Menu

Ignore this thread!

47 minutes ago, caayenne said:

I'd love some conversation with grown-ups a little more often to help me stay sane! 😉

If you're looking to stay sane, I'm not sure you're in the right place, but welcome back!! :)

ETA: It's a Questioning our Sanity Booyah!

Edited by Junie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

Everything is great except when it isn't. It's been a pretty good day only a little more school... Dh is gone again. I'm making nachos for dinner so all kids will be my friends after last night's veggie soup with "too crunchy" kale and "too many tomatoes" which we also had for lunch today.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dianthus said:

Everything is great except when it isn't. It's been a pretty good day only a little more school... Dh is gone again. I'm making nachos for dinner so all kids will be my friends after last night's veggie soup with "too crunchy" kale and "too many tomatoes" which we also had for lunch today.

Dianthus, will your kids eat carrots? I've got a copycat Olive Garden soup recipe that's to die for with a ton of onions and spinach in it, but the only veggie that has any real texture is the carrots, and they're still pretty soft. My boys are a little less picky now that they're big, but DS20 still has major texture issues, and he inhales this soup. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, caayenne said:

Dianthus, will your kids eat carrots? I've got a copycat Olive Garden soup recipe that's to die for with a ton of onions and spinach in it, but the only veggie that has any real texture is the carrots, and they're still pretty soft. My boys are a little less picky now that they're big, but DS20 still has major texture issues, and he inhales this soup. 

They generally eat most everything and everyone loves kale, but the kale from our garden was really crunchy and I didn't cook it long enough. My ds7 despises tomato chunks but loves red sauce for pasta, he scoops up a bowl of red sauce to eat. He is the pickiest, but he usually eats most vegetables. He doesn't like most fruits or tomatoes or peppers or cauliflower. But I just never know with him either. Previous favorites he'll decide he no longer likes. So picky.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

It's much easier when picky eaters stick to the Four Food Groups:

macaroni and cheese, chicken nuggets, French fries, and waffles.

Honestly, I almost miss those days. It wasn't particularly healthy, but feeding them was so easy! 😊

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

It's much easier when picky eaters stick to the Four Food Groups:

macaroni and cheese, chicken nuggets, French fries, and waffles.

He was just asking if we could get some of the "birthday chicken" which is the breaded chicken tenders. Yes, he'd happy eat all those 4!

• Like 3

Morning, Happy Tuesday.

Another day of drive ds to school, go teach classes, pick ds up from school.  Except dh is picking him up because we have eye doctor appointments.  It was supposed to be dh and I going today and the kids going tomorrow but with dd having been sick over the weekend (she's much better now but we decided another day of rest wasn't a bad idea), the boys are going today and us girls will go tomorrow.  

Thursday dd has an appointment for a filling at the dentist, while I have a meeting for my new 4H game club, followed by a 4H board meeting.  

I guess this is our appointment week.  

Yesterday as she was leaving, my Monday teacher told me she's on vacation next week.  She mentioned a vacation at our teacher's lunch but she never mentioned dates and I thought she said November.  My head teacher thought she said the end of the session too, but looks like it's next week.  My head teacher and my new teacher are able to cover everything so we're good there.  

My new teacher is working out great.   She's young (20), energetic, amazing with the kids.  She teaches Prek and K-2nd grade, so our youngest students.   We have two students who were supposed to be in a different class running at the same time as her classes that didn't want to go into their assigned classes but were willing to go into her class.  We do often have some shuffling during the first weeks, usually a kid who is on the older end and gets moved to the next level classes but this is more a situation of overlapping ages.  

• Like 5

I'm done with the day, except for parenting class.  Had to deal with several serious issues with the teenaged son and I am hoping he is willing to turn things around and get on the right track.  I need to stop losing sleep over it, but it's hard.  

In other news, we spent 20 minutes swimming laps at the rec center.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

I'm too busy online shopping and reading reviews. I'll waste a bunch of time, indecision will lead to no conclusion and I won't get anything. Or worse. I'll make the decision, go back to buy the item and it's no longer on sale, the price has gone up, or it's sold out. Why do I bother? I know this is what will happen.

• Like 3

Morning.   Happy Humph Day.  

Just my usual, drive ds to school, go teach classes (just 2 today), but instead of picking ds up, dd and I get to go to the eye doctor and dh will pick him up. 

Then older dd is coming over to do laundry, which is great because we haven't worked out in a couple weeks so I haven't seen her. 

• Like 3

LIne dancing at my house this morning. 🙂 Mr. Ellie has my car, as his is being repaired, so I'll be home all day. As soon as I finish here, I'll put a roast in my Instant Pot to slow cook all day, then I'll push furniture around to make room for dancing. Woohoo!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

*Are you wearing pantz?

I had to pantz today because people were coming over to line dance. However, I don't think I have to worry about that tomorrow, as Mr. Ellie will be taking my car to work (his car still in the shop), so I'll be staying home. Also, I have passed the point where I could adjust to changing my schedule tomorrow (in case Mr. Ellie says he can work from home. No. I have already changed my plans in my head. I am d.o.n.e.).

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

FOR TODAY

*Drink your coffee

*Stay focused and positive 

*Don’t freak out 

*Remember, stabbing people is wrong!

*Are you wearing pantz?

JJM 8/2019

Did that.

Yes.

Did a little when I was having technical difficulties.

Oh, all right.

Yes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

FOR TODAY

*Drink your coffee

*Stay focused and positive 

*Don’t freak out 

*Remember, stabbing people is wrong!

*Are you wearing pantz?

JJM 8/2019

Coffee is yucky.  Tea always

I try

I try

I try

Definitely (if yoga pants count which I mean, I know they don't to some people).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2