Menu

Ignore this thread!

16 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Neko was in a lot of pain tonight.  I think that his hips were out?  But the vet has checked them more than once and can't find anything wrong.  But I think that I will need to see if I can get him into the vet tomorrow - right when vets are slammed and don't have enough staff or appointment times. . . .

Is he on joint supplements? I don't know cats well, but most dogs begin to require them in their last 4 or 5 years to prevent pain. Miami is on Missing Link which we put on her food once a day. It's kept in the fridge, she likes it and it's $30/mo.

• Like 2

Just now, Slache said:

Is he on joint supplements? I don't know cats well, but most dogs begin to require them in their last 4 or 5 years to prevent pain. Miami is on Missing Link which we put on her food once a day. It's kept in the fridge, she likes it and it's $30/mo.

In the past, the doctors thought that it wasn't his joints but his bladder.  He has been on medicine for that.  And he has pumpkin added to his food morning and night.  But the last time I took him in, the doctor found nothing wrong with his joints and nothing wrong with his bladder.  So I've been just trying to monitor him on my own.  But tonight's pain has made that not a good idea anymore. . . .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

In the past, the doctors thought that it wasn't his joints but his bladder.  He has been on medicine for that.  And he has pumpkin added to his food morning and night.  But the last time I took him in, the doctor found nothing wrong with his joints and nothing wrong with his bladder.  So I've been just trying to monitor him on my own.  But tonight's pain has made that not a good idea anymore. . . .

I'm sorry.

What is the point of the pumpkin?

Morning.

Oldest dd was on a business trip in Virginia and came home last night.  Her first flight was delayed, she got a later flight going to the wrong airport (but only 10 miles from the right airport).  She called me in the middle of the night when she got in because the shuttles weren't running, texted when she got to her car (parking garage) and was supposed to text when she got home but hasn't.  She should have gotten home about 2am, I called and her phone went right to voice mail. 

Odds are good that she just got home and forgot to text and went to sleep.   But of course I'm going to worry until I hear from her.   If I didn't have camp, I'd be driving up to check on her.   

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 5

Oh, I just remembered something I need to do -- switch out my purse.

My purse that I love had a strap break.  I'm not sure if it can be repaired, but I need to take all of the stuff out of it so that dd16 can take a look at it.

It's a lovely, simple black Banana Republic tote/purse that I bought at a yard sale over a decade ago -- for $1.  It was definitely a dollar well spent. :)

• Thanks 5

I heard from dd.  She ended up going to her boyfriends house and going right to sleep.  He lives about halfway between the airport and her apartment, so it was a shorter trip and she could get to sleep faster.  Her battery was dead after almost 18 hours in airports and on planes. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Neko update.  Dh (who is a human RN but still does have some insight into animal anatomy) says that his hips go out of socket.  I don't know that there is anything to do for him short of surgery.  But Google says that anti-inflammatories etc. might help. 

Has he had hip radiographs? They might show he has dysplasia. It's not looked for in cats as often as it should be. I've had two cats with hip pain. One of them was from a vertebral fracture in her kittenhood that caused her hips to more or less drop. The other was likely dysplasia. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Has he had hip radiographs? They might show he has dysplasia. It's not looked for in cats as often as it should be. I've had two cats with hip pain. One of them was from a vertebral fracture in her kittenhood that caused her hips to more or less drop. The other was likely dysplasia. 

I am 99% sure that it is hip dysplasia. He’s had it for years. It’s getting worse with age. 

• Sad 2

So I have decided that I would not be a good fit for local government.  (People have tried to talk me into running.)  But I get super twitchy around stupid people.  Tonight it was the conspiracy theorists who were yelling at the meeting.  (Nothing to do with the normal conspiracies - this had to do with subdivision plans. . . .  )  At least if you're going to have a conspiracy theory, make it an interesting one!  One man was laughing because I could not control my eye rolls on Zoom. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Good morning!  Happy Friday the 13th!

It's been a very rocky week.  There will be more rocky-ness.  But I slept for a few hours last night (yay melatonin) and am feeling almost normal and relatively sane.  Dh is still critical but stable at this point.  I have discovered the joys of dealing with a corporate benefits company.  So much "what is going on here?" with that.

We are being well cared for by our community and the love and prayers from you all and others.  I appreciate it so much!

Some friends have offered to pick up The Youngers and bring them to the pool for a while this afternoon, and Dd18 has convocation ceremony tonight, which should be very nice.

Coffee!

• Like 10

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!

Friday!!!

Hot!!🔥☀️😩🔥☀️😩☀️😩🔥🔥☀️☀️😩☀️☀️🔥🔥😩

Work today!!!  Work is going to be insane this year. Our state legislature, in all its infinite wisdom, passed AB130 recently and it placed all these stupid requirements. I don’t even want to discuss it.  I don’t know who voted these people into office.

Anyhow, it is Friday and I am happy. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

So I have decided that I would not be a good fit for local government.  (People have tried to talk me into running.)  But I get super twitchy around stupid people.  Tonight it was the conspiracy theorists who were yelling at the meeting.  (Nothing to do with the normal conspiracies - this had to do with subdivision plans. . . .  )  At least if you're going to have a conspiracy theory, make it an interesting one!  One man was laughing because I could not control my eye rolls on Zoom. 

Conspiracy theories about subdivisions? 🙄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good Morning!

Happy Friday (the 13th).

Today got a late start.

I woke up early enough, but I wasn't quite ready to get up.  So, I stayed in bed and prayed for Susan's dh. 

I fell asleep while praying and dreamed of Susan and her family.  My dh and I travelled to go meet up with Susan and her kids while her dh is in the hospital.  Things started to get a little bit weird.  I went to give Susan a hug, but instead of a person, she was a book. :)  (No, I don't remember what book.  Yes, I hugged Book Susan.)  Her kids were playing guitar (I think -- some stringed instrument without a bow) and baking items to have a bake sale to pay for their dad's medical treatment.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Friday (the 13th).

Today got a late start.

I woke up early enough, but I wasn't quite ready to get up.  So, I stayed in bed and prayed for Susan's dh. 

I fell asleep while praying and dreamed of Susan and her family.  My dh and I travelled to go meet up with Susan and her kids while her dh is in the hospital.  Things started to get a little bit weird.  I went to give Susan a hug, but instead of a person, she was a book. 🙂 (No, I don't remember what book.  Yes, I hugged Book Susan.)  Her kids were playing guitar (I think -- some stringed instrument without a bow) and baking items to have a bake sale to pay for their dad's medical treatment.

They have a harp!

• Like 3