

Time to ketchup.

I read a few of the HP books and I think one or two? of the movies.  The fact that I can't remember probably confirms that I am a Muggle.

I went to church.  The giant still sleeps.

I did a newsletter for homeschoolers, which I named "Ketchup." You know, so they could read it and ketchup on what was going on. :-) After several years I passed it on to someone else who renamed it "Honeycomb." Because...um...a scripture about words and honey...I could never bring myself to refer to it that way except under duress, even 10 years later when it came back to me. I didn't change the name, because the name of the newsletter is the name of the newsletter, regardless of who the editor is, but I always twitched when I said it, lol.

Here's a handy chart for defining who's who:

Purebloods%20etc.jpg

• Like 7

Two big wins in our opening day Lacrosse tournament!

Lost one, very rough game, in the middle when the officials let our boys get mauled by a team that had no respect for the rules of the game. I got my very first penalty as coach, when after my third player when down due to bad play, I got loud asking for the rules to be enforced. I was steamed. Protecting my players is job one. Two. And three.

Other than that, a very fine day :D

Bill

• Like 11

I am craving cilantro lime rice. I think I am going to make some for supper to go with our chicken soft tacos. What is everyone else having for dinner?

I am going to make some beerocks. I haven't made those in a while. I don't think the kids will like them because they have cabbage in them. I love beerocks. Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

Not sure about dinner yet, but so far everything smells like the air intake hose we took out of the new-to-me car because it burnt out and now needs to be ordered to replace. It's an easy fix. Hopefully, it is the cause of the problem the car has been having.

Fred the Baker in Dunkin Donuts commercials.  I grew up with them, so I get the reference.  But I'm only 39.  :D  It was an 80's thing, no?

That's why I didn't get it. We never had a Dunkin Donuts around us for a long time. There's only recently been one built in my current area and two built near my hometown (though one is in a grocery store) just within the last 5 years. 

Definitely was not a Southern thing. Even Krispy Kreme wasn't the norm until about 7 years ago for us. 

• Like 2

Lost one, very rough game, in the middle when the officials let our boys get mauled by a team that had no respect for the rules of the game. I got my very first penalty as coach, when after my third player when down due to bad play, I got loud asking for the rules to be enforced. I was steamed. Protecting my players is job one. Two. And three.

Bill

Bill feels my pain, only mine is due to bad officials in bball.  Dh is the coach and has received several technicals through the years, some deserved and some not, when he dealt with the refs.  Now, his assistant coach is assigned to deal with the refs. :D

I do not abide by dangerous and dirty play.  If that is your game, you suck.  Our guys come to play basketball, not hockey.

• Like 8

I am between a pureblood and half-blood. I have read all the books more than once and have seen almost all the movies. OK, dd is saying I HAVE seen the last movies - I don't remember, though. I let my kids start reading the series when they have finished 3rd grade, and they are allowed to read only one book per year. Cause I'm ornery like that. (Hey - I had to wait sometimes 2 YEARS for the next book to come out, so suck it up, buttercup!)

We are having pizza for dinner. Take and Bake from Sam's Club. Mmmmmm...smells good.

I hate kids trying to play a game honorably only to be beaten by thugs. That stinks.

• Like 4

I am Muggle-born. I was waiting until DS could read the books to get them, but his interest ended long ago (he's seen all the movies). Thus, I feel like "that ship has sailed."

We'll see. Maybe he'll want to read the books someday. Maybe.

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 1

I am a Pureblood. I read all the books as they arrived, happily analyzed them for character and plot, watched every movie and just finished reading the entire series aloud to the boys. I don't hate on Muggle-borns, but do feel that to have the HP experience, they really ought to read the books.

So that might make me a little bit of a Deatheater. :laugh:  Since I inevitably get sorted into Slytherin, that is not entirely surprising.

• Like 1

I don't know what my deal has been today.
I woke up feeling great, then scarfed breakfast in the car on the way to church (it's 45-50 minutes away). Not sure if I got really car sick or what, but I got really nauseated and dizzy. Even walking into the building made me sick. I stayed slightly queasy through services. 
We went to eat after church and I was fine. The food settled well; but once we headed home, I just had waves of nausea again. I slept for about an hour, but I'm still feeling slightly sick. 
I'm considering sending dh to the store to get some Dramamine. 

Edited by Southern Ivy

I've used Benedryl in similar situations. Dramamine has a stronger central acting anti-emetic effect. But typically my nausea comes from a brush with gluten, in which case Benedryl is my friend.

• Like 1

I woke up feeling great, then scarfed breakfast in the car on the way to church (it's 45-50 minutes away). Not sure if I got really car sick or what, but I got really nauseated and dizzy. Even walking into the building made me sick. I stayed slightly queasy through services. 

We went to eat after church and I was fine. The food settled well; but once we headed home, I just had waves of nausea again. I slept for about an hour, but I'm still feeling slightly sick. 

Pregnant!

• Like 7

I am Muggle-born.  I was waiting until DS could read the books to get them, but his interest ended long ago (he's seen all the movies).  Thus, I feel like "that ship has passed."

We'll see.  Maybe he'll want to read the books someday.  Maybe.

Why don't you read the books yourself?

Bill

Yay for the Lacrosse team!  And Yay for Coach Spy Car Bill!!  :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:   That is a worthy penalty, for sure. 

• Like 2

Yay, another ITT baby!

ETA: Lynn beat me to it.

Edited by Renai
  • Like 5

I'm on Mirena. The likelihood is almost nil. (Yes, I know that means it could very well still happen, but I really don't think it is that.)

Watch me eat my words later. HAHAHA

I had a Mirena. It caused pms and mood swings that I'd never had before. I took it out after 9 months.

IUDs are not 100% anyway. And we need another ITT baby. Apparently, one isn't coming forth from me any time soon, so it might as well be you. :D

• Like 4

I had a Mirena. It caused pms and mood swings that I'd never had before. I took it out after 9 months.

IUDs are not 100% anyway. And we need another ITT baby. Apparently, one isn't coming forth from me any time soon, so it might as well be you. :D

This has been the only thing I've been able to use. Everything else I've tried has turned me into a raging lunatic. This has been the best thing for me. I could have been because I got it right after dd was born, so my hormones were already out of whack? 

HA - well, we were going to start trying around September anyway. So, there would be a baby "soon". Having a baby now, in this town, would be so hard. This is part of why we are working so hard to pay off my student loans. Child care is almost impossible to find. We lucked into dd's last babysitter, but she has since retired. 

• Like 4

This has been the only thing I've been able to use. Everything else I've tried has turned me into a raging lunatic. This has been the best thing for me. I could have been because I got it right after dd was born, so my hormones were already out of whack? 

HA - well, we were going to start trying around September anyway. So, there would be a baby "soon". Having a baby now, in this town, would be so hard. This is part of why we are working so hard to pay off my student loans. Child care is almost impossible to find. We lucked into dd's last babysitter, but she has since retired. 

Yes, the underlined is exactly what describes me on Mirena. It was the first and last bc I ever tried besides condoms.

So, we'll get another ITT baby anyway! We'll probably still be around then...

• Like 4

Yes, the underlined is exactly what describes me on Mirena. It was the first and last bc I ever tried besides condoms.

So, we'll get another ITT baby anyway! We'll probably still be around then...

We tried the "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" book method. We got pregnant 3 months after we got married. We had planned on it being 3 years. 

We weren't as aware as we should have been.   :lol:

ETA: And yes, another ITT baby is in the plans. We would just prefer to have new baby when I can stay home. 

Edited by Southern Ivy
  • Like 5