Menu

Ignore this thread!

20 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

We’re starting to get a dining room floor. 

Are you selling or just purtifying?

10 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

How fast does your hair grow?  

I was reading a book recently, just your basic romance.  The main character talked about taking two years to grow her hair to reach her bra strap, from chin length.    

That seems like a really long time to me.   My hair would grow from chin length to bra strap in less than a year.  I could go from chin length to waist length in two years.   

So, how fast does your hair grow?   Is slowly more typical and mine is just really fast?

Two years for me.

I've only had movers once and it was awful.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Slache said:

Are you selling or just purtifying?

Two years for me.

I've only had movers once and it was awful.

We’ve needed to do these renovations for 20 years but didn’t have the time or money before. I want to enjoy it a bit but eventually we will sell. 

My very thin hair doesn’t grow that quickly. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Tuesday!!!

Hot!,😩😩😩☀️☀️🔥🔥☀️☀️🔥🔥☀️☀️

Got woken up at 5:00am by #$&@# stupid squirrels running around on our roof. Sounded like a herd of @#$&# elephants running on top of me.

Going to the mortuary with my mom this morning. Lots and lots of stuff to do for work today, too.

• Like 3

Happy Tuesday.  Dd and I met to work out this morning.  Our usual walk around the hills and some yoga.  Because over 12,000 steps a day carrying crap around wasn't enough exercise for me.  

Actually the yoga felt really really good and I need to start doing that every day whether or not I meet dd.

• Like 5

Dd took dh's truck and dh took my car so I'm driving dd's car when I need to go out.  I'm not going over to mom's today.  I'm still annoyed but also she doesn't need my help.  Once dd moves the last of her stuff (in dh's truck), she's texting me and I'm meeting her at Bjs near her apartment so she can stock up on some stuff, then we'll switch cars and she'll take hers back and I'll take dh's. 

Then when dh gets off work, we'll go up to mom's and pick up the last of the stuff we are taking.   

This will all be over soon.

• Like 4

Dh's aunt and cousin are visiting MIL.   From Florida.  They are anti-vax and anti-mask and MIL was only able to get one Covid shot.   They were supposed to leave to stay somewhere else when dh was going down so he was only going to see them to go out to lunch (preferably outside).  Instead they just decided to stay longer, even though they were told they could only stay until today.  Now, evidently their flight was cancelled so they may be staying even longer.  So dh may be staying in a small house with them for 3 or 4 days.  I'm not happy.  Dh is vaccinated but he's also older and I don't like the idea of him having that much potential exposure.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Okay, where is that darn booya?   I am not going to lose it to Jean by one post again.  I think she's had two of the last three or something like that.

The board is making me wait.  Evidently I was posting too many posts too close together. 

ETA;  Ha!  I did it.  I got the booya.  It's a cheating for the booya, booya.

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

I'm still wondering about the hair growth thing.  Think I should do a wider poll on the Chat board?

Yes. I'm curious. 

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Toto is so competitive…

It's because of the Olympics.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Believe it or not, I'm considering CLE Reading for Oldest. Again. Why? Because of all the options, it appears to be the one that might actually get done and still accomplish the skills I'm looking for. It's CLE, R&S, or Novel Ties for some of the Notgrass literature books in From Adam to Us. I need a box curriculum for reading this year. Just letting him read lots of books isn't an option because Oldest won't look up or ask for the meaning of unknown words. Help!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

I'm still wondering about the hair growth thing.  Think I should do a wider poll on the Chat board?

I really can’t answer that question, because I have no idea. I do get my hair cut every six weeks and it seems like she takes about a half an inch off every time.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I really can’t answer that question, because I have no idea. I do get my hair cut every six weeks and it seems like she takes about a half an inch off every time.

I think I’m similar. 

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I’m back. Went to the mortuary with my mom and got all the death certificate stuff dealt with. I didn’t know all the stuff that went along with dying.  

Hugs! 💓💓

2 hours ago, Junie said:

Three quiches are in the oven. 🙂

Yummy!!

2 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

I needed a win today.

Yes you did!! 🏆

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I just refilled the bird feeder and the hummingbird feeder.  I have suet for the Flickers (a kind of big woodpecker) on my grocery list.  Doing bird "chores" makes me happy. 

Here in the Midwest they've been recommending people take down feeders because some illness is killing birds and is spread at feeders.  I've seen dead sparrows, but it might be affecting others, too.  Have you heard anything about that happening where you live?

4 minutes ago, klmama said:

Here in the Midwest they've been recommending people take down feeders because some illness is killing birds and is spread at feeders.  I've seen dead sparrows, but it might be affecting others, too.  Have you heard anything about that happening where you live?

At the start of the summer they asked us to take down feeders due to a salmonella outbreak. But about three weeks ago they told us that it was ok to put them out again. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

At the start of the summer they asked us to take down feeders due to a salmonella outbreak. But about three weeks ago they told us that it was ok to put them out again. 

Good. I hope that happens here, too.  

• Like 1

Morning.  I'm not sure what day it is anymore. 

I'm heading over to the science center to clean up, reorganize, take down things and move them to the storage area which I need to vacuum and set up the random shelving units and drawers that I got from my mom, and then figure out what is going to go where. 

Dh is heading to his moms this afternoon (so this must be Wednesday) and I need to sort out his laundry so he can pack.  It's clean (mostly) I just figured I'd throw all his in one basket so he can pull out what he needs.  

I have five days to completely redo the science center before camp starts again. 

• Like 4

Good Morning!

Happy Wednesday!

I did not sleep well.  I drank some Dr Pepper late yesterday afternoon to try to ward off a headache.  

We are completely out of milk, so I might stop by the grocery store after I take dd16 to work.  Or I might just wait until later in the week when we do our normal grocery pickup.

Zoom iglesia tonight.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I don’t like one of my crafts. I tried one version yesterday. It didn’t work for me and definitely wouldn’t work for little hands. I went to Joann’s fabrics today and got stuff for a second try. I got it to work but it’s tedious. Sigh. Plan C?  

What are you attempting? Sorry, I haven't had time to ketchup.

3 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

What are you attempting? Sorry, I haven't had time to ketchup.

It’s supposed to be a no-sew pillow. It has ties around it that you… tie. (Lol I was looking a synonym so I wouldn’t have to use the same word twice but couldn’t think of one!). I might try one more time tomorrow with different fabric. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

It’s supposed to be a no-sew pillow. It has ties around it that you… tie. (Lol I was looking a synonym so I wouldn’t have to use the same word twice but couldn’t think of one!). I might try one more time tomorrow with different fabric. 

I've always seen these with the thick astro-type fleece.    Tying can be rough for kids though, even if the material cooperates.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

We have a baby blanket that is (ahem) fastened this way. It's double tied and I second the fleece.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

That’s what I am realizing. 

I have seen them done with thicker "ties" and each tie has a hole in the middle and one tie goes through the hole in the next tie, then that tie goes through the hole in the next one and so on and so on.  Seems easier for kids maybe. 

Here's one method:  https://www.adventuresofadiymom.com/2012/12/no-sew-fleece-blanket.html

Number 4 on this page is closer to the method I'm thinking of, but number 1 also looks pretty easy:  https://www.bagsoflove.com/blog/how-to-make-a-no-sew-blanket/

Here's a non-video version of No 1 from the previous link: https://littleragamuffin.com/no-sew-no-tie-quick-fleece-blanket/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a high school reunion in 3 years and while I didn't love high school we're using the excuse to go see our friends in Oregon. What do you guys think of this? There's nothing on the way up, but on the way down is Crater Lake, Redwood Park, San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, Grand Canyon and White Sands.

Screenshot_20210805-052102.png

• Like 1