Menu

Ignore this thread!

5 hours ago, 73349 said:

Please declare your intended return date.

If Krissi is providing security, you two can just sign yourselves out and back in, under the Mutual Supervision provision.

Send pineapples to cover the administrative fees. I do not accept payment in coconut.

But I will accept coconut cake as recompense.

a cakey booya!

Edited by Green Bean
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ellie said:

🙂 I'm trying to figure out if I can pack my ipu heke such that it will survive the trip in the belly of the airplane, or if I should just take my ipu, which I can carry on with me. Decisions, decisions. 🙂

Carry on.

Well, unless you have a really tough hard case for it. That might be ok to check.  In general, I don't check anything that has a good chance of breaking that I would be sad to lose.  I carried on my cheap ukulele.  Because who is going to buy a $200 carbon fiber case for a $30 ukulele.  (Not me! 😂)

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

Morning, Happy Sunday.

Dh is taking down the portable AC's today so we'll have a little bit more room at the science center.   I appreciate having them but they were a bit of a pita to deal with.    Glad it's getting cool enough around here to not need them anymore.    I have to run by later to do a little bit of rearranging, plus I need to pick up 25 mini pumpkins for a decomposition study.   

So I am actually talking to my landlord and his realtor again about moving into the larger space next to ours.  It's still empty and now it's been 2 years so it does look like they are willing to be a little more reasonable on the terms.   But the building is evidently in contract review to be sold, which could change things.  If they sign, new owners may want that space.  Or they may not need all that room and be willing to take my current space and give us the new space.  Or they may not sign.   Or they may back out during due diligence.   One of the things that could have them backing out according to the realtor is "environmental" issues.  Like my old ac system, that should have been fixed or replaced back in May, leaking freon.   Imagine that.  

• Like 4

Good morning!

I got up and made some eggs and coffee for ds27 before he left and then laid back down and fell asleep again.  Headache.  Getting better.  I think I am probably dehydrated.

I think I will get out my bin of fall decorations.

I'm playing in an outdoor pops concert this afternoon for the fall festival of a local church.  Mostly patriotic and movie music - lots of fun stuff.  They will have free games and food and told us to bring our people along.

Coffee!

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

It’s supposed to be fall, but the weather is not cooperating. Still in the 90’s. I’m watching this football game and people are in coats and it’s raining. I think it is in Baltimore.

But then you can go swimming AND hiking, depending on the day.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Slache said:

But then you can go swimming AND hiking, depending on the day.

We’ve had this kind of weather for the past 5 months. I am so done. I’m thinking about moving to northern Minnesota. Duluth. I’ve kind of had an obsession with Lake Superior after doing that Beautiful Feet geography curriculum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, KrissiK said:

We’ve had this kind of weather for the past 5 months. I am so done. I’m thinking about moving to northern Minnesota. Duluth. I’ve kind of had an obsession with Lake Superior after doing that Beautiful Feet geography curriculum.

I hate the cold. I'll come visit you in the summer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

It’s afternoon. We churched. We lunched. Now….sportsball. Exciting game between Buffalo and Baltimore. I’m going for Buffalo. They are my second favorite team. Josh Allen went to junior college in my town.

Baltimore is (basically) my hometown.  It's the nearest large city to where I grew up and I love it.

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Buffalo won!!! Woohoo!! Now, Raiders. Go Derek!!

😞

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I love my lips!

My dad was born in Duluth.  I was there many times as a child visiting relatives.  I'm sure it has changed enormously after 40 years!

• Like 3

The Harvest Jubilee was so nice.  Weather was dry, sunny, and Comfortable temps.  Orchestra music went well.  They had free bbq meals and snowcones and fun, old fashioned "county fair" type games and bounce house things.  Dd19 managed to both dunk the pastor in the dunk tank and knock down the milk bottles.  Not sure where she got her good aim, but it certainly wasn't from me, lol.  I'm so glad the kids came along - it's not often that we get the chance to do something like this.  

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I'd love to spend some time in Montana and/or Wyoming.

My step family lives in Great Falls, Montana and I spent two weeks there as a kid. It's gorgeous. We stayed on a lake and I went... what's the word? I wanna say waterboarding, but that's a different thing and you don't do that to 6 year olds. I went waterskiing on one giant ski.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, 73349 said:

Please declare your intended return date.

If Krissi is providing security, you two can just sign yourselves out and back in, under the Mutual Supervision provision.

Send pineapples to cover the administrative fees. I do not accept payment in coconut.

I am leaving October 12 and returning October 18.

We can sign ourselves out? Awesome.

I will check on the pineapple. Last time I went I didn't buy any of the fresh-picked pineapple, but I might do it this time, depending on $$$.

Edited by Ellie
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I went to church. Dh stayed home with baby dd and stuffy nosed ds. I took the other kids. Ladies Sunday school class was lovely again, about focusing on good works and just what I needed again. Just lovely, warm people. The sermon was boring but it may be because I woke at 3:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. I was really tired. I was in the kitchen all afternoon, making a big dinner for dh's buddy who gifted us a bunch of his son's very nice hand me downs. His wife divorced him a couple years ago, very sad, and I knew he'd like a dinner. He and his boys were happy. 

We are working on the last episode of The Chosen. Can't wait for season 3. It is so well done.

I'm so tired. Didn't give boys haircuts again and they really need them.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Slache said:

I hate the cold. I'll come visit you in the summer.

I wanna visit Krissi in winter because Brrrrrr, it's cold here already. We did in-person watching of sportsball (youth variety) yesterday and froze. If the concession stand would've sold hats and gloves instead of charging so much for a soda, they'd have made so. much. money.

Oh yeah: Goooood morning! I'm enjoying my second cup of coffee in blissful silence while patiently waiting for the children to wake up. The sun is just now rising and is absolutely beautiful.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Morning, Happy Monday.  Another week begins.   

Ds had a rough day at work yesterday.  Not sure of details but I think it was rude customers, plus he seems to be having a little bit of trouble coordinating work and schoolwork.   One of his professors keeps posting writing assignments just a day or two before they are due, making it hard to get them done with his other classes and work.   I looked at the syllabus with him and they are definitely not posted ahead of time.   We talked him down some, but we'll see how it all shakes out.  

• Like 6

56 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

One of his professors keeps posting writing assignments just a day or two before they are due, making it hard to get them done with his other classes and work.   I looked at the syllabus with him and they are definitely not posted ahead of time.   We talked him down some, but we'll see how it all shakes out.  

Ugh, that's rough!  My kids were making this complaint about one of their tutorial classes, but I showed them their syllabus (which I had printed out for them) that had every assignment listed for the entire semester.  Oops.  

Last minute writing assignments are the worst!  Hope ds is able to work through it!

• Like 6

OK.  I made one phone call and filled out an online form instead of making the other phone call.  I am checking around for insurance rates.  Apparently insurance rates are somewhat based on your credit rating and since I have had no credit in my name for a long time, my rating is pretty bad.  My current insurance company is using credit based on "the estate of 'late dh'" so that may be the best we can get.  At least it sounds fancy, lol.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

OK.  I made one phone call and filled out an online form instead of making the other phone call.  I am checking around for insurance rates.  Apparently insurance rates are somewhat based on your credit rating and since I have had no credit in my name for a long time, my rating is pretty bad.  My current insurance company is using credit based on "the estate of 'late dh'" so that may be the best we can get.  At least it sounds fancy, lol.

Have you checked with AAA? We've been with AAA for, gosh, 40 years, and we started when we had been [briefly] uninsured, which caused most other companies wouldn't take us, which seemed weird but whatever. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Carry on.

Well, unless you have a really tough hard case for it. That might be ok to check.  In general, I don't check anything that has a good chance of breaking that I would be sad to lose.  I carried on my cheap ukulele.  Because who is going to buy a $200 carbon fiber case for a $30 ukulele.  (Not me! 😂)

The ipu heke is too big to carry on. Seriously. And it's not a *large* ipu heke. I could take my ipu, but the event organizer wants ipu heke.

Last night, Mr. Ellie went up into the attic and brought down our big, hard-sided suitcase, and the ipu heke fits in it just fine, with room to spare, meaning I have plenty of room for it and my necessities with room left over for purchases. Not pineapples, though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1