Menu

Ignore this thread!

Morning.  Happy Saturday.

I basically slept in 4 hour blocks of time, then the Dayquil wore off.   Dayquil helps me sleep, Nyquil keeps me awake, because I'm weird like that.

I still have a stuffy/clogged head feeling but that's it.   

Today I have to run by work to leave a check for my cleaning person and do some organizing in my room to get ready for the week.   Not having to clean myself and having classes planned is AMAZING.    

• Like 5

Good morning!

It's Saturday!  The Three Youngers went to a volunteer day at the local food/clothing bank and I just finished cleaning out my sewing basket, which has been stuffed full of random things.  I was mainly cleaning it out in hopes of finding an elastic clip thing that I thought was in there and was happy to find so now I can clip down the comforter on my bed.

Does anyone here play bridge?

Coffee!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/21/2022 at 6:34 AM, Susan in TN said:

FOR TODAY

*Drink your coffee

*Stay focused and positive 

*Don’t freak out 

*Remember, stabbing people is wrong!

*Are you wearing pantz?

JJM 8/2019

Dang, I'm good.

On 9/21/2022 at 9:51 AM, Slache said:

I did.

No, thank you.

But...

That kinda depends.

Nope.

🤨 Don't be naughty, Slash.

On 9/21/2022 at 10:26 AM, Jean in Newcastle said:

Don't argue with JJM.  She has a bazooka. 

Truth.

On 9/21/2022 at 10:30 AM, Junie said:

And duct tape.

More truth.

On 9/21/2022 at 10:33 AM, Slache said:

And a flame thrower.

But she is over 1,000 miles away from me.

A little truth and again with the naughty.🤨

On 9/21/2022 at 3:16 PM, KrissiK said:

Did that.

Yes.

Did a little when I was having technical difficulties.

Oh, all right.

Yes.

See? Krissi knows how it's done.

11 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Jeannie needs a bazooka.

Duh. It's the All-Season, Mandatory, Go-To Accessory.

(🤭)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Saturday!!

I slept like the dead last night. It’s after 8:00am PDT and I am just getting up and quite groggy. Don’t know what’s up with that.

Housework and AFSA today. My brother and his wife are in town so they and my mom are coming over for dinner tonight.

• Like 3

Happy Saturday!!

DH and I washed both cars, and then we washed the very dirty driveway for good measure. Trees are beautiful and amazing, and I wouldn't trade them for anything, but they sure are messy!

I wrote yesterday instead of sending my parent emails, so I need to do that this afternoon. The writing forum kids (including DS17!) are beside themselves with joy that this gathering is going to happen and that they're finally going to get to meet their friends in person, so it's worth all the time to plan it. The biggest stuff (reserving the pavilions and the lodge rooms) is done.

Now I just have to figure out how to plan a cookout for 200 people! 🙃

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, caayenne said:

Happy Saturday!!

DH and I washed both cars, and then we washed the very dirty driveway for good measure. Trees are beautiful and amazing, and I wouldn't trade them for anything, but they sure are messy!

I wrote yesterday instead of sending my parent emails, so I need to do that this afternoon. The writing forum kids (including DS17!) are beside themselves with joy that this gathering is going to happen and that they're finally going to get to meet their friends in person, so it's worth all the time to plan it. The biggest stuff (reserving the pavilions and the lodge rooms) is done.

Now I just have to figure out how to plan a cookout for 200 people! 🙃

I still don't have pants on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If I had to plan a cookout for 200 people I would do burgers, hot dogs and bratwurst with a vegan option, probably quinoa salad. My reason is that absolutely everything can be prepared beforehand except the meat. Cut veggies, buns, condiments, chips. You can do salads like green, macaroni or potato, but that means silverware. Drinks would be in can and bottle form in a blow up kiddy pool with ice, so no cups. I would have several dessert options, all individual size so no serving, just out.

I haven't done this, but I tried to organize several church things this way because no one ever wanted to do anything. This would require very little work and more mingling.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yard prep today in anticipation of Ian.

Friday morning, when the storm was still #98L and not #TD9 or named, I sent this text to my sisters and some other peeps:

My prediction: if named Hermine, Cat 1 that hits south FL. If named IAN it becomes Cat 4 with direct Tampa hit 🤣

Those that know me know why this was funny. Well it looks more and more like I nailed it. I’d rather have been wrong. Bit me in the butt. 

We’re in a non-evacuation zone, flood zone X.  So we’re waiting and watching. Will make a decision on Monday probably as to whether we stay or go.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Boo for hurricanes!

I am in a funk.  Nevertheless I made myself water plants outside which were very dry (I swear I a  watering them every day and the dirt still feels like a desert) and attempt to fix the window square things and there was something else. I've been reading a new novel - Gone Girl which is pretty interesting so far. I forgot the name of Krissi's pirate book.  Better go search for it.

Last night some critter got onto my deck railing again and knocked over 3 of my plants.  One of the plastic pots cracked but the plants all survived.  I'm thinking it was an opossum or raccoon.

Ds27 decided that he wanted to clean the garage.  There is an ulterior motive that I am not sure of but if it gets the garage out of safety hazard status I'm all for it.  He's also paying ds17 to help him.

The chicken is in the IP and Greek roasted potatoes are in the oven.

• Like 5

Morning!

I slept okay last night.   Still stuffy and icky feeling but it's not bad at all.   Not covid, I thought maybe a cold but it's acting more like just my usual fall allergies with a sinus infection.  Sucky, but not that bad. 

I need to go into work for a little while today to do some organizing and setup.   Ds has work so I'll need to drive him back and forth.  Other than that, I need to check math homework for my class and set up lesson for tomorrow.  Math is the one class I still need to do work each week since I'm pacing it to their needs.  

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

It's occurred to me that my life is pretty boring.   All my posts are about work.  Maybe a little about kids or dh.  But mostly the same old/same old, day in and day out, week after week.  

I think I'm okay with that.  

Being an adult with children is boring. It's just the stage. We'll be not boring again.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I win. I've been awake since 4:45. I woke up and my stomach really hurt, which I worried was because I took ibuprofen last night without enough in my stomach. So I got up and ate a little bread and drank water and went back to bed. Anyway, still up.

We strained the apples out of the brew and I have 1.5 gallons of liquid. Last night, my son told me there was white stuff on the bottom of the jars, so I stirred and it's a white filmy stuff, which I assume is the beginning of "the mother" but I need to read up on this more. It smells potently boozey. If you want an exciting life, like mine, buy some big jars and make your own vinegar. I need to order pH strips.

Dh was going to go out of town yesterday but is still here. I don't know if he's going today. So I don't know if we are going to church. I reconnected with someone on Friday. More than an acquaintance but not close enough to be a friend. But it was nice to catch up, discover some common ground and then find that she is in the same church situation that we are, kind of struggling to find a place.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Sunday!!!

Church!!
I slept horribly last night. My brother and his wife are in town. They and my mom were over for dinner and we had to discuss things about my parents estate and things went incredibly south and got very ugly. ,My brother and I have a strained relationship to begin with, but I felt like his behavior was really out of line. I was expecting this, though. Even in families where relationships are good this sort of thing gets ugly.

• Sad 6

2 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

It's occurred to me that my life is pretty boring.   All my posts are about work.  Maybe a little about kids or dh.  But mostly the same old/same old, day in and day out, week after week.  

I think I'm okay with that.  

Well, yeah, but if you became a spy and had a really exciting life, you still wouldn’t be able to share it with us because it’s all classified. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I’m boring as an empty nester with four fur babies. 

No, I think your loops and agility classes are the opposite of boring. I actually think Toto's classes are really interesting, too. I think doing what you want to do is interesting, but with kids we usually do what they want to do.

I thought you were interesting when I met you, but your kids were big. Bicultural, camp. Those were the things that jumped out at me when we met.

(I haven't met Jean, I mean online.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Slache said:

I was interesting before I had kids and when they were little enough that I had free time. Hikes and Greek and painting and Bible challenges.

Now I'm homeschooling or sleeping. That's boring. Oh. And Avengers. That's the most interesting part of my personality right now.

Yes, that stage of life is centered around the kids. But you can choose interesting things to study and read. And you can drag kids on hikes. 😉  And you can paint as part of art. And you can set up Bible challenges. (Studying Greek might be harder).

Let me tell you a secret. I purposefully got Juliet so as to force myself to get up offa my thang. Those 26 days of my loop?  I think that only two of those loops were without  pain (including some fairly significant spasms). I did them anyway. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

I am and always have been boring and I just have to be ok with that, lol.

I still have 10 minutes before afternoon starts.  I really wasn't sure that I'd make it out of the house this morning but I did.  We went to early service and sunday school and then home.  I have an orchestra rehearsal this afternoon in a couple hours.  I will sadly have to miss the Ladies of Grief Book Club meeting, but had already committed to the orchestra thing.  

I cleaned out the Pup's yucky ear.  Only one of them gets yucky and I am hoping I can get this one to look normal eventually.  It's not great, but better.  I used a mix of warm water and apple cider vinegar which is what dr. google suggested.

Coffee!

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

I am and always have been boring and I just have to be ok with that, lol.

I still have 10 minutes before afternoon starts.  I really wasn't sure that I'd make it out of the house this morning but I did.  We went to early service and sunday school and then home.  I have an orchestra rehearsal this afternoon in a couple hours.  I will sadly have to miss the Ladies of Grief Book Club meeting, but had already committed to the orchestra thing.  

I cleaned out the Pup's yucky ear.  Only one of them gets yucky and I am hoping I can get this one to look normal eventually.  It's not great, but better.  I used a mix of warm water and apple cider vinegar which is what dr. google suggested.

Coffee!

Zymox ear solution (Used to be Otic.) Make sure you get WITHOUT hydrocortisone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Isaac can't make the /s/ sound so he goes /sh/ but it's long like he's shushing someone. I was taking a bath and I keep the door locked otherwise people come in constantly or it gets cold. Isaac was playing outside the locked door because he's obsessed with me and can't get his own life and he kept accidentally pushing cars under the door where he couldn't reach them. When he ran out of cars he put his mouth under the door and yelled "CARSHHHHHH! CARSHH? CARSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...

"Mama!"

"Yes?"

"Carsh."

"Yes, I see them."

"CARSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I was more interesting when the kids were younger.   We used to go on all kinds of field trips, school was fun and interesting projects.   Now I have teenagers and their school isn't interesting anymore.  One's in college and has a job, the other just wants simple, get-er-done stuff.   

My classes are interesting and we have all kinds of crazy stuff happening there.  But I hesitate to share details sometimes because it's not hard to figure out it's me if someone knows me IRL.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Orchestra rehearsal was looooonnng but good.  I got to play a good dose of John Williams which is always nice.  Afterwards I drove by the book club house to see if people were still there and they were just on their way out the door so I at least got to say hi and give people hugs and agree to host next month, lol.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Orchestra rehearsal was looooonnng but good.  I got to play a good dose of John Williams which is always nice.  Afterwards I drove by the book club house to see if people were still there and they were just on their way out the door so I at least got to say hi and give people hugs and agree to host next month, lol.

John's favorite composer!

• Like 3