Menu

Ignore this thread!

1 minute ago, Junie said:

Pretty sure it wasn't a harp.  I think it was on the front porch steps.  Maybe a mandolin?  I usually don't repeat dreams, but if this one happens again I'll pay closer attention. 🙂

I know they have one of those. And guitars and I think a banjo. I love their music room. Go in there next time.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Slache said:

I know they have one of those. And guitars and I think a banjo. I love their music room. Go in there next time.

I've not seen the music room, so I couldn't dream it.

Susan posted Halloween pictures of the front porch one time, so my brain had a visual to work from.

• Like 2

Well, Neko most likely has cancer in addition to whatever orthopedic issues he had. I am not surprised. I was suspecting it. Vet is supposed to call tomorrow. 

in the meantime I am supposed to mix Dasuquin in his wet food (easy) and squirt gabapentin in his mouth (not easy even if I burrito wrap him). Does anyone like Critter know if I can mix the liquid gabapentin in his wet food too?  I will ask the vet as well. 

• Sad 7

15 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Heat makes me crabby.  Or maybe crabbier.  (slinking away guy)

I miss the slinking away guy. . .   and the toe tapping guy. . .   and svengo . . . and the saluting guy. . .

I miss all those guys, too!!

Oooh, I got a Booya/h for that. It’s a “Missing Cool Emojis” Booya/h.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have to go to the Afsa one of these days.  I'm waiting until Monday when it won't be so busy. 

Dh and I worked at the science center today.  He moved a tv, installed white boards, tried to put a new closing thingy on the door (it slams too fast), and has cameras to install.   I worked upstairs trying to organize the massive amounts of stuff I have.   I did a bunch but still have a lot to do.  

Tomorrow is a relaxing day.  We're heading to the lake since it won't be super hot for swimming and kayaking, then my mom is coming over for dinner.  Oldest dd is supposed to be here doing laundry all day.  

I have next week to clean the science center public areas and mostly finish organizing the upstairs.  And I'd like to clean my house a little bit, it's been neglected to long.  

Then one more week of camp and I'm done for this summer.  I'll have two weeks before classes start but a TON of work finalizing class plans and setting up school for the kids in those two weeks.  

I can't believe how fast this summer went.  It didn't go the way I wanted at all.  All the routines I wanted to start, the planning I wanted to do, the cleaning and organizing at home.  NONE of it.   It wasn't completely my fault, I spent most of my "off" weeks helping my mother and daughter pack and move, but it's still really disappointing. 

• Like 4

You know, Toto, I feel the same way about this summer. I just got through it. Yeah, it was busy and we did take a couple of trips and then with my dad’s passing and all, but I didn’t get so much as a closet cleaned out. Usually I have all kinds of projects going and this summer, not a one. I wanted to repot all my succulents, didn’t get done. Nothing got done, nothing got organized.

• Like 4

Just talked with the snobby vet who took over after our beloved vet retired . She was actually nicer than normal. Neko’s knee caps are the issue- not his hips. Apparently very unusual in cats. His spleen is enlarged. She wants us to spend another $900 for an ultrasound and needle aspiration of the spleen for diagnostic purposes even though I explained that we would be doing palliative care only. I can guarantee you that Dh won’t want to. But I told her that we would discuss it and I would call on Monday.

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

12 minutes ago, Junie said:

@ikslo, how is your son liking school?

Well, we were notified Monday is the last day for schedule change requests.  I asked him if he wanted to make any changes, and he said no.  He says he has a VERY good schedule and he likes it. He got up every morning without complaint and I haven’t had to bug him to do his homework yet.  So I guess he’s liking it so far! Favorite class is Drafting and least favorite is Geometry (probably because it has been the class with the most homework so far). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 8/14/2021 at 1:29 AM, Jean in Newcastle said:

Well, Neko most likely has cancer in addition to whatever orthopedic issues he had. I am not surprised. I was suspecting it. Vet is supposed to call tomorrow. 

in the meantime I am supposed to mix Dasuquin in his wet food (easy) and squirt gabapentin in his mouth (not easy even if I burrito wrap him). Does anyone like Critter know if I can mix the liquid gabapentin in his wet food too?  I will ask the vet as well. 

I have not tried mixing Gaba with wet food. I would ask, and see about flavoring to make it mix better. 

Very sad about Neko. I lost my Cluny to cancer earlier this year.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I don't know if it will work on Gaba, but I recently had to give the two bone children cats metronidazole liquid for 10 days. That stuff is about as bad as it gets. The flavor we have is butternut. I don't know why that works so well, but it went down them very well without a lot of fighting. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!

Happy Sunday!

I woke up late, so I didn't have time to post here before zooming to the iglesia.  (I know, I know.  Priorities.)

Going back to online church in a few minutes for the next service.  I'm hoping to get my breakfast scarfed down before it starts.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, KrissiK said:

You know, Toto, I feel the same way about this summer. I just got through it. Yeah, it was busy and we did take a couple of trips and then with my dad’s passing and all, but I didn’t get so much as a closet cleaned out. Usually I have all kinds of projects going and this summer, not a one. I wanted to repot all my succulents, didn’t get done. Nothing got done, nothing got organized.

You reminded me I want to repot my aloe.  It has really shallow roots and it very heavy so keeps falling over and pulling out the roots.  I need to find a better pot and stabilize it.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

I don't know if it will work on Gaba, but I recently had to give the two bone children cats metronidazole liquid for 10 days. That stuff is about as bad as it gets. The flavor we have is butternut. I don't know why that works so well, but it went down them very well without a lot of fighting. 

Maybe this explains why Neko ate the food with gabapentin in it last night. I mix his food with pumpkin. I would assume that would give a flavor close to butternut. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Maybe this explains why Neko ate the food with gabapentin in it last night. I mix his food with pumpkin. I would assume that would give a flavor close to butternut. 

I'd say if that's the way he likes it, that's the best way to give it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Wouldn’t a thunderstorm mean that you didn’t need to water the plants to begin with?

It would! But it's like washing your car. The moment you do it, it starts raining. 

I am sorely disappointed the magic didn't work this time!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Hi friends - as hard as it is, I wanted to let you know that my dh, David, went home to be with his Savior in heaven yesterday afternoon.  His lungs were showing some improvement but his body was overcome by sepsis.  It happened very quickly, but my 3 oldest kids and I were allowed to be in the room with him while my parents waited outside the hospital with the 3 youngers.  We still trying to process it all, and it will be a long process, I'm sure.

Our pastors and church and community have surrounded us with love and support.  Thank you all for all your kind words and thoughts and prayers - they are helping sustain us.  ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

• Like 2
  • Sad 10