Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Sunday!!!

Daylight Savings Time ends, but I am still up. I had to get up early and get the potato soup on the crock pot so it’s ready for lunch. My mom is having our weekly dinner after church today instead of Thursday night. My aunt and uncle can’t drive at night and it is important for them to be at our weekly dinners. So, noon it is.

ooooh, I got a Booya/h for that. An Early Morning Potato Soup Booya/h.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I’m glad you were able to find homes for your foster kittehs, Critter. Our new kitteh is settling in quite well. He clearly has been handled and is used to people and homes, but I haven’t any idea what happened to him because the custodian at church said he’d been hanging around the church all week. And he’s not a wanderer (not yet) because he’s stayed in our backyard all week. So, I don’t know. But he’s a sweet, friendly little guy and he’s already chasing our big cats around when they go outside.

• Like 5

Good morning!

We are in the middle of early service. We all had to get here  an hour early for service music rehearsal.  Ds16 & dd18 will have to walk home after Sunday school if they don’t want to stay through the second service. Weather will be lovely for a walk, at least. 

Later tonight the church is having a “jam session” for anyone who wants to play, sing, or just listen. I’m pretty sure my idea of a jam session is very different from what their idea is, but it should be fun anyway. I’m hoping some banjos come. I know there are a couple of good pickers in the congregation!

Coffee!

• Like 6

Morning, Happy Sunday.   

Heading over to the science center with dh in a little bit.  I'm moving things around (yes, again) to make more space in the primary classroom.   At this point, it doesn't seem like we're going to get any of the additional space, so we need to adapt.  

Registrations for next session are looking good.  We lost a few students but generally due to being away a lot over the holidays, or having a baby in the next month (can't blame them for not wanting to come up out with a newborn in the middle of winter especially this year).   A fair number are adding classes.  Mainly students who were new things year, tried out one class and now want to do more.  

I've worked out my teacher shortage problem.  My teacher who has been here the longest is teaching one extra class, my absolutely amazing teacher that started this year is teaching an extra day/2 classes, I hired someone to teach 1 class, I cancelled one class, and I'm teaching an additional 3 classes myself.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Slache said:

I said the F word. I have had a bad day. I don't think I've said the F word since we went to Crater Lake in 2018. I will try to make it 5 years this time.

I'm sorry you were having such a rough day. 

I probably say the F word on a week basis, if not daily at times.    I'm very careful at the science center (lots of kids) but otherwise, not so much. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning.  It is 6:31 am and the sun is already rising.   Which just seems wrong.

I'm meeting dd at the gym at 7:30 so I'm having my breakfast and tea.    Then I'm heading over to the science center to meet one of my teachers to do that rearranging I keep talking about.   She's about 10 years younger than me, but way more fit so her help will definitely be appreciated.  

• Like 5

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

I also like having the sun up in the morning.

Hope your day is better today, Slache.

Dd15 had a nightmare last night so she came and slept with me.  So I did not really sleep much.  Very tired this morning.  I have a major case of the lackawannas.  Better have some

Coffee!

• Like 4

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!

I slept ok last night.  I woke up this morning and thought that it was after 8 and I was running late.  Then I looked at the clock and saw that it was 7:15.  So my internal clock works great -- it just hasn't adjusted to the time change yet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Good morning. 

My friend went from being in what’s called a vegetative state to being alert and talking this morning. 

I absolutely hate time changes. Going to bed at what would have been an hour late for my body last night, meant that I missed my “sleepy window “ and had insomnia for awhile. But I still woke up an hour early.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Hey Servie!

The chickens were pacing at 7 this morning.  They were expecting their Monday oatmeal.

I did Some Things. Sent in some paperwork.  Wrote a thank you note and sent payment to cello teacher.  And other misc. things.

Tomorrow has suddenly become a Very Busy Day.  

Now I’m sitting in the van while the girls are in music lessons.  Listening to a podcast called Haileywood and drinking my afternoon coffee.  I should go take a little walk around campus. The weather is nice.  

Next up is children’s choir and then Scouts.

• Like 5

Juliet and I ran errands. Juliet went with me into two pet stores and didn’t even try to eat anyone. How boring!  

I am switching her to catfish. I was told that her itchy ears, paws and butt are most likely food allergies and not environmental. We’ve done chicken, turkey and lamb. Catfish was recommended as a protein because it’s drastically different. But it could be something other than a protein. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was thinking we could name our next dog Cerberus, but I think that says something about our home that I don't want it to.

My original thought was that it should be Bucephalus, after Alexander the Great's horse, because it's going to be Alex's pet, but he doesn't like that.

We watched Cruella and now everyone wants a dalmatian, which is a nice change from the request I've been getting since we watched Beethoven.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Juliet and I ran errands. Juliet went with me into two pet stores and didn’t even try to eat anyone. How boring!  

I am switching her to catfish. I was told that her itchy ears, paws and butt are most likely food allergies and not environmental. We’ve done chicken, turkey and lamb. Catfish was recommended as a protein because it’s drastically different. But it could be something other than a protein. 

Give her a poboy!

Have you excluded corn yet?

• Like 1

I dropped 2 kids off at Scouts and brought the 3rd kid home because she has a sore throat.  No fever.  Probably not related to her sprained ankle.  I'll take her to the walk-in clinic tomorrow if she's still feeling bad.  One of the Scout leaders emailed that he is sick with a sore throat and one of dd18's professors cancelled tomorrow 's class due to illness.  Sounds like something is going around.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

I dropped 2 kids off at Scouts and brought the 3rd kid home because she has a sore throat.  No fever.  Probably not related to her sprained ankle.  I'll take her to the walk-in clinic tomorrow if she's still feeling bad.  One of the Scout leaders emailed that he is sick with a sore throat and one of dd18's professors cancelled tomorrow 's class due to illness.  Sounds like something is going around.

Definitely something going around. Two of mine had head colds last week. Hope I didn’t share with ITT. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

My kids have both had colds as well.   They seem to be wrapping them up and <<knock on wood>> they didn't pass it along to dh and I.

Good Morning, Happy Tuesday.   I'm heading up to Connecticut book shopping with older dd this morning.  We are leaving in about 45 minutes.  Can't wait!

• Like 5

Good morning!

Gotta type fast so I'm not late for my meeting.  Because Pantz.  I feel I shouldn't sign legal documents wearing PJs, lol.  

A sweet family from my church was featured last week on House Hunters International: Episode 9 "Living It Up in Puerto Aventuras".  

Had to cancel my lunch today.  Dd12 had a 101 fever at 2am, but it was down to normal earlier this morning.  I'll probably take her to dr. when I'm done signing papers.

Coffee!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1