Menu

Ignore this thread!

I helped 3 kids with math, taught a poetry lesson to my high schoolers, negotiated with a child to save some work for tomorrow, and did an ASL lesson with dd15.

And, I lived to tell about it!

ETA:  Booyah!!

Edited by Junie
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I did a legs workout.  You can send flowers to my gravesite. 

Death not allowed.

So, we did the first lesson of the Nanowrimo young writer's thing. Did the inner editor activity. It resulted in tears. Someone has issues; I'm not saying who.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

It was in the 50's to 70's here today.   A little chilly but not awful.  

Things went pretty good today.  I have two teachers who are absolutely amazing, quick to step up and help out, and just wonderful with the kids.    I am so thankful for them both.

Tomorrow is my super long day.  The leaving/absent teacher is supposed to be in, but I also have a back-up plan in place in case she's not.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

My body is not liking these storms.  I wonder why storms make me swell up like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Woman?  My chiropractor is keeping me walking.  Painfully, but at least I can walk. 

Stupid storms.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

It's raining here now.  I went out to pull the jack-o-lanterns onto the porch.  Ds26 is trying to keep his stable enough to submit to the pumpkin carving contest tomorrow for work.

Busy day today.  Drop off dd18 at college, the high school kids at tutorial, then drive into The Big City for a followup with my parathyroid surgeon.  I will probably be late to that appointment - rain and traffic.  Then I am shuttling various people back home from tutorial and to work from college and back home etc., etc.  Tonight after dinner, ds26, ds16, and I are going to orchestra rehearsal.  

Coffee!

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I need my neighbor to stop talking.  She calls, I put her on speaker so I can hear her, and I do my housework and say "um, hm" every once in a while.  But I have to make a phone call.  I can't do that with her on the phone.  (She calls and will talk for an hour.  Sometimes daily.) 

I would stop answering the phone.  

But I never answer the phone.

I hate talking on the phone. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I never got on this morning.  Today has been a very long day.  My car's brakes were squeaking so we dropped off my car to get checked out which means dh had to drop me off at work so I was in at 8am.  I taught four classes today between 10 am and 3:30pm.    Then we went back to pick up my car, but ds had forgotten something at the science center so we had to swing back by there.  

Now I'm home.  Dd has TKD tonight but I think dh is going to take her. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

I would stop answering the phone.  

But I never answer the phone.

I hate talking on the phone. 

I don’t  answer when she starts calling me multiple times a day. But normally I don’t mind letting her talk while I do boring stuff around the house. It makes it less boring, actually. She’s single. And lonely. And a bit needy. 
But she did let me go to make my business calls. 

Now I am doing errands out in the storm which is not my idea of fun. In a second I will leave the sanctuary of my parked car. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

For example, my phone just rang and I did not answer it.

Good for you!! Just because someone wants to talk to you in no way obligates you to talk to them. It’s all about respect. And consent. (Oldest DD is all about “consent” these days. She was mad because we made her get the Covid vaccine without her consent. And she was mad that the people at the shot place didn’t ask if she had given consent for the shot. 😆)

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5

29 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Good for you!! Just because someone wants to talk to you in no way obligates you to talk to them. It’s all about respect. And consent. (Oldest DD is all about “consent” these days. She was mad because we made her get the Covid vaccine without her consent. And she was mad that the people at the shot place didn’t ask if she had given consent for the shot. 😆)

I totally agree. 

Unfortunately since I run a business where people expect me to answer questions, especially when we are wrapping up one session and people are wanting to enroll for the next session and my personal cell phone number is also the business number, I really should be answering it.  I strongly encourage people to text or email or message or just about anything but call. 

But the call I didn't answer left a voice mail and it was just some health service letting me know I probably qualify for a booster shot and how I can go about making that appointment.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Good afternoon!! I need some COFFEE!!~D I did give in and buy peppermint mocha creamer. And it’s not even Halloween. Svengo.  I have no self-control. My house needs to be cleaned.

I was wondering the other day if Peppermint Mocha Creamer season had arrived yet.  It's about time!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wheres Toto said:

I totally agree. 

Unfortunately since I run a business where people expect me to answer questions, especially when we are wrapping up one session and people are wanting to enroll for the next session and my personal cell phone number is also the business number, I really should be answering it.  I strongly encourage people to text or email or message or just about anything but call. 

But the call I didn't answer left a voice mail and it was just some health service letting me know I probably qualify for a booster shot and how I can go about making that appointment.  

Matt's getting a second number for this EXACT reason. He will have 2 numbers on one device and when it rings it will indicate which line is ringing. This is $15 a month with T Mobile. His business card and website will both say "Call or Text: (210) 555-5555".

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Slache said:

Matt's getting a second number for this EXACT reason. He will have 2 numbers on one device and when it rings it will indicate which line is ringing. This is $15 a month with T Mobile. His business card and website will both say "Call or Text: (210) 555-5555".

I've been with TMobile forever, and didn't know this was a thing.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Slache said:

Okay, that is totally cool.  I wonder if AT&T can do that.  T-Mobile signal sucks at our house. 

All signals suck at the science center because in the back we are basically underground and there's something weird with the ceiling/floor of the second floor.  I can't even see my wifi from the storage space that is right above the main center.   

But then, I guess I'd have to change everything over to a new business number which could be a pain.  I won't change my personal to the business because I've had that phone number since my first personal cell phone back in the 90's. 

• Like 2

Dh and I are actually going out on a date night Saturday night.  A late Anniversary date night.  We're going to get an early dinner (before it gets busy) then go to see Dune at a movie theatre.  

We haven't been out on a date since before Covid and that was probably for our anniversary in 2019.   And it would have been just dinner.  We haven't been out to a movie in even longer.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

My fingers are toast.  I suspect that when Liszt was composing Les Préludes, the orchestra's concertmaster suggested that the violins needed to brush up on their speedy scales, tremolo, and arpeggios, so Liszt made sure they'd get plenty of practice. 🙄

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Morning.  Happy Friday.

I'm falling apart.  Yesterday I pulled (?) a muscle in my shoulder right along my collarbone.  Wasn't too bad until I tried to sleep.  I sleep on my side and couldn't with that side down.   So, I woke up with a pulled muscle in my back again.  Same pulled muscle as last week.

I haven't been doing Tai Chi/yoga since I hurt my elbow.  I really really need to get back to it.  I think it will help avoid all these pulled muscles. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

Good morning!

So sorry about your muscle woes, Toto!

I am all Willy_Nilly this morning.  Dd18 has to get to work, ds16 has his behind-the-wheel training, my lawyer and two neighbors are supposed to be coming over this morning, but last I heard a week ago, the lawyer was in the hospital.  So I don't know if the meeting is happening or not.  And Sir Pups-a-lot was up a couple times whining at my door in the middle of night, so I took him out, but I don't think he is feeling well.  I was able to get him in to see the vet this afternoon.  Ds26 has work meetings all morning, so he can't help with the willy_nilly.

Gotta run!

Coffee!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

My fingers are toast.  I suspect that when Liszt was composing Les Préludes, the orchestra's concertmaster suggested that the violins needed to brush up on their speedy scales, tremolo, and arpeggios, so Liszt made sure they'd get plenty of practice. 🙄

I think the sour-faced people sitting in front should have been more impressed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One more week and I'm off for a week.  I have quite the to-do list for that week but it will still be a bit of a break.  I need some down time to stop and breathe a little bit. 

The rest of this (school) year will be easier.  It's only the first session that we go 8 weeks non-stop. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2