Menu

Ignore this thread!

So to celebrate the hottest last day of summer, we had soup for dinner, lol.  And Salvadoran pupusas which dd16 is also making to bring to Spanish class tomorrow.  I ran to the store earlier because we needed corn flour and mozzarella and I accidentally bought corn meal and had to go back to get the right stuff.  

There is a lovely hiking trail in Germany called the Malerweg (The Painters' Path) that is not too scary and I think we should do it.  8 days, no camping involved.  After the hike we can spend a few days in Prague.

Apologies for the annoying music.  Just put it on mute.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ellie said:

I had to pantz today because people were coming over to line dance. However, I don't think I have to worry about that tomorrow, as Mr. Ellie will be taking my car to work (his car still in the shop), so I'll be staying home. Also, I have passed the point where I could adjust to changing my schedule tomorrow (in case Mr. Ellie says he can work from home. No. I have already changed my plans in my head. I am d.o.n.e.).

Actually, I have a luncheon to attend, and I'm committed because I'm an officer of the group and have Responsibilities. ::hangs head:: Mr. Ellie will take me there, then go to work, then come back and pick me up and take me home. And THEN I can unpantz.

• Like 6

Morning Happy Thursday.

I was up at 6:30 because it's my early day and I have to drop ds off at school by 9am (I find I like my slow leisurely mornings even if it means getting up earlier).  But ds isn't feeling well so is skipping school today.  Dd was sick over the weekend and he seems to have caught what she had, without the vomiting.  Which argues for it not having been too much candy on top of anxiety.   Of course, the extremely loud thunderstorms and torrential rain that woke ds up this morning may have contributed to him deciding not to go to school, along with not sleeping well last night, and all his symptoms could easily be allergies, which are bad for him and I right now due to the ragweed.    He's in college now so I left the final decision up to him.

After teaching three classes today, I have the first meeting of our new 4-H game club.  My co-leader is taking the lead on this one (except for when she has to miss meetings, which there are 2 or 3 of) so should be pretty easy for me.   Then I have a 4-H Board meeting after dinner to go to.   Nice long day.   But tomorrow is Friday. 

• Like 4

Good Morning!

Happy Thursday!

I woke up at 5:30 with a terrible headache.  Took some tylenol and a shower and went back to bed.  The headache was much relieved and I slept until 9:00.  So we started the day a little bit late.  My headache is still there, but I'm able to function.  Not sure if I'm going to be able to math, though.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

We had an argument about this on the way to school. We all thought the equinox was always in the 21st, but the calendar says it’s today. What happened??

Yeah, sometimes it officially comes on the 22nd, but I always celebrate it in my heart on the 21st.  Just because.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

We had an argument about this on the way to school. We all thought the equinox was always in the 21st, but the calendar says it’s today. What happened??

I know! That was my "Oops, I jumped the gun" post yesterday. I swear it's on the 21st. It's the Mandela effect!

• Like 4

Having a day.

I only got a few hours of broken sleep last night, due to waking up at 3 am and realizing I hadn't finished writing a message to one of the teen writers that really needed to get sent out. That took me about an hour, mostly due to my being so sleepy, and then I did my best to go back to sleep until DH's alarm went off at 7. 🥱

We had ants in the kitchen a little while ago, and now DS's insulin pod appears to leaking. 😒Luckily his blood sugar isn't super high yet, so we'll get that changed out and hopefully get him back in a good range in time for a later-than-ideal lunch.

7 hours ago, Slache said:

Happy Fall!

🍂 🍁 At last! Fall has always been my favorite season by far!

Of course in Texas, fall doesn't always mean what it should mean. We have highs in the 90s through the weekend, and then we'll be in the upper 80s all next week. Not exactly the cool down we're all longing for, but it's a start. 😊

Edited by caayenne
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, caayenne said:

🍂 🍁 At last! Fall has always been my favorite season by far!

Of course in Texas, fall doesn't always mean what it should mean. We have highs in the 90s through the weekend, and then we'll be in the upper 80s all next week. Not exactly the cool down we're all longing for, but it's a start. 😊

I actually love the seasons here. Fall has become a time of both swimming and hiking, winter (Jan/Feb) has become a season of rest, spring has become my getter done season, and summer is our do stuff season.

• Like 4

Just now, Slache said:

I actually love the seasons here. Fall has become a time of both swimming and hiking, winter (Jan/Feb) has become a season of rest, spring has become my getter done season, and summer is our do stuff season.

I agree! We spent most of the summer organizing the house, and only went out in the early mornings and late evenings. And our falls, winters, and springs are really beautiful, with temperatures only rarely getting too cold to do stuff outside.

I'm just ready for some cooler weather because I want to start taking longer walks again. At least it finally isn't humid! 😊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KrissiK said:

4 hours ago, Junie said:

Yeah, sometimes it officially comes on the 22nd, but I always celebrate it in my heart on the 21st.  Just because.

Next year it's on the 23rd.  Svengo.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

What?!? It's way past dinner time.  Might as well stick with the popcorn.

I was working (and eating popcorn!), and DH was coming home late from a tennis tournament (he's a high school coach). We often eat pretty late during tennis season. 

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

We had potato soup for dinner in honor of it being the first day of Fall.

Yum!

I'm making chicken and gnocchi soup tomorrow. 😊

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

It is refreshingly cool outside right now and the leaves have been blowing around a bit.  Very nice for fall.

That sounds wonderful! C'mon, fall.

DS17 and I took a walk this afternoon to bring down his blood sugar, and it was hot out there! We got up to 99 today. It's cooled off a bit now that it's full dark.

• Like 3

Ds10 is amazing at getting his work done, but it drives me crazy that he gets up and ruins my morning solitude and cup of tea. I had to make a rule that he won't get up before 7 and he is up exactly at 7 still. Ugh. Buts it's awesome how motivated he is to get it all done. We had such a good but busy week, I think we should take off tomorrow to do non school tasks and fun. But dd is behind in math. The boys are on about lesson 35 and she's on lesson 14. We did have an issue with her books I bought on ebay and had to return and buy others and so she started very late, but still, she is skipping days. Her ability is fine, she just wants to do other things.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Dianthus said:

Ds10 is amazing at getting his work done, but it drives me crazy that he gets up and ruins my morning solitude and cup of tea. I had to make a rule that he won't get up before 7 and he is up exactly at 7 still. Ugh. Buts it's awesome how motivated he is to get it all done. We had such a good but busy week, I think we should take off tomorrow to do non school tasks and fun. But dd is behind in math. The boys are on about lesson 35 and she's on lesson 14. We did have an issue with her books I bought on ebay and had to return and buy others and so she started very late, but still, she is skipping days. Her ability is fine, she just wants to do other things.

My two big ones get up at 6:30 and 7 but there is no talking allowed until 8 when the boys get up. 

• Like 3

Morning.  Happy Friday.

It's finally cooled off here too.  I think we're expecting highs in the 60's today.  I love it.  I love fall.  I'm hoping my hot flashes won't feel as bad when it's not actually in the 90's.  

Unfortunately, fall means my allergies are at their worst.  I'm all stuffy which is yucky.

• Like 4

Good morning!

I went back to the health clinic to see if they could figure out what the government wants from me.  She couldn't figure it out so she sent them a letter stating that they have all the information and documents they need and please stop being idiots and expedite the final approval.  Sans the idiot part.  Hopefully this will make the powers that be happy.  Otherwise I may have to invoke the FAFSA Audit curse.

The Big Music Festival is this weekend so my little town is hopping.  Lots of extra police presence - especially motorcycle and bicycle cops.  I expect we will see lots of fancy people over the next couple of days.

Why they would choose this weekend to strip and repave the major road into the town square is beyond me. 🙄

We are going on a waterfall field trip with dd13's tutorial class in about an hour and then tonight she is making a Raddish Kids dinner.

Coffee!

• Like 5

Happy Friday afternoon! Just a few more hours until the weekend! 🥳

Apparently yesterday was both Frodo and Bilbo Baggins' birthdays! How do I know this? The teen writers are having a multi-day celebration (ie. chatting like mad!) and changing their avatar pictures to Lord of the Rings characters! 🙃💕

Lunchtime and then I'm running a virtual writing room. I might even get a chance to write today if I can get my emails sent out first. 😊

Edited by caayenne
  • Like 4

Day 25 loop with Juliet 
I almost called the police because this jerk was revving his car and gunning it down the road towards Juliet and me. I jumped up with her into someone's yard. The jerk drove by us a couple of houses, squealed into a driveway, turned around and then gunned it back past us on the road while laughing. 

• Sad 4