Menu

Ignore this thread!

The problem with group texts is someone always texts too late at night. Then a bunch of other people start responding. For me, this is either from a sports team or a homeschool playgroup. So 15 people start chiming in. And they just keep texting things like "ok". They do it in the day also but it's 1,000x more annoying when I'm in bed.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Dianthus said:

The problem with group texts is someone always texts too late at night. Then a bunch of other people start responding. For me, this is either from a sports team or a homeschool playgroup. So 15 people start chiming in. And they just keep texting things like "ok". They do it in the day also but it's 1,000x more annoying when I'm in bed.

It's the "ok" kind of replies that are annoying.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dianthus said:

I turn my volumes (ring, media, ect) off at bedtime and turn them back on in the morning. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I program group texts not to notify me. Then I just look at them as I have time. 

See, I do this too, but that woman from our old church starts a new one for every subject, so sometimes there would be two or three new ones in a day. And Matt left for work at 4:45 and the kids were little so I went to bed at 8 every night and she'd text until 10 or 11. She absolutely did not respect my requests to stop. I started calling her out by replying to the texts "(name), I've asked you multiple times not to involve me in these group texts. You know you're waking me up and you know this raises my pain levels the following day as I've explained it multiple times. Please start another text without me." It still took months and I think church members higher in the hierarchy made her stop.

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

3 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

I turn my volumes (ring, media, ect) off at bedtime and turn them back on in the morning. 

I turn phone on vibrate because I still want notifications for our security system. I think I can turn off specific apps but I don't know how. I guess I'm lazy about the phone.

• Like 3

The only group text that I have set up only has people who have requested to be on it. No hard feelings etc towards anyone who doesn’t want to be on it. Some people “lurk” on the group text but (as far as I know) still want to be included. Or they could have easily blocked the text on their phone. 

My siblings have a group text. That’s been so handy. We have a smaller group text for a couple of my siblings that are more chatty and text savvy for more frivolous daily interactions. 

I have a mental list of how different friends and acquaintances like to communicate. Some are text only. Some are email only. Some are phone calls only. Some might be FB only but since I am not on FB I wouldn’t know about them. Some are all-of-the-above.   Things have gotten complicated!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

The postman has stopped the mail truck at my mailbox and I think he is puzzling over what to do with the fall leaf dd16 is mailing to a friend.  It has an address and stamp on it.

There are a *lot* of things the USPS will mail if they're stamped. He might actually have to measure the leaf to see if he can count it as a postcard.

Speaking of the USPS, the return I scheduled a pickup for this past Monday was finally picked up this afternoon, after I put in a second request.

I did have some coffee.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, 73349 said:

There are a *lot* of things the USPS will mail if they're stamped. He might actually have to measure the leaf to see if he can count it as a postcard.

Speaking of the USPS, the return I scheduled a pickup for this past Monday was finally picked up this afternoon, after I put in a second request.

I did have some coffee.

I would hope that it is not a brittle leaf.  The dried leaves that are falling all around us here would break into tiny little pieces before they ever got to their destination. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Dianthus said:

I don't think I've ever had a Japanese curry. We make lots of Thai and Indian curries but I'll have to look that up.

Japanese curry is a lot thicker and sweeter than the curries from India or Thailand.  It's a unique taste but of course to me, it tastes like "home". 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 4

Morning, Happy Friday.

A pretty successful 4H meeting last night.  We made plastics, after talking about pollution, polymers and plastics.    Little kids made sodium alginate spherification, while the older kids cooked up bioplastics with vegetable glycerin and various starches.  

Two classes today, then a mostly relaxing weekend mainly just driving ds too and from work.  

• Like 5

Friday. Local TV has switched over to Big Weather Mode: hours and hours of...

JENNIFER, standing out in the rain with a microphone: It's still raining over here, Bob.

BOB: Thanks for that report. Jennifer Jones, live in ______________. Now we switch over to Marissa in ________________________, where it looks like it's raining even harder than when we checked before.

MARISSA, standing out in the rain with a microphone: That's right, Bob. I'm standing here in downtown ______________________, where it is indeed raining even harder. We see water hitting the trees, on the roads, certainly making it wet as it continues to rain.

BOB: Thank you, Marissa. We now turn it over to our meteorologist, Mike. Mike?

MIKE: Thanks, Bob. As you can see from our radar map, it is indeed still raining in _________________ and ________________.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

17 hours ago, Junie said:

You might want to go rescue the leaf and go buy an envelope. 🙂

He took it, lol.  It's only going to a town a few miles south.

15 hours ago, 73349 said:

I did have some coffee.

I guess we'll see if it makes it there in a day or two, lol.

15 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I would hope that it is not a brittle leaf.  The dried leaves that are falling all around us here would break into tiny little pieces before they ever got to their destination. 

The leaf was red but not brittle.  If they are gentle with it it should be OK.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 73349 said:

Friday. Local TV has switched over to Big Weather Mode: hours and hours of...

JENNIFER, standing out in the rain with a microphone: It's still raining over here, Bob.

BOB: Thanks for that report. Jennifer Jones, live in ______________. Now we switch over to Marissa in ________________________, where it looks like it's raining even harder than when we checked before.

MARISSA, standing out in the rain with a microphone: That's right, Bob. I'm standing here in downtown ______________________, where it is indeed raining even harder. We see water hitting the trees, on the roads, certainly making it wet as it continues to rain.

BOB: Thank you, Marissa. We now turn it over to our meteorologist, Mike. Mike?

MIKE: Thanks, Bob. As you can see from our radar map, it is indeed still raining in _________________ and ________________.....

Powerful wet stuff, eh? 😁

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D was consumed a few hours ago.

Friday!!🥳🥳

Tonight is Homecoming for the girls’ school, so I guess we will all be going to the football game. The girls have all had fun dressing up this week and doing all the HoCo stuff.

I’ve got plenty of work to do today!!

• Like 4