Menu

Ignore this thread!

I don't love sci-fi or fantasy, but most of my all time favorite books are one of those two, so who knows.  Maybe I do love them, lol.  I was surprised at how much I loved Dune.  And LoTR, obviously.  And HP.  And I've really enjoyed The Last Coin by James Blaylock (because funny) and several books by Tim Powers which I think are called "magical realism".

Anyhoo.  I am waiting for the lawn mower battery to recharge so I can finish the lawn. I scrubbed the stove and watered flowers and had cottage cheese with pineapple for lunch.  Ds17 is edging the lawn.  Meanwhile I was looking at airbnb rentals on Prince Edward Island, should I ever be inclined to visit Green Gables.

It's an Awesome Green Gables Booyah!   

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends

Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps

But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps.

I had no idea when I entered in

That what seems a little nuts might actually save me

From going insane on days that are crazy 🤗

This is the thread that never ends...

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My mom went to PEI, and I really want to go. I think I've read all the LM Montgomery books. Finally let dd read more than AoGG. They are so overly romantic, but I still love them.

I used to be a very big fantasy fan as a teen, no so much Sci fi. There was a lot of bad stuff that would creep into the series-es as you read and were already hooked. Some also caused confusion, prophecies that sounded like bible but then I'd get mixed up with what the Bible actually says. I love Narnia and the Hobbit. Big faves and lotr less but also. 

• Like 3

I am so tired, even though I slept pretty well last night.  Nursery was Good - only one slightly fussy toddler but he settled down after a while.  It is always freezing in the nursery room - there is a space heater that we run all summer long, lol.  I guess that's the struggle when your building is 150 years old.

• Like 3

I don't like nursery, but it's the only thing I can really do. I can't do church work days and I can't commit to anything outside of church time. So, I get germed. It's gross. It's funny because I don't even like the babies. I swoon over my babies all day long, but if you hand me another one I'm like "WhY iS iT wEt AnD StIcKy?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The dog grooming place that I usually take Chester to has all new grooming staff (according to their website).  None of the regular people are there and I'm not sure if I should take him there again or find a new place.  They did a good job at an extremely reasonable price. 😭

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Slache said:

I don't like nursery, but it's the only thing I can really do. I can't do church work days and I can't commit to anything outside of church time. So, I get germed. It's gross. It's funny because I don't even like the babies. I swoon over my babies all day long, but if you hand me another one I'm like "WhY iS iT wEt AnD StIcKy?"

I’m like that with babies, too. I love my own, but I don’t like other people’s babies. They always cry when I hold them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We had dinner at the house of some church friends.  I was apprehensive about going because we haven't been there since dh died.  But it was really quite lovely and the girls got to go swimming and it was nice to talk with them and catch up.

Now I need them to stop messing around and put their camp gear away and get to bed. 

• Like 4

I have this idea that I want to go to each of the bazillion parks in our county. So I chose the second one on the alphabetical list (the first one was an hour away and had zero maps online on trails so I crossed it off my list). Juliet and I drove 30 minutes to today’s park. Then we hiked for an hour. I set a timer for thirty minutes and Juliet led me through a crisscrossing warren of trails until the timer went off. Then we retraced our steps and made it back to the car. It was fun. I won’t say that this was all that special of a park but it was a change from my daily loop. 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
Typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Morning.  It's Monday.  

I woke up at 5:45am to work out with dd but she ended up cancelling.  I decided not to go back to bed so I've already been up for 2 hours and have another 90 minutes before I need to leave the house to take ds to school.  Then teaching until 3:30pm, picking up ds, and home.   It's going to be a long day.  

I'm teaching a math workshop class and everyone is supposed to send me their homework at least 24 hours prior to their next class so I can check it and tweak what I'm doing in class based on their understanding.   I already had to point out what at least 24 hours would be to a couple students.  Now for today's class I haven't gotten homework at all from at least 3 out of 8 students, and one sent it at 10:30 last night (for a class at 1pm today).   Today should be interesting.

• Like 3

Younger dd has been sick since Saturday.  We went to a sweet 16 and had to run out to get food for ds and left her there with my uncle and cousin.   She was okay when we left but wasn't feeling well when we got back (maybe 10 minutes later) and we just thought it was her anxiety.   But then she spent the night puking.   And most of yesterday just sipping ginger ale.   

Dh goes to the cardiologist tomorrow.  His pulse is still really low and evidently the stent didn't completely help his arrhythmia problem.   Last time he talked to the doctor about the low pulse, they didn't know what to do about it.  I keep telling him he needs to make sure they understand he had Lyme's disease and it was not treated completely.  

• Sad 5

It's Monday!! But it will be a busy Monday, as there's a women's group meeting tonight and I have lots of responsibilities for it. Hula tomorrow. An informal line-dancing class--at my house--on Wednesday. A luncheon on Thursday, where, again, I have some responsibilities. A class at church on Saturday.

It will be a very people-y week. I'm girding my loins now.

• Like 4

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

(((England)))

I'd like to go to the Hula and Line Dancing.  A couple years ago the kids and I learned some line dancing as part of story time.  We learned the Electric Slide, Backyard Shuffle, simplified Footloose, Cupid Shuffle, Cotton-Eyed Joe, and The Wobble.  I don't think we remember any of it, lol.

I pulled a Junie last night and didn't get to sleep until about 4am.  Got up at 6:30 for breakfast and then went back to bed and got maybe another hour and a half of sleep. Now having

Coffee!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hi ITT!

I don't know that anyone would actively remember me, but I posted on here for a little while around five years ago, just before my health took a sharp turn southward. (I just looked it up, and that was back in 2017! Time flies when you're couchbound! 🙃

I've kept up with the thread off and on as I could, but I'd love to jump back in and get to know y'all better, if you don't mind. 😊 

I am still homeschooling my youngest son (he's a senior this year!) and I work from home moderating a teen writing forum, so I spend most of my waking hours talking to teenagers! 😅

I'd love some conversation with grown-ups a little more often to help me stay sane! 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2