Menu

Ignore this thread!

13 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

I'm on my phone and have no clue what this is. Looks like 5 boxes with X's inside them. 😂

Same. Except I'm on the computer.

10 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I have a Moby wrap that I love. It has a learning curve at the beginning, but after practicing 2 or 3 times with the online tutorial, I've never had a problem. I like that it has a newborn safe way to wrap (hug hold) and I've found it more comfortable than other carriers I've tried.

Same. Except I bought this particular fabric at Hobby Lobby, cut in half lengthwise, and had two wraps for $16. I didn't even bother hemming it. They lasted until Gymnast was 3. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

Oh and I’m sorry I forgot you just went though the same. We did it under peer and family pressure who thought we were all nuts for me leaving career and being SAHM - we felt like we were doomed to fail the way everyone talked  for having three. It was popular on the circles we were in at the time to have one. Or none. So I did it out of fear that we had done something insane and would be forever frazzled and within 6 months I wanted another. That is why I regret it-  it’s probably the one time in adult life I caved to peer pressure. Then we started homeschooling and switched friend groups and with 3 barely quailify as parents, lol. But it is what it is. But I wasn’t staring at a health conundrum like you! So I hope my post didn’t come across mean or like a judgment. I just miss babies. I love them. Then at 18 months I am ready to send them off until they’re 3. 🙂 

No, not at all! I was just surprised at my reaction.

16 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Good morning! I love reading everyone's posts over coffee. It's like meeting up and chatting, only all in my head, lol. Wait, should I admit to hearing voices in my head?

Serious question: when you read, do you "hear" the voices? I've read that some do and some don't. I do, and it never occurred to me that other people maybe didn't. I guess there's the same kind of divide between people who see only words on the page and people who "see" what they're reading. Oh! I wonder if the people who "hear" are also the people who "see"?

It's been a good morning here so far. Broken sleep because Malachi thinks he needs to nurse all night like he's a baby or something, lol. But we went for donuts this morning, then to the farmer's market. No, the irony was not lost on me. Now I'm drinking coffee and watching Cheeto imitate Reader clapping and "talking" to you!

I'm loving my quotation marks this morning, lol.

I do hear voices. I've heard it's because teachers made us read out loud but I don't know if there's anything to that.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Good morning! I love reading everyone's posts over coffee. It's like meeting up and chatting, only all in my head, lol. Wait, should I admit to hearing voices in my head?

Serious question: when you read, do you "hear" the voices? I've read that some do and some don't. I do, and it never occurred to me that other people maybe didn't. I guess there's the same kind of divide between people who see only words on the page and people who "see" what they're reading. Oh! I wonder if the people who "hear" are also the people who "see"?

It's been a good morning here so far. Broken sleep because Malachi thinks he needs to nurse all night like he's a baby or something, lol. But we went for donuts this morning, then to the farmer's market. No, the irony was not lost on me. Now I'm drinking coffee and watching Cheeto imitate Reader clapping and "talking" to you!

I'm loving my quotation marks this morning, lol.

I hear the voices and picture the activity.    But I also make up stories in my head to help me fall asleep at night.

• Like 4

Morning.  I had to skip 3 pages of ITT because I was so far behind.   We finally got internet last night but our power is still out.  And it's super hot and humid today.    The electric company called and sent text that we were back on and I had to tell them NO WE WEREN'T.  Evidently it's not just us, it's the whole neighborhood.    We've had estimates for restoring all over the place, the latest were 11:30 last night, 2pm today, or by 11:30 Tuesday.     The kids are still staying at my mom's.   They are happy about the Wifi but decided they also want air conditioning.   Power is on at the science center so I'll head over there later to do some cleaning and organizing, then over to my mom's for a shower.   Despite the situation, I'm glad dh and I are sleeping at home.  My bed is MUCH more comfortable than my mom's couch, and I think it's probably easier for her to just have the kids to find a place for.   They aren't little - they're 13 and almost 15 - so they don't need much in the way of watching.  They basically are sitting on their tablets/computers all day.  Which sucks since this was supposed to be our "get back into a routine for school, chores, exercise, etc." week but circumstances changed all that and I just need to let it go.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

29 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

I hear the voices and picture the activity.    But I also make up stories in my head to help me fall asleep at night.

I'm so glad I'm not the only person here who does this.

Once I get through homeschooling I might be able to write a book series.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Hi!

I picture everyone’s face on a map if I know where you live (and what you look like. Otherwise just your avatar. )

Same.  I'm more visual so you are your avatar to me.  I don't hear you.  Good thing, I would get noise overload and complete overstimulation.  

We are home. Wonderful weekend with DD. Very intense, but the curriculum was very thorough (Passport2Purity by Family Life Today) and covered everything in a straightforward and matter of fact way that I never could have done myself. I ate waaaaay too much and spent too much $$, but I am so glad we did it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Spudater said:

We’ve had two diaper blowouts and one spitup so bad we had to wash her hair. I’m pooped too...🤪

The only one I really remember with DD was before we knew she had a milk allergy. We were at the Social Security office. I could barely find a semi clean place to change her and I got poop all over my shirt, so we had to go to Target and buy me new clothes before our other appointments.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ikslo said:

I’ll babysit once the child is a toddler.  I like that stage better.   The only thing I know how to do for the baby stage is stick ‘em on the b00b.  Probably don’t want me doing that. 😉😆

B00bs rule!

13 hours ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

Dh and I have had the book reading voices discussions for years. I do not hear them. He does. He said well then what do you hear?! I said nothing?! I don’t. We had to read aloud at my private school 1-8 grade. Looking back I can’t imagine what torture that was for kids who struggled. I always couldn’t wait to get to my paragraph though, lol. I was that kid. But I still don’t hear anything that I can figure in my head- even doing tons of reading aloud. And speeches. I still don’t hear it in my head pre speech. 

However, when listening to Great music I get goosebumps and chills and my hair stands up on my neck, and my dh and dd do not. I think they are weird for that, lol. They think I’m insane music impacts me like that. Weird how different peoples’ brains work! 

12 hours ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I was going to say that makes sense, but then I read Aethelthryth's post.

I have both, voices/pictures while reading & goosebumps/chills/visceral reaction to music. 

(((Toto)))

(((Junie)))

Hi Susan!

Weirdly, I hear you guys, but I don't picture you. 🤷‍♀️

I hear voices and feel music, too.

Edited by Renai
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

Good morning! Coffee! Board game day with tue family yesterday, which was lovely. Today might be harder. Please pray specifically for Runner. Sometimes he's a scapegoat, and my interference makes it worse for both of us. Thank you. 💕💕💕

Praying. ❤️

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

I look really funny  swimming because I wear a long sleeved swim shirt, skirted bottom, sunglasses, and a wide brimmed hat. My suit is all black so I look like a beetle. A beetle trying to avoid hives and skin cancer.

I have swim leggings and a long sleeve rash guard that I wear when kayaking.  I burn within 15 minutes even with sunscreen and being out in the kayak there's no shade and the tops of my thighs are just sitting there.  

• Like 2

Morning, today is dh's birthday so we're going to my moms for dinner.  He's actually cooking his own birthday dinner but a special occasion is not the time for me to cook for once.  

I'm going to run by the science center, I have more work to do since my first Open House is Tuesday, then I'm going to the grocery store to pick up what dh needs to cook.  

• Like 3

Good Morning!

Happy Sunday!

Edpo:

I was organizing some writing instruction last night for my two high schoolers.  I also had a little chat with them about how they are going to be homeschooled a little bit differently than the two oldest.  There are some things that I wish I had done better with the oldest two, so I am trying to correct course.

All of the talk about crisis schooling is giving me some things to think about.  I had three years of daily migraines while teaching five/six homeschoolers.  Some parts continued well on auto-pilot, but there were definitely parts of high school that suffered.

Now that my migraines are not as frequent (or at least not the really, really bad ones as frequently), I am hoping that I will be able to do a better job this year.  Also helpful is only having four students and not having any very young children.

Edited to add Edpo Warning.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Sunday!!

Church!!!

Schoolwork this afternoon. For the class I am taking.😩😩 I got a paper due today I have to finish. And I have to participate in the discussion board. And it’s supposed to be hot today.

• Like 2

Good morning!

We are on our way home, though it’s taking us a while to get to the highway. We didn’t feel the earthquake last night, though I did hear the bear knock over the campground trash can at 3am. 

Service is still a bit spotty, so will have to ketchup later. 

Coffee!

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Slache said:

I need to get my intestines going to fix this pain. Any suggestions? I'm on a stool softener.

Fresh lemon juice in drinking water and strong coffee with real cream. 

18 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

We weighed the giant pumpkin today. It came in at 147 lbs. 

In other news, my back hurts.

Amazing! Blue ribbon for sure!  Hope your back recovers!

17 hours ago, Slache said:

I think my left leg is 147 pounds.

Blue Ribbon!

17 hours ago, Slache said:

We have open eyes!

20200808_184603.jpg

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

16 hours ago, Spudater said:

We’ve had two diaper blowouts and one spitup so bad we had to wash her hair. I’m pooped too...🤪

Ugh. 

6 hours ago, mms said:

The mosquitos have finally gotten to me. I could not sleep last night. If I had known all you cool ladies were hanging out here last night, I would have joined you!

Church this morning then nap.

One interesting thing about our camping place - no mosquitoes or chiggers!  In fact, there really weren’t many bugs at all to speak of.  Could it have been the altitude?

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3