Menu

Ignore this thread!

38 minutes ago, Slache said:

The meteor shower peaks tonight.

1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

Ooo, I wish we lived in a place with fewer clouds and less light.  We need to be in the Grand Canyon tonight.

And no mosquitoes.

I won't go outside in the afternoon or evening until it is much, much cooler.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

Here the breakfast burrito version is the size of a 10" plate and has refried beans in it plus the other stuff and is covered in yellow queso. Corn tortillas are reserved for street tacos and some enchiladas. I wonder if it's a Tex Mex thing? 

Tex Mex? Maybe. We call it sacrilegious.

1 hour ago, Junie said:

And no mosquitoes.

I won't go outside in the afternoon or evening until it is much, much cooler.

Mosquitos are insane here!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Ooo, I wish we lived in a place with fewer clouds and less light.  We need to be in the Grand Canyon tonight.

We have too much light here too.   It stinks.  But let's be honest, nothing was going to get me outside at 3am.  

Morning.  Workout with dd, algebra lessons, then home to do more laundry.   I'm tired and want to go back to bed.   Can't even blame it on a baby.  Up too late with a book.  And I didn't even finish it.

• Like 3

Good morning!

To help me not have to get out of bed with bad neck-shoulder, dh slept on the floor next to puppy's crate all night.  It worked - he was quiet until after 5.  Though I had to get up at 3am to take more ibuprofen and start the dishwasher, which I'd forgotten.  Didn't even think of looking outside at the sky.  It was probably cloudy.  Day 3 of school.  I will try really hard to get all the things done. I have a meeting with my health coach this afternoon and I think I'll go to Aldi after that instead of this morning and avoid having to go out twice.  

Coffee!

• Like 2

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Humph Day!!!

Busy!! I started another class on Monday. It’s overlapping with the one I already had going. That was not good planning on my part. Work has been difficult due to budget cuts. I’m just feeling a little overwhelmed and down.

I took DD to school yesterday for orientation. It was good, but she is at the age where the very fact that I exist is embarrassing to her.  I just roll my eyes.

Regarding boys and violence, I think it is very normal and I have no problem with it. I always make sure, though that the good guys win and it is not violence simply for the sake of violence, but rather a means to an end.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

I have been warned the sea is at severe hurricane threat level, so I am avoiding it and staying on the dry land of the ITT island. It is so nice here. How did I make it five years without discovering this place?!? Y'all are the best AND there are so many cool babies and grand babies I get to hear about. 🙂

I know, right?.? This is THE Happy Place!!

• Like 3

Afternoon. I'm cooking all the things. Salsa has been made, and a watermelon harvested. Now I'm making beef stew for dinner, and there will be cornbread because I want it. Also an apple pie because I want that too. Other than that, I'm revising and getting this manuscript ready to go for the autumn querying season.  Staying busy.

I haven't ordered anything for school yet. I suspect I'll need to wait until things have been restocked anyway, and you know, I might well have enough on my shelves to do without until mid-November anyway. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It was oldest dd's turn to go dress shopping today.  The sale rack was tiny compared to a month ago, but she still found 3 lovely dresses - all originally $100 - $150 on sale for $20 each - Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren and another brand I forget.  Fun, because we don't go shopping often.  And productive because dressing rooms are open at Macy's. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

While you all were post padding and having a dance party, I was taking dd22 to the clinic because of a severe eczema flare, being praised for my good work by my health coach, and shopping at TWO grocery stores!  In an effort to reduce the likelihood of my shoulder falling off, I had the kids bring in and put away the groceries.  Dinner is baked tomato sauerkraut and bratwurst.  Maybe we should have some garlic green beans.

• Thanks 1

Congratulations, ITT on 4000 pages of Awesome!

ITT Theme Song

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends

Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps

But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps.

I had no idea when I entered in

That what seems a little nuts might actually save me

From going insane on days that are crazy 🤗

This is the thread that never ends....

• Like 2

ITT

How happy this group has grown

Ramblin’ in this thread alone

Expressing one’s hope, another’s fear

Offered up for help to bear

Each member plays but one tiny part

Daily love to the others to impart

And members, in order to stay carefree,

Know not to go swimming in the sea.

(ikslo)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The nurse at the walk-in clinic today told dd22 that when she was dd's age, she had terrible eczema on her hands, but found a thing that helped immensely, but she couldn't remember the name of it.  Horse-something gel pill/capsule.  Might have been an herbal thing?  Ring a bell for anyone?