Menu

What's with the ads?

5 minutes ago, Slache said:

We could also not do the things. Just tossing ideas out there.

It’s always wise to keep our options open.🤣

Edited by KrissiK
It won’t let me write anything. But this is a Booya/h!
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D my new COFFEE~D-maker came yesterday, woohoo. Life is good.

Today is Tuesday!! Remind me to get a birthday card out to my sister-in-law. Her birthday is Thursday. This is the sil who has the exact same name as me, looks kind of like me (we are roughly the same age and coloring), and we have been mixed up before. However, she is not a teacher like me,  she is a well-respected OB/GYN. 

School and work today. I am trying to figure out some sort of vacation for this summer. DH thinks Zion National Park will be too hot, so now we are looking at Lake Tahoe.

• Like 4

Morning. Listened to owls, frogs, and chuck-will's-widows last night. Woke up feeling marginally less sad and world-weary. On to the day, and hope to make it a better one.

I'm mostly avoiding planning school things for the summer. I've got three weeks, right? I'm allowed to procrastinate. No vacations here (but we never take them). We are thinking about picking a quiet, cloudy day during the week and seeing about a trip to The Buffalo. Pick one of the places where we just never see people and stay there for the day, soaking in the nature and enjoying just being together as a family. Well, DH and I enjoy that. The boys are long gone in their boats, fishing and exploring. 

• Like 6

I had a really nice time listening to the mourning doves while I hung clothes on the line!

I use Facebook mostly for what I joined for.  Posting pictures and news for far-away family to see.  Saying happy birthday to someone I might not get around to texting.  Also, my whole graduating class (1984) has a page that I'm on.   And sometimes a cute meme or something.  I don't get into any discussions there, or in person, about political stuff.  Nothing is anyone else's business.  I unfollow people whose posts I don't enjoy, so I can check on them every once in a while.  I am usually not truly bothered by posts, because I know how people are.  

• Like 3

So should I do my zoom appointment in pjs or pantz?

I should make some jam.  The kids are complaining about store-bought stuff. I have strawberries and concord grape juice/pulp that I juiced and froze.  Some peach would be nice, too, if I can find some good peaches.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning. Listened to owls, frogs, and chuck-will's-widows last night. Woke up feeling marginally less sad and world-weary. On to the day, and hope to make it a better one.

I'm mostly avoiding planning school things for the summer. I've got three weeks, right? I'm allowed to procrastinate. No vacations here (but we never take them). We are thinking about picking a quiet, cloudy day during the week and seeing about a trip to The Buffalo. Pick one of the places where we just never see people and stay there for the day, soaking in the nature and enjoying just being together as a family. Well, DH and I enjoy that. The boys are long gone in their boats, fishing and exploring. 

TN has a Buffalo River - the Scouts call it the Buffa-slow.  😁  Buffaslow is the speed I prefer in a river.

Dh made an outdoor scavenger hunt for the kids, so they are out wandering the neighborhood and city park looking for things and taking pictures.

• Like 4

Day 2 of testing.  I’m only slightly bored today since my MCT Level 5 box arrived.  I love brand new books.  So shiny.  

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Day 2 of testing.  I’m only slightly bored today since my MCT Level 5 box arrived.  I love brand new books.  So shiny.  

Shiny!!

(I look at that word and think there should be more to the spelling of it.)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Good Morning!  Coffee's ready.  And I get to have my long awaited hair appt. today!  Woo-hoo!  I'm supposed to go in with clean hair.  How clean is clean?  

I'm beautiful!  Except you can't tell because no blow drying allowed yet.  But Imma step closer to beautiful.  Ish.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

So I have a sore throat today. Temperature is 98.4, which is elevated for me. I was sneezing a lot with runny eyes yesterday. Monitoring. 

• Sad 7

For some reason I was positive today was Wednesday.  To the point I sent a message to my algebra student asking to push our lesson back to 11:30.   It's not Wednesday.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Nope.  Not Wednesday.  

It is, however, June.  And I'm still trying to figure that one out.  How did that happen?  Where did March and April go?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Nope.  Not Wednesday.  

It is, however, June.  And I'm still trying to figure that one out.  How did that happen?  Where did March and April go?  

I slept through them. At least the year is half over.

• Like 2

I have felt sluggish all day.  My iron count must be low.

Dh and I are probably going to the grocery store after dinner since our grocery order got cancelled on Saturday and Monday.

I was hoping to go to the expensive grocery store, but it is within city limits and there is an 8pm curfew.  Sigh.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Slache said:

I slept through them. At least the year is half over.

HUH?   Nope.  Not even close to half over yet.  Nu uh.  

(okay, maybe I'm slightly in denial, but wouldn't the end of June be half-way?)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Where's Toto? said:

HUH?   Nope.  Not even close to half over yet.  Nu uh.  

(okay, maybe I'm slightly in denial, but wouldn't the end of June be half-way?)

I don't need your attitude right now.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, ikslo said:

Nope.  Not Wednesday.  

February - 29 days

March - 300 days

April - 5 years

It’s an unusual leap year. 

• Like 2

Ok, nobody reminded me to get the birthday card in the mail and the mail has come and gone. I guess I will have to send it tomorrow and hope for the best.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Ok, nobody reminded me to get the birthday card in the mail and the mail has come and gone. I guess I will have to send it tomorrow and hope for the best.

I have failed in my duties!  Please forgive!

• Haha 3

I'm gonna say it's generally best to wear something other than jeans when doing yoga.

Also, I looked it up, and there is no official regulation on how many ukuleles a person is allowed to own.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

People are protesting and rioting everywhere, mask requirements are slowly being revoked, sports practices are starting. Did they fix the Covid? I know people are joking about that, but seriously. It's like it's not even a thing.

• Like 2

Groceries are purchased, disinfected, and put away.  Actually, only the cold groceries are put away.  Everything else is in quarantine for three days.

We were out seven minutes past curfew and didn't get arrested.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

It's a new month! I get 10 more digital check outs with the local library! They also now have curbside pick up!

I'm tired. And dh is ... dh.

I'm ramping down teaching, but will probably feel I shouldn't take a longer break. Then once prek summer camp starts, I'll probably feel like the break wasn't long enough. Then I'll have a real month off, but will have classes to write and adjust, but no money. What a conundrum.

In good news, I've paid off almost $2k in debt. By myself. And still paid the bills. Mostly by myself. I'm ahead of schedule.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Four years ago, I asked shared with ya'll an idea about teaching Spanish to non-native speakers and asked your opinions. Today, I have several successful series of Spanish classes, and a nice following on my facebook business page (which is the only reason why I can't leave). Just wanted to thank you all for your support.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

22 minutes ago, Renai said:

Four years ago, I asked shared with ya'll an idea about teaching Spanish to non-native speakers and asked your opinions. Today, I have several successful series of Spanish classes, and a nice following on my facebook business page (which is the only reason why I can't leave). Just wanted to thank you all for your support.

We always knew you could do it. You are an amazing woman.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Also, I looked it up, and there is no official regulation on how many ukuleles a person is allowed to own.

Hmmm, I wouldn’t be so sure. You’d better check with Whitehawk on that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

We had a yummy dinner.... pork loin, creamy au gratin potatoes and peas. And I got another good cantaloupe at Save Mart. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

We had a yummy dinner.... pork loin, creamy au gratin potatoes and peas. And I got another good cantaloupe at Save Mart. 

I bought Sonic. On the business account. Because tired.

Good night!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

So should I do my zoom appointment in pjs or pantz?

I should make some jam.  The kids are complaining about store-bought stuff. I have strawberries and concord grape juice/pulp that I juiced and froze.  Some peach would be nice, too, if I can find some good peaches.

I hope you chose pantz. 

Did I tell you guys about the zoom meeting that dh was having with a doctor?  (Not a medical appointment. His job involves teaching doctors things.). Anyway, the doctor’s laptop slipped and dh could see that he was just wearing underpantz!!

• Haha 8

Good Morning Wednesday. Coffee’s almost gone!  
Renai is awesome! 🏆🎉🏆🎉

(((Critter))) needs the bunny slippers! 💓

Hooray!  Slache said covid is over!  🤣

Susan needs pantz and another ukulele!  👖🎸🪕🤣

• Haha 3

Good morning! Coffee is flowing. Covid is definitely NOT over. We are still required to wear face masks in public here and Covid testing is required 48hrs prior to any outpatient procedure. Dr appts are either done over the phone or very carefully scheduled to be as contactless as possible IRL. As in calling from your car to let them know when you arrive and they call you back when it's your turn so no sitting/ waiting in a waiting room at all.

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 4

Good Morning!

Happy Wednesday!

I slept from 5 a.m. to 8:30 a.m.

• Sad 5

9 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Pork loin recipe needed!  I was planning to make pork loin for dinner because dd21 (vegetarian) will be working tonight.

• Like 3

Good morning!  

Renai! 🎖

Junie's an outlaw! 

I chose pantz.  But probably the wrong pantz because I was too lazy to change out of jeans before doing the yoga stretches and now my hip is out of whack.  Or is it usual for Hips to go out of whack after yoga?

Coffee!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Junie's an outlaw! 

Apparently there's going to be even more law breaking today.  (And, for the record, I blame dh for missing last night's curfew.) 😉

Our state guidelines (which we have followed from the beginning) limit gatherings of any kind to no more than 10.  Well, dd17's best friends (sisters) and their family are planning to stop by this morning to yell goodbye to her.  We are planning to keep our family on the porch and friends on the sidewalk.  However, there are seven of us at home, so any group of more than three technically is not allowed.

The guidelines are changing in a few days to groups of no more than 50.  I'm going to consider myself a trendsetter rather than a law breaker.*

*Actually, I would really rather just continue following the guidelines, but I am making an exception for dd17 since she is leaving before the guidelines change. 

Edited by Junie
  • Like 6

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Humph Day!!!

It’s gonna be a hot one today!, and tomorrow will be even worse.

School and work today. Last day of school is June 11. We are on duty until the end of June and then we get July off.  To,Orr is DD’s promotion from 8th grade. It will be at the school’s stadium, we have assigned seats, masks and gloves will be available, but not required. It’s supposed to be 105 degrees tomorrow. They told us to bring lots of water and blankets to put down on the bleachers so we don’t fry our behinds.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Pork loin recipe needed!  I was planning to make pork loin for dinner because dd21 (vegetarian) will be working tonight.

Go to the store. Buy premarinated pork loin. Bake according to package directions.🤣

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

Oh, Krissi that reminds me...

What is the name of the cookbook that your little girlie is using?  

• Like 2

I chose shortz. 

Other than that, I'm reading through a tone of books to finish them before Libby yanks them out of my hot little hands, and writing.

Recent reads of general interest: For some reason, I ended up with back to back time travel books. The Time Traveler's Wife is very good. It is sad. It is very character driven which means if you are looking for an actual plot--you are probably going to be disappointed. Still, very good character driven story.

The second is Here, Then and Now. This one is shorter, very approachable, and there's a very clear plot. Lots of science but it's not the kind of science-science fiction that overwhelms. Basic idea is that a secret time travel agent gets stuck in the past, has a family. He's recovered by his future team, and must risk his life to get back to the past to save his daughter. Good stuff.

• Like 6

Good morning!  I'm here, having coffee still.  I got up at my regular time, let the chickens out and fed them, then went back to the couch and fell asleep again.  So I'm a little behind.  Dh just went to the school to cheer on the seniors driving through.  Two grandkids are here til Friday.  I guess I will get dressed soon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Oh, Krissi that reminds me...

What is the name of the cookbook that your little girlie is using?  

The Children’s Baking Book published by DK.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning.  I'm late with my update today since it's now AFTER my workout instead of before.    I didn't have a great nights sleep because a really loud thunderstorm with torrential rain came through around 2am.    I was worried about my seedlings but I checked this morning and they seem fine.  

Our workouts are now walking for 1 1/2 miles, doing a daily strength training workout that dd bought a book - abs every day, alternating upper and lower body with resistance bands, then maybe some yoga and/or stretching.  I'm really enjoying it a lot.  I'm feeling better (faster....stronger).  

Now I"m waiting for my algebra session to start in 8 minutes, so I better go sign in to Zoom.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

I chose shortz. 

Other than that, I'm reading through a tone of books to finish them before Libby yanks them out of my hot little hands, and writing.

Recent reads of general interest: For some reason, I ended up with back to back time travel books. The Time Traveler's Wife is very good. It is sad. It is very character driven which means if you are looking for an actual plot--you are probably going to be disappointed. Still, very good character driven story.

The second is Here, Then and Now. This one is shorter, very approachable, and there's a very clear plot. Lots of science but it's not the kind of science-science fiction that overwhelms. Basic idea is that a secret time travel agent gets stuck in the past, has a family. He's recovered by his future team, and must risk his life to get back to the past to save his daughter. Good stuff.

Oh, I might like the first one.  All character and no plot is my fav!

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

The Children’s Baking Book published by DK.

I searched for this on Amazon (just to put in my wish list for now) and it didn't come up at first.  I think I ended up doing a google search to make amazon show it to me.  

38 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Good Morning.  I'm late with my update today since it's now AFTER my workout instead of before.    I didn't have a great nights sleep because a really loud thunderstorm with torrential rain came through around 2am.    I was worried about my seedlings but I checked this morning and they seem fine.  

Our workouts are now walking for 1 1/2 miles, doing a daily strength training workout that dd bought a book - abs every day, alternating upper and lower body with resistance bands, then maybe some yoga and/or stretching.  I'm really enjoying it a lot.  I'm feeling better (faster....stronger).  

Now I"m waiting for my algebra session to start in 8 minutes, so I better go sign in to Zoom.

Wow!  Good job with the workouts!!

• Like 2

The kids' outdoor time today was spent at the city park drawing on the paved road/path with chalk.  They made a giant hopscotch and drew a few random characters, mugs of coffee(?), and random designs.

Now ds15 is making macaroni and cheese for lunch and I am lazing about.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

First, we pantz.

3 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

I chose shortz. 

I chose a long skirt. I feel like a gigantic cartoonish beach ball with chicken arms and legs wearing shorts and the belly panel on preggy pantz ain't happenin today!

• Haha 3