Menu

Ignore this thread!

I have fabulous "hotel hair" once again.  Alas, it will soon be gone.

(We have hard water here - no water softener - and my hair is normally dull and mousy and frizzy. But when we stay at a hotel or anywhere with a water softener, I have fabulous hair at least for a little while.  😁)

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

I never would've thought of that. All I've learned in 20 years is coat, hat, gloves, and rubber boots. Wool socks... Now that's just plumb genius!

Wool socks are the BEST!  I wear them hiking in the summer heat, and I wear them hiking in the freezing snow.  They are ridiculously expensive, but so fabulous!  I even have a couple pairs of wool blend compression socks.

• Like 4

I have requested that everyone go to bed as soon as possible.  I need to fill Christmas stockings.  Plus we have been together in close quarters for 2 days.

Chester was so excited to be home, he was nearly dancing.

Which reminds me of a wonderful dog story.  My sister's dog, Lizzy, grew up living with her family at grandma and grandpa's house.  She puffy heart loves grandma!  They eventually moved across the country and didn't see grandma for over a year.  When grandma came to visit, Lizzy was barking at the doorbell, but when she saw who it was, she started crying and crying from sheer happiness.  ❤️

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I have requested that everyone go to bed as soon as possible.  I need to fill Christmas stockings.  Plus we have been together in close quarters for 2 days.

Chester was so excited to be home, he was nearly dancing.

Which reminds me of a wonderful dog story.  My sister's dog, Lizzy, grew up living with her family at grandma and grandpa's house.  She puffy heart loves grandma!  They eventually moved across the country and didn't see grandma for over a year.  When grandma came to visit, Lizzy was barking at the doorbell, but when she saw who it was, she started crying and crying from sheer happiness.  ❤️

😢😍❤️💓💞. Awwwww. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Junie said:

Yes, it was such a good book.  It took me quite a bit longer than a month to read it, though.  

I just now finished it. I skipped through most of the love letters and didn't read all of the talk and sermon at his memorial service.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

Not sure what I'm going to get accomplished today.  My left wrist has been giving me grief and it makes it hard to do things.

I am able to make pretty good choices regarding stop/push when my ankles, feet, or knees are hurting, but I'm not sure where the stop/push point is when it's my wrist, hands, or shoulders.

Xena was ready to throw in her loin cloth tonight before getting her step goal or the tiny vacuuming goal that she has set.  But then she had a small snack and was able to finish- not strong but at least finish.  Xena isn't very good at throwing in her loin cloth. . .

I probably won't sleep well tonight due to pain but I was already at that point prior to that so I might as well have something to show for it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Good morning!

Puppy has been taken on his morning constitutional. We will open Christmas stockings and some gifts that we didn’t bring on the trip and some that we forgot to bring. But after breakfast - I’m hungry!  I yhink the consumption of so much sugar and white flour over the past week has made me feel more hungry than usual.

Coffee!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Renai said:

I just now finished it. I skipped through most of the love letters and didn't read all of the talk and sermon at his memorial service.

I skipped the love letters, too. I felt like I was invading his privacy. I was wondering how he would have felt if he know the entire world would at some point be reading them.

• Like 3

I think I am going to start taking my Singulair in the morning instead of at night and see if it helps with the psychedelic dreams. I had a horrible cough since May. Finally in September I saw the allergist about it. She ran tons of tests, no avail. Finally I mentioned it to my GP and she started me on Singulair. Within a week it was gone. Except now I have psychedelic dreams, which is a not very common side effect of Singulair. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Morning.  Have a bloody nose that won't quit this morning.  My allergies have been acting up with the screwy weather, plus very dry air in our bedroom and I'm sure that's the reason.  

Today's agenda - stop at the science center to pick up some stuff to go into storage, my mom's to pick up a Christmas gift that came in, go work on my storage unit for an hour or so, home to work on classes.   Today isn't going to be bad, just cloudy, but the rest of the week is going to be rainy so I want to get the storage unit done.  

Edited by Wheres Toto
ETA: Didn't realize I got the booya 2 days ago.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I would really like someone to come to my house and help me figure out what to do with my living room.  We are ready to replace the sofa/loveseat/chair, light fixture (ceiling fan), and area rug.  And probably the side table and wall art.  We want to keep the coffee table, bookshelf, curtains, and wall color (sort of a sage green).

Can you hire people to do this, or does that only happen on TV shows?

I have been putzing around all day.  Kinda wrote the Christmas letter,  but will have to go back and edit later.  I am avoiding the Project that Must Be Done.  I.E., cleaning out and organizing my bathroom cabinet and drawers.  Alright alright I will go already.

Ready, Set, GO!

• Like 3

Nearly done!  I also cleaned out the medicine cabinet of doom.  I have some bins of misc. stuff to sort and put away and a couple of hair styling appliances to deal with.  Might put them in the girls' bathroom.  Who knows - maybe one of them will want to use a hair dryer some day.

I found a vial of eyedrops that expired in 1999.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I have 3 books lined up for the 2021 reading challenge: 

Christian Living - Living Into Focus by Arthur Boers   
Fruit of the Spirit in Title - Gentle and Lowly by Dane Ortlund (a gift from my pastor)   
Memoir - Notes From a Small Island by Bill Bryson  (It might not be a memoir exactly, but close enough for my standards.)

What should we have for dinner?  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I would really like someone to come to my house and help me figure out what to do with my living room.  We are ready to replace the sofa/loveseat/chair, light fixture (ceiling fan), and area rug.  And probably the side table and wall art.  We want to keep the coffee table, bookshelf, curtains, and wall color (sort of a sage green).

Can you hire people to do this, or does that only happen on TV shows?

I have been putzing around all day.  Kinda wrote the Christmas letter,  but will have to go back and edit later.  I am avoiding the Project that Must Be Done.  I.E., cleaning out and organizing my bathroom cabinet and drawers.  Alright alright I will go already.

Ready, Set, GO!

You can hire an interior decorator 

• Like 2

We arrived. We are in Utah. About 5 hours later than we wanted to because our car, which should have been finished at the tire place yesterday afternoon won’t be finished till tomorrow. Hmph. So, we rented a Dodge Grand Caravan. We wanted to leave around 7:00am. Ended up leaving at 12:30pm. But, it was a good drive, traffic was pretty heavy driving through the desert in Southeastern California, but DH is a good driver.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I have 3 books lined up for the 2021 reading challenge: 

Christian Living - Living Into Focus by Arthur Boers   
Fruit of the Spirit in Title - Gentle and Lowly by Dane Ortlund (a gift from my pastor)   
Memoir - Notes From a Small Island by Bill Bryson  (It might not be a memoir exactly, but close enough for my standards.)

What should we have for dinner?  

I'm working on my booklist. There are several I didn't plan on reading that I did read this year (like Green Ember series with Gymnast.), and several others I planned to read but didn't. And, now, you've added three more...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Good Morning!

Happy Thursday!

Happy last day of 2020!

I have to go out into the big germy world today.  Dd16 and dd18 are collaborating again to make another formal dress for dd18 while she's home from college.  They have to pick a fabric that dd18 likes that dd16 can work with.  Unfortunately, that can't really be done online.

I'm still on dh's laptop.  The room is looking really nice, but it's a a huge mess.  So much furniture and so many books to move around...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Good Morning!

Happy Thursday!

Happy last day of 2020!

I have to go out into the big germy world today.  Dd16 and dd18 are collaborating again to make another formal dress for dd18 while she's home from college.  They have to pick a fabric that dd18 likes that dd16 can work with.  Unfortunately, that can't really be done online.

I'm still on dh's laptop.  The room is looking really nice, but it's a a huge mess.  So much furniture and so many books to move around...

Happy shopping!  You can do it!

...and those confounded books!  Why MUST you have so many! Lol 😂

• Like 2

Good morning!  Happy New Year's Eve!

Hope your trip is wonderful, despite the bad start, Krissi!

I must go to Aldi and get foods and supplies and probably to Kroger for a couple things that Aldi doesn't carry.  Our NYE tradition is to eat a bunch of appetizers/junk food and play games and watch movies. So that's what we're doing.  If it stops raining we might go on a hike tomorrow.

Coffee!

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Well, we are in Utah. It is beautiful here. A little snow on the higher hills, or buttes or whatever they call them here. The Virgin River is meandering right through the backyard. I have to get on the recreation.gov website in 10 minutes to try to get tickets for the Zion shuttle. I think we will go to Bryce Canyon today.

• Like 4

Morning.  

Dh went out grocery shopping this morning, so we are all stocked up.  When he mentioned it yesterday I told him he was nuts to go grocery shopping on New Year's Eve.  But he went super early and was back long before I got up around 9am, so it wasn't bad.  Lobster and shrimp were on sale so I think we're having seafood for dinner tonight.   This is why I don't miss eating out, dh is an amazing cook and can cook just about anything.

Today is going to be exactly the same as yesterday, and the day before that, and the day before that.  Although there is some comfort in familiarity these days.   I do have to put away some laundry, but other than that it's science center and classes. 

Our new siding is here!  They are outside delivering it right now.  The date was changed about 7 times so we were wondering if it was ever going to get here.   Can't put it on until it warms up, but at least its here.    

• Like 4