Menu

Ignore this thread!

2 hours ago, Junie said:

Not my dentist, but it looked like a pretty good chart.

My kids have been losing teeth a lot recently.  I'm not sure how many permanent teeth they have.  It's not really something that I keep track of.

I don’t keep track of that, either. I don’t keep track of much, to tell the truth. I don’t really have a head for details.

• Like 2

Morning.  I slept like crap again.  Not sure what the issue is.  My first real period in three years?  The heat and humidity? (I thought I was getting hot flashes but dh said he was really hot last night too).  Bad air quality due to western fires? (I know it's way worse for them).   If I knew, I might be able to do something to fix it.

Also woke up with my ankle (that hasn't hurt in months) killing me.  So I'm wearing a brace again today.  And I'll try and sit down more.  

I'm very very very VERY glad I only did every other week camps.   I mainly did it because I wasn't sure camps would get enough enrollment to be worth it (silly me), but also because I had a lot to get done this summer with everyone's moves.   Next week my mother loads up a pod for her move, I'm moving into a storage area in my building and reorganizing my class spaces, dh is meeting with an architect about the addition we are doing at home.  

Okay, I think I'm done whining.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

I'm actually enjoying the camps.  The kids are great, and these are fun themes that I've done before.  While I'm there, the days go fast and I'm having a great time.   It's when I get home and sit it all catches up and then the mornings are rough.  

I'm very glad I have help.  

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Krissi just likes men.  😉 

Well, yeah. Always gotta find someone to crush on at these things.

oooh, a Booya/h!! It’s a “Crushing on Athletes Young Enough to be My Son” Booya/h!!🤣🤣🤣

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

John has one 3rd molar/wisdom tooth, the other two have 1st molars only. I think Mary did everything on schedule and Alex is doing things ahead. More evidence that she was switched at the hospital.

The tooth is barely there and doesn't hurt. I'm waiting on a call back from a free clinic to have him looked at.

Matt's grandpa had 3 sets of molars. :blink:

• Like 4

I'm already exited about Christmas. That's new for me. What year is it?

I think Imma use Getting Started With Latin. There's even a pronunciation app now. Hmmm...

Aren't you guys glad I can get to ITT so that I can post everything you never needed to know all day long? Like how Matt's grandparent's best friends bought a house with a car in it and the car turned out to be a gift from Henry Ford to Mickey Rooney and his grandson tracked it down and bought the car from them. That's a thing you know now, because of me. You're welcome.

• Thanks 4

48 minutes ago, Slache said:

I think Imma use Getting Started With Latin. There's even a pronunciation app now. Hmmm...

Aren't you guys glad I can get to ITT so that I can post everything you never needed to know all day long? Like how Matt's grandparent's best friends bought a house with a car in it and the car turned out to be a gift from Henry Ford to Mickey Rooney and his grandson tracked it down and bought the car from them. That's a thing you know now, because of me. You're welcome.

Yes! And thank you very much!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

Of course we’re glad. We’ve missed you terribly. You are the little sister I never had.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Slache said:

How are the Olympics?

Very scattered. I actually don’t watch much during the day. I watch in the evenings and it seems like a little of this and a little of that. I like rugby. Last night I saw people kayaking down the rapids. That was…. boring.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Very scattered. I actually don’t watch much during the day. I watch in the evenings and it seems like a little of this and a little of that. I like rugby. Last night I saw people kayaking down the rapids. That was…. boring.

I like kayaking. I don't really like watching anything. Dancing, figure skating and gymnastics. I don't appreciate most sports. I saw a meme "They should put one regular person, and one regular fit person in the Olympics so we can see the difference." I would like that. But dancing, figure skating and gymnastics are beautiful.

• Like 4

I am listening to Latvia take gold in the men's 3 x 3 basketball competition.  I don't know why I really have it on but every now and then they do have an update on something interesting. 

But what I'm really supposed to be doing is figuring out how to squish my lessons which I wrote for one week, into one day. . .    What to keep?  What to toss? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Good morning!

Today is my oldest daughter's 23rd birthday!

I think my least favorite aunt is finally thinking about making her departure.  It's supposed to be hot today - almost 100*.  A nice balmy day if you are Krissi, lol.  

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday Eve!!!

I don’t know what I’m doing today!! Work stuff, as always. I need to get ready for the new school year with my kids. I ordered Beautiful Feet Geography for the girls. I have no idea how to fit that in, especially since I am supposed to be streamlining this year, but it looked so good. I’m a wreck.

• Like 4

Ugh. Morning. It is trying to kill me. 

Exhibit A: After cleaning up after the kittens, I went to move the fan to dry their floor, and fell on the stairs. I'm not sure there's a joint I didn't jam. Several nasty bruises and minor cuts.

Exhibit B: After cleaning up myself after my fall, I tried to drink my morning caffeine and spilled it everywhere because my hand hurt so bad it shook when I lifted the cup. Poured it all over the television remotes. 

After that, took a shower and thankfully didn't fall in there, took half a muscle relaxer, realized I'd have to drive into town for ice for the chickens, and went and did that and almost fell backward off the ice platform there.

But per ITT regs, I did not die.

I think I want to stay in my room and not come out for the rest of the day. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 6

2 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Ugh. Morning. It is trying to kill me. 

Exhibit A: After cleaning up after the kittens, I went to move the fan to dry their floor, and fell on the stairs. I'm not sure there's a joint I didn't jam. Several nasty bruises and minor cuts.

Exhibit B: After cleaning up myself after my fall, I tried to drink my morning caffeine and spilled it everywhere because my hand hurt so bad it shook when I lifted the cup. Poured it all over the television remotes. 

After that, took a shower and thankfully didn't fall in there, took half a muscle relaxer, realized I'd have to drive into town for ice for the chickens, and went and did that and almost fell backward off the ice platform there.

But per ITT regs, I did not die.

I think I want to stay in my room and not come out for the rest of the day. Thanks.

((Critter)) You do need to stay in your room the rest of the day and recover. But just make sure you check in with us so we can make sympathetic noises and send you gentle hugs from afar!!

• Like 2

I keep having tiny panic attacks because I feel like I am forgetting something but I don’t know what it is. I will think, “I forgot to pick up Baby from camp”,  but no, that is tomorrow morning. I’m usually good at putting things on the calendar, and there is nothing there, so I have to assume I am fine.

• Sad 2

On 7/27/2021 at 11:47 AM, Susan in TN said:

I'm not sure how I could watch them.  We don't have TV.  Only netflix and amazon.  Prolly it's on the internet somewhere?

YouTube and Peacock.

16 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I am listening to Latvia take gold in the men's 3 x 3 basketball competition.  I don't know why I really have it on but every now and then they do have an update on something interesting. 

But what I'm really supposed to be doing is figuring out how to squish my lessons which I wrote for one week, into one day. . .    What to keep?  What to toss? 

I had that lesson plan issue every week with my 1x weekly prek class. I did a 3x weekly class Tues-Thurs, then chose from those classes for the 1x weekly on Friday. It's hard when everything is so good!

11 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

A year ago, dd14 made a little birdhouse out of a coffee can and attached it to our maple tree.  A few days ago, four baby Carolina Wrens were hatched!

How did she make a birdhouse out of a coffee can? Are there instructions somewhere?

20 hours ago, Slache said:

No, I don't like kayaking. I like the places a kayak will take me. 

Here, this is funny:

https://www.countryliving.com/life/g4580/signs-you-grew-up-american/

So, I didn't grow up anywhere. I identified more with Georgia (3/3), which is where my mom is from but I never lived there. Second was New Mexico (2/3), then Texas (1/3). I also got 1/3 for Alabama, where I spent most of my childhood. I got 0 for 0 for Ohio, where I was born, but only spent 4 years total of my life.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Renai said:

So, I didn't grow up anywhere. I identified more with Georgia (3/3), which is where my mom is from but I never lived there. Second was New Mexico (2/3), then Texas (1/3). I also got 1/3 for Alabama, where I spent most of my childhood. I got 0 for 0 for Ohio, where I was born, but only spent 4 years total of my life.

California (birth to 15) 3/3, Oregon (15-18, 24-34) 2/3, Louisiana (18-19) 2/3, Ohio (19-24) 1/3, and Texas 2/3.

I will send you buckeyes next time I'm in Ohio. They have a good chocolate to peanut butter ratio.

Edited by Slache
  • Thanks 1