Menu

Ignore this thread!

I have to share how proud I am of ds these days.  He's my quirky, ASD, SPD, anxiety kid.   He made the decision to go to CC this year full time.  He decided to get a job.  And he's been doing great.  Keeping up with school work.  Going to work each day, even today when he was tired and his allergies are really giving him grief.    He even did his laundry last night.  He put it in late and I was sure I was going to find it in the washer this morning, but he stayed up and remembered to switch it to the dryer before going to sleep. 

I'm just so proud and relieved and astonished about how he's been able to step up to responsibility like this. 

ETA:  A proud booya!

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 7

Just now, Wheres Toto said:

I have to share how proud I am of ds these days.  He's my quirky, ASD, SPD, anxiety kid.   He made the decision to go to CC this year full time.  He decided to get a job.  And he's been doing great.  Keeping up with school work.  Going to work each day, even today when he was tired and his allergies are really giving him grief.    He even did his laundry last night.  He put it in late and I was sure I was going to find it in the washer this morning, but he stayed up and remembered to switch it to the dryer before going to sleep. 

I'm just so proud and relieved and astonished about how he's been able to step up to responsibility like this. 

You give me hope! 

• Like 4

Dh stayed home, and we went to church and it was so nice! I went to the ladies Sunday school class and it was wonderful and actually just what I needed. Baby dd stayed with me and was really good through nearly the entire sunday school. The kids classes are small but seem like very nice families and nice kids. The people are so much friendlier and seem so much nicer than the church we visited for most of the summer. We were so happy to be back in church, we didn't realize until we visited this new church how unfriendly most of the congregation was at the last church. There were 2 families we already knew and they were really the only people who talked to us. Even the pastor and his wife barely spoke to us. It was a small church so it's kind of odd they didn't reach out more. And we attended weekly most of the summer and went to several picnic events, and just ended up by ourselves. This new church just seems wonderful and safe. Both dh and I feel very comfortable with everything we have seen and I hope we have found our place.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D (has been consumed 3 hours ago)

It’s a Monday. And it’s gonna be hot.

Girls are off to school. I am drinking my breakfast smoothie. It’s going to be a busy day, but I am really working on time management. I think half my problem is that I don’t manage my time adequately and just runaround like a chicken with my head cut off.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Junie said:

Someone here was complaining that I didn't give her enough work on her assignment sheet this week.  :shrug: I told her that if she finished what I gave her I would give her more.  

You are such a nice mommy!

So much Monday. We knocked out what really needed to be done for school. Now: music practice. Soon: library/mini grocery run (read: we're out of ice cream); finish my load of laundry; quick online renewal if I have time; tennis; dinner; scouts.

• Like 5

It's been 782 days since Isaac was born and today, September 26, 2022, I left the house without another adult for the first time. It was less than 6 months ago I was able to get back up the steps without help. I didn't know if today would ever come. I walked .8 miles. I'm going to try again next week.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

3 minutes ago, Slache said:

It's been 782 days since Isaac was born and today, September 26, 2022, I left the house without another adult for the first time. It was less than 6 months ago I was able to get back up the steps without help. I didn't know if today would ever come. I walked .8 miles. I'm going to try again next week.

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Well that was a thing.  I took a bite of leftover rice and immediately had an esophageal spasm which I've had before, but this one was so bad that it nearly knocked me over and wouldn't stop until I'd thrown up the rice.  Bah.  Happy Monday.

I'm sorry, Susan.  Those are so terribly painful. 

• Like 4

DS 23 shared this with me a bit ago. Thought y’all might appreciate.

And yeah- I know you missed me, right?

EdPo: We start our new school year Monday. Late but fresh start. Good thing we’re used to schooling all year cause we won’t finish these books until the middle of next June.

I have been praying for you guys while I’ve been absent. I appreciate each of you. Thanks for being here and listening and supporting. ❤️

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, 73349 said:

Good morning, ITT.

iCoffee.

This would've been a good weekend to set the clocks back. It's getting dark in the morning.

No setting clocks back! I hate that. Besides, I'm a baptist. We do not have to save the daylight every year. Once saved, always saved. It's basic doctrine.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Morning, Happy Tuesday.

I'm lounging at home and it feels weird.  My 10am Tuesday class only had one student so we had her go into a different class with her siblings and I wasn't teaching at 11:30 so my first class is 1pm.  I was going to go in early anyway to get various things done, but ds has to work this evening so since he would have a long day with school followed by work, I'm not dropping him off at school until right before his class so his day isn't quite as long (usually I would drop him off 90 minutes before his class so I could be in early) and he could sleep in a little bit.   

But it feels weird having so much time in the morning.   One of these days I'll have to find a way to do something productive with the time.  

Dh is home today.  He caught the cold we've all had.  I guess it wasn't allergies since we passed it around, although I think for ds and I it is made worse by this being a bad allergy time too.   Dh was coughing at work and his boss sent him home to work until he stopped coughing so much.    Hopefully it will be the quick 2 days and done it was for the rest of us.  

• Like 4

I may be the minority, but I like when the nights get longer and it's dark in the morning.  I enjoy all the changes in seasons.

I think I slept well but I'm so tired. And some days it's not so exciting when ds is up at the crack of 7. I did some needed shopping. Carters has jeans buy 1 get 2, so jeans were about $11 which I thought was pretty good. I had 2 gift certificates to use so am happy I used them up and also got ds some collared shirts. He has outgrown everything and needs church clothes (long sleeves not the summer polos) now that we are attending again. 

• Like 5

Good morning!

I dreamed last night that we were at some kind of sand mine and Chester had a big cut on his back.  

I tried for Second Sleep but the headache finally made me give up.  It's a bit better now.  It's gorgeous today.  Chilly, but should get up into the 70's this afternoon.  I found some weed killer spray in the garage and squirted weeds along the curb and driveway.  Took out the trash and filled the second bin with garage stuff that ds27 put in the "throw out" pile.

I found this website that has card games for practice so I have been playing Rummy with Mike, Bill, and Lisa.  The kids call them my "other" family.  😁

Coffee!

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

I dreamed last night that we were at some kind of sand mine and Chester had a big cut on his back.  

I tried for Second Sleep but the headache finally made me give up.  It's a bit better now.  It's gorgeous today.  Chilly, but should get up into the 70's this afternoon.  I found some weed killer spray in the garage and squirted weeds along the curb and driveway.  Took out the trash and filled the second bin with garage stuff that ds27 put in the "throw out" pile.

I found this website that has card games for practice so I have been playing Rummy with Mike, Bill, and Lisa.  The kids call them my "other" family.  😁

Coffee!

Eh-hem. Tell your kids that WE are your other family!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D (has been consumed, now I am working on my breakfast smoothie)

School for the kids, work for me.  I have really been working towards time management. My job involves a lot of focused work, but also I get a ton of interruptions and fires to put out and I’ve just felt like I’m being strangled to death. So, I am working on the whole “urgent vs. important” thing, and just turning off my phone so I can get things done. Sometimes I feel like it’s a “duh” thing, but….

Temps are slowly going down. I love fall…. dark mornings and evenings. But I think my body clock really responds to daylight. In the summer, I can read a book in the evenings no problem. Last night, I fell asleep on the couch after I read half a chapter.

• Like 4