Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning!

We played 2 new games yesterday - "Run Cowboy Run" and "5 Second Rule".  They were both a lot of fun.  Then we watched "A Christmas Story".

A college friend is coming over to say hi this morning and my brother and SIL are going sledding with us this afternoon.  Might snow a bit more today.

Coffee!

• Like 2

Dh just left to bring his mom back home.   He'll be back home tomorrow or Tuesday.   

I really REALLY need to cut down on the sugar.  I've been eating way too many cookies and candy and cakes, and it makes my joints ache.   Especially baked goods.  I can do good quality candy without too much trouble so I'll just have to stick with the Ferrero Roche and the Ghirardelli and Godiva, and leave the Hershey's and Reece's to dd.  😁

• Like 4

Morning. My foot is almost ready to start walking again, but it still hurts a bit too much at a light walk for me to say it's ready. Going to give it the day off and see what it's like tomorrow. It's the top of the foot in the bones, which is really strange. But my surface is very uneven and there's a lot of twisting and turning. Might start back on the asphalt and avoid the gravel for a few weeks.

Other than that, there is caffeine, year end assessments, and art today. Also writing. There's writing every day. It's how I thrive.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Morning. My foot is almost ready to start walking again, but it still hurts a bit too much at a light walk for me to say it's ready. Going to give it the day off and see what it's like tomorrow. It's the top of the foot in the bones, which is really strange. But my surface is very uneven and there's a lot of twisting and turning. Might start back on the asphalt and avoid the gravel for a few weeks.

Other than that, there is caffeine, year end assessments, and art today. Also writing. There's writing every day. It's how I thrive.

I'm impressed that you know how you thrive.  Some day I want to know how I thrive.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

I'm impressed that you know how you thrive.  Some day I want to know how I thrive.  

I wish I thrived on having a clean house, eating right, and exercising regularly. Sure would be healthier than spending all my time in fantasy-land. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So, today isn’t starting off all that great. Misty-cat threw up on the kitchen floor and the Afsa cancelled my grocery order. Well, I am not that disappointed about the Afsa. I made that order with some trepidation because they haven’t been all that reliable lately. Perhaps this was a sign. I guess I will go to Savemart instead sometime today. They are significantly more expensive and they do not carry Ezekiel bread, which the Afsa has, but they are much more convenient and they don’t make me mad.

oh wow, this is my third Booya/h in a row. Do I get a prize or something?? Should I make some kind of speech?? 

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Apparently the relief package isn't signed, signed. It has to go back through Congress. Still hoping for school soon.

41 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

How about I just send it to you when it's done? 

I would cry.

19 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

💕💕💕

Also this.

• Like 4

Morning.   It's Monday but definitely a vacation Monday.    I slept in until 9:30am, now I'm leisurely having my tea.    Dh is still at his moms until tomorrow.

On today's agenda:

Exercise - I tried some Tai Chi videos yesterday.  I can't do yoga at home because the dog "helps" so I'm hoping this will work to get some movement when I'm not at the science center.   Dd and I should be getting back to our morning yoga tomorrow.  

Take ornaments off the tree, maybe. I can't get the tree itself down without dh's help so I'm deciding if I feel like doing it or will just wait.

Work on classes.  I'm hoping to have most of the year planned out by the end of the week.

Work on school plans

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I went sledding. It was hardcore! 😂

AD519161-EC9A-4D3E-8355-933E14E62EA7.jpeg

Looks like fun! Can definitely tell you're not a Northerner, though. People here would think you're insane, and not for the unicorn sled or not wearing a hat, but for the lack of appropriate footwear! Ask me how I know. I've had many adventures/life lessons in becoming a true Northerner since moving here. 😂

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Crack me up, Oldest thinks he's soooo smart now because he figured out a pattern with equivalent fractions that I never learned in school. The lesson was supposed to be teaching him to multiply both the numerator and denominator by the same number to make an equivalent fraction. However, he figured out all he has to do is skip count and it works. So for the fraction 2/3: he skip counts by 2 on top and 3 on bottom. I ended up saying, "alright, give me an equivalent fraction for 63/88." Then I proceeded to teach him how to find the lowest equivalent fraction, too. 

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

Looks like fun! Can definitely tell you're not a Northerner, though. People here would think you're insane, and not for the unicorn sled or not wearing a hat, but for the lack of appropriate footwear! Ask me how I know. I've had many adventures/life lessons in becoming a true Northerner since moving here. 😂

Actually I grew up there, so definitely a Northerner, but since we were stuffing all 8 of us plus a dog into the van, I decided it wasn’t worth packing boots. I knew my trail shoes and 2 pairs of wool socks would keep my feet warm and dry. 😁

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Actually I grew up there, so definitely a Northerner, but since we were stuffing all 8 of us plus a dog into the van, I decided it wasn’t worth packing boots. I knew my trail shoes and 2 pairs of wool socks would keep my feet warm and dry. 😁

I never would've thought of that. All I've learned in 20 years is coat, hat, gloves, and rubber boots. Wool socks... Now that's just plumb genius!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/25/2020 at 6:28 PM, KrissiK said:

Car ride didn’t happen. That’s ok. I laid around, took a nap and finished Bonhoeffer. That book about did me in. I need some light-weight entertaining novel to balance me out. Whew.

I thought you were the one to mention Bonhoeffer. I'm still reading it - I'm about halfway through now, started it a couple of days ago.

• Like 2

Late this afternoon I was at the pharmacy getting prescriptions. My doctor had recommended that I get the shingles vaccine and so I asked about it. They said "how about now?" It wasn't what I was planning but I went ahead and got it. I have a bit of a sore arm but so far no other side effects. Of course most of the side effects of the vaccine are what I feel every single day with fibromyalgia so I might not know if I'm having side effects. . . .  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Renai said:

I thought you were the one to mention Bonhoeffer. I'm still reading it - I'm about halfway through now, started it a couple of days ago.

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

It took me about a month to read. Amazing book.

Yes, it was such a good book.  It took me quite a bit longer than a month to read it, though.  

• Like 3

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

Not sure what I'm going to get accomplished today.  My left wrist has been giving me grief and it makes it hard to do things.

I am able to make pretty good choices regarding stop/push when my ankles, feet, or knees are hurting, but I'm not sure where the stop/push point is when it's my wrist, hands, or shoulders.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 4

Morning.  I went and did yoga with dd this morning.  I wanted to do some walk videos as well but I'm extremely achy this morning.   I really need to stop eating all the candy.   I may try to do some Tai Chi later.

Dh should be home today.   He was trying to get his mom to agree to some have someone come in every week or few days to check on her and help with things and she refused.  

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Tuesday!!

I need to take the car in to get the tires checked, DH’s brother and family are coming over for a socially distanced visit in the back yard this afternoon. Still waiting on lab results. I think I am just going to call my doctor anyway. We are leaving for Utah tomorrow. I’m not feeling horrible, but not super great, either.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

Morning.  I went and did yoga with dd this morning.  I wanted to do some walk videos as well but I'm extremely achy this morning.   I really need to stop eating all the candy.   I may try to do some Tai Chi later.

Dh should be home today.   He was trying to get his mom to agree to some have someone come in every week or few days to check on her and help with things and she refused.  

Toto, I’m sorry you guys are having trouble with mil. DH’s parents are elderly and quite frankly need to be living in a retirement village, but they refuse. We keep telling them they need to while it is still in their terms, not when they have to go because mom fell, or dad got too sick to take care of her. My sil was paying for a housekeeper to come in every other week, but they let her go.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Toto, I’m sorry you guys are having trouble with mil. DH’s parents are elderly and quite frankly need to be living in a retirement village, but they refuse. We keep telling them they need to while it is still in their terms, not when they have to go because mom fell, or dad got too sick to take care of her. My sil was paying for a housekeeper to come in every other week, but they let her go.

We have resigned ourselves to the fact that my in-laws will never leave the mountain.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 1