• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Can you tell my principal? We're supposed to go back on Monday. :(

Gymnast wasn't that bad off (short ER visit, and no sticks), but I don't think either of us will be ready on Monday either. But, I know I can't start the new year with a sub...

:grouphug:  

Since we live in the frozen tundra, each of my horses requires a 16 gallon heated water tub in his or her stall. Miss Scarlet backwashes heavily into hers. Horsey-hay backwash + heated water = hay infusion. Which means that I dump and scrub the blasted thing at least every other day.

I console myself by telling everyone that my horsey is a science genius.

It's the little things that keep me going.

Perhaps you could bottle it and sell it. A little extra income is always nice!
  • Like 1

Nooooo! Although, I must say, I haven't seen that guide in a while. I'm pretty sure that dd16 doesn't have it though, as she's not that studious. Oh, I got another idea where it might be. Brb...

Could she be hiding it? Did you leave it at work? On the floor of he backseat of the car that isn't running? Fell behind the fridge? Under your mattress? In the laundry basket?

• Like 2

I have an English degree, so I like creating my own literature programs. However, teaching writing has come especially hard for me. I never had to be taught to write -- I just did it -- so, it has been hard for me to teach this skill to the dc.

Ds15 is really benefitting from WWS, but I think that some of the girls may benefit from a different approach (if the budget can support it).

And, Figuratively Speaking is on my bookshelf. I just have to figure out a time to use it. :)

edited: because I am an English teacher and I proofread my own work (after I "publish" it)

I proofread after publishing, too. The proof is in the pudding. I meant to say that the program does not have literature. I edited my OP.

I was never taught to write, either. It came naturally to me. I was originally an English major, and then I changed it. I did end up with an English minor. I really don't enjoy coming up with my own programs from scratch, but I don't mind tweaking someone elses's.

WWS worked just fine for one son, but it was a slog for him. I am teaching the class partially because it is a way to keep me and the boys accountable. I do enjoy teaching. It just takes a lot of effort.

• Like 1

How did you find that? Thanks!

YES!

Attention, folks with middle school students!

Use this program sometime in middle school.  Just trust me on this.

http://iew.com/shop/products/elegant-essay-teacherstudent-combo

I was already planning on it because I'm a spaz.

Chew-ee

What's the history behind this?

Slash hid it.  You know how she is sometimes. :001_rolleyes:

Dude!?

• Like 3

Boo hoo

Never mind the boohoo...

Booyah to ring in the New Year... May it be filled with...

Elephant ninjas ready to fight

Wookies

Healthy kids

Well-behaved in-laws

And bosses

Good sleep

Hula dancing

Prosperity

Good skin

Nice neighbors

And all of the good things:-)

NO H!

The Y is closed.  I have to get 5100 more steps in.  I am going to walk in the house.  I will come back and post after I've walked ten house laps (which are not that big!)

Clean.

Stopit stopit stopit STOPIT!!

Enough with the education and ear mites already! You are ruining my Fantasyland.

I like it.

• Like 1

Could she be hiding it? Did you leave it at work? On the floor of he backseat of the car that isn't running? Fell behind the fridge? Under your mattress? In the laundry basket?

Do you lose things often? It seems you're speaking from experience.

Jk

• Like 1