Menu

Ignore this thread!

3 minutes ago, Slache said:

Dream of having cats teach children to read on the kitchen counters.

A few weeks ago I dreamt that we had a pet cat who could get water out of the dispenser on the fridge.

Since all of my kids can read, maybe they can teach the cat...

• Haha 2

I have told my kids that I will know how much they love me by whether they have pet cats or not.

The chat board is always talking about setting boundaries with parents/grandparents.  If they want me to stay away, all they have to do is get a cat -- the message will be loud and clear. 😉

2 minutes ago, Junie said:

I have told my kids that I will know how much they love me by whether they have pet cats or not.

The chat board is always talking about setting boundaries with parents/grandparents.  If they want me to stay away, all they have to do is get a cat -- the message will be loud and clear. 😉

Are you allergic? I am not a cat person, but he's sweet. 

12 minutes ago, Slache said:

Are you allergic? I am not a cat person, but he's sweet. 

So very allergic.  I usually get completely stuffed up and sometimes have trouble breathing within a minute or two of being in a house that has a cat.

Edited by Junie
  • Sad 3

We went to visit my FIL one time and immediately upon walking into the house I whispered to my dh that the outdoor cat had been in the house.  My dh said that his dad would never do that  -- that the cat was strictly an outdoor cat.  A few days later, we heard FIL telling the cat that she could eat in the kitchen today because it was raining.  I just looked at dh and didn't even need to say "I told you so!".

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Tuesday!!!

Funeral is today. I need to organize my thoughts a bit. I don’t mind terribly speaking in front of people, but it still makes me a bit nervous.

I *almost* spoke at my dad's funeral, but I decided that the best thing for my mom was to get the service over as soon as possible.  She had been in complete denial about the status of his health and was shocked when he passed away.

Praying for you, Krissi.

• Like 5

Morning. Contemplating the future--which is a really bad idea unless properly caffeinated. 10/10 do not recommend.

Other than that, it's hot, I'm writing, and wrangling cats. I dreamed about kittens, but we weren't teaching them to read. They were just everywhere.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

So yesterday someone posted a picture of a bobcat on Nextdoor, calling it a cougar.  Much arguing ensued.  Someone sent the picture to Fish and Wildlife, who confirmed that it is a bobcat.  They are still arguing about it on Nextdoor. . . .

I wouldn't know the difference.  I don't think I've ever seen either.

• Like 1

Just now, Junie said:

I wouldn't know the difference.  I don't think I've ever seen either.

Bobcat:  Short (bobbed) tail

Fluffy face

Spots (somewhere though not always all over)

Smaller (though they can get bigger than people think)

Much more common to see around here because they are more communal and have a smaller range

Cougar:  Long tail

Chiseled face

No spots though they can have black markings on the face and ears

Much much bigger

Much less common because they are very solitary and have a very big range of territory

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We definitely have bobcats roaming my neighborhood.  Cougar have been seen in the area but I don't know how lately.  

I can tell them apart because I used to be a docent at a zoo and we had both.  One older female cougar loved to have the docents reach over and scratch behind her ears (there was a corner by a fence where you could reach over and she'd come when she saw someone there).   I have a picture of me and my oldest daughter playing with the bobcats when they were kittens and first arrived at the zoo. 

• Like 3

Hello, Happy Tuesday.  Didn't get on in the morning again because I headed in early to clean again.  

Today went okay.  We injected brains (jello) with serums (colored water colors) as we learned about the parts of the brain and what they control (and what damage to would make someone act like a zombie).   Then made stress balls out of orbeez and balloons.  

Afternoon class made ziplines to send messages during the apocalypse.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We have many bobcats. I've seen them in the woods and crossing our road. We even have a cat disease transmitted by bobcats and ticks here. 

We have mountain lions, but we don't talk about it. They sometimes pass through, but they aren't numerous, and we can't exactly say they "live" here.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

We have many bobcats. I've seen them in the woods and crossing our road. We even have a cat disease transmitted by bobcats and ticks here. 

We have mountain lions, but we don't talk about it. They sometimes pass through, but they aren't numerous, and we can't exactly say they "live" here.

I live next to Cougar Mountain.  Where the bobcat was.  (He didn't know that it isn't called Bobcat Mountain). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 8/9/2021 at 7:27 AM, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Monday!!😩😩😩😩😩

Hot and smoky today!!! We’re getting smoke from the Dixie fire, waaaay up north.

Staff meeting today and then the kids and I will help Mom set up tables for the funeral.

Angi, thank you for the update. Continuing to pray for the family.

We got Dixie fire smoke, waaay waaay to the east of us. I didn't leave the house yesterday because it had been so bad I needed my inhaler. Masks are in style now, so I have more than one reason to wear one.

Praying for Susan's family.

• Like 6

The funeral was very nice. Well attended by family and old friends. It was good to see people, unfortunately, I don’t people well, so it was kind of hard. And my mom told me I needed to make the rounds. I “made the rounds” as best I could. I think it was a fitting tribute to my dad’s life and pastor hit a home run with the sermon. Totally gospel centered, which is what my dad would have wanted. And we served Chile verde for lunch, which was my dad’s favorite.

• Like 9

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Humph Day (I think)

Up early this morning, hitting the ground running. First day of school for oldest DD. She’s a sophomore. Svengo. I’m taking her to school, then DSto the dentist and then hoping to make it home in time for a Zoom training for work. I have so much to do for work today. I took yesterday off for the funeral,  but today I have twice as much to do,

• Like 3
  • Sad 1