Menu

Ignore this thread!

6 minutes ago, mms said:

Intermittent fasting is the only thing I see working for me long term, so long as I get some sleep. I eat from 8 till 4. 

I don't understand people like this. It really proves how different humans can be because that sounds absolutely awful. Noon to 8 here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Slache said:

I don't understand people like this. It really proves how different humans can be because that sounds absolutely awful. Noon to 8 here.

When I tried it before I read somewhere that some women do better with an extra hour -- so I took it. :)  My time is similar to Slache's -- 12:30 to 9:30.

7 minutes ago, mms said:

Yeah, I just don’t do well with any diet, lol. I am too undisciplined. So far, I appreciate the freedom to not think too much about what I can or cannot eat. It’s easier to just not eat.

Slache, I am starving in the morning, but I can fall asleep hungry. DH thinks I’m nuts too: he eats from noon to eight.

Yeah, no.

3 minutes ago, Junie said:

When I tried it before I read somewhere that some women do better with an extra hour -- so I took it. 🙂 My time is similar to Slache's -- 12:30 to 9:30.

I've read we should only fast for 14. I sometimes default to that. I did 3 days once. I was fine at the time but was hungry every morning for 2 weeks afterward and therefore it wasn't worth it to me.

• Like 1

Matt says I can't be hospitalized any more. Every time I've gone to the ER this year it's resembled something serious and then been nothing. Can't breathe, blood pressure going insane, seizures, bleeding TO DEATH. But nothing was ever actually wrong. I'm just a good faker. He told me to stop.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Tell him you can't because if you stop, something will happen for real and that's not allowed. Not sure which ITT rule this falls under but I KNOW it's in there SOMEWHERE.

No ITTer shall die for any reason.

4 minutes ago, Spudater said:

It'll be the one time you don't you end up breaking ITTs most important rule. Like going to the store with greasy hair, you always see someone you know

This is why I keep moving.

• Haha 2

The thing that I really didn't like about intermittent fasting when I was doing it, is that I couldn't eat breakfast AND dinner with my family, which is how we normally eat.  I did one or the other anyway, but I didn't like it.  Though I guess with the way I eat now, I'm "fasting" 12-13 hours between dinner and breakfast.  Or I *was*. Now I usually have a snack of some kind after dinner.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

The thing that I really didn't like about intermittent fasting when I was doing it, is that I couldn't eat breakfast AND dinner with my family, which is how we normally eat.  I did one or the other anyway, but I didn't like it.  Though I guess with the way I eat now, I'm "fasting" 12-13 hours between dinner and breakfast.  Or I *was*. Now I usually have a snack of some kind after dinner.

I read out loud at breakfast and lunch.

7 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Slache, how do you clean crusty stuff stuck on the fur around puppy's eyes?

Baby wipes. Missing Link, a dietary supplement, will prevent them from coming back and dying his fur.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I intermittently fast without really trying, but it does me no good. I eat breakfast about 9:30 and we are generally done with dinner by 6:30 and I never eat in the evenings after dinner.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I intermittently fast without really trying, but it does me no good. I eat breakfast about 9:30 and we are generally done with dinner by 6:30 and I never eat in the evenings after dinner.

I made some progress on IF for a couple months and then 4 months of no progress after which I said forget it - if it's not moving me in the right direction, I will find something else.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Slache said:

I read out loud at breakfast and lunch.

Baby wipes. Missing Link, a dietary supplement, will prevent them from coming back and dying his fur.

The skin and fur one?  Oh never mind - probably the puppy formula.

Edited by Susan in TN

10 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

The skin and fur one?  Oh never mind - probably the puppy formula.

I never bought it for puppies because I buy it for joint health, but after puppy get regular. I keep it in the fridge and serve it over dinner. She eats twice a day.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spudater said:

I guess my strategy will be five servings of veg a day, no sweets, eat between 10am and 7pm. Add in three strength training half hours a week to the 4-5 walks scheduled  Hopefully that will be enough.  The thing about losing weight slowly is with water fluctuations you often can only tell it's working after at least a month.

That sounds really good.  Are there "sweet treats" that you can have on hand for times that you are struggling?  Like stevia sweetened or something?  I usually keep Lily's chocolate bars, some stevia-sweetened chocolate cranberry muffins (I do not have to eat gf, so I use Kodiak mix), and/or some Halo or Aldi-brand protein ice cream so I can have a treat when I want one.

• Like 1

I should be trying IF this summer.   I need caffeine to get going but can't drink tea on an empty stomach without feeling nauseous so had to eat breakfast before I was teaching classes.  Since I'm not teaching all summer, this would have been the perfect time.  

Dinner is too late some nights since dd is at TKD until 7pm and we eat after.

• Like 2

I don't do portions, I do percentage and eat until I'm full. Lunch is 100% veggies, dinner is 50% veggies, 50% meat. I don't count fats or fruits. Fats are naturally occurring in healthy quantities and I just don't eat fruit. I have some recipes that call for apple or whatnot, but I don't eat fruit just to eat them.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

I should be trying IF this summer.   I need caffeine to get going but can't drink tea on an empty stomach without feeling nauseous so had to eat breakfast before I was teaching classes.  Since I'm not teaching all summer, this would have been the perfect time.  

Dinner is too late some nights since dd is at TKD until 7pm and we eat after.

Black coffee?

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

WAH! My computer ate my post!! Trying again.

I kept busy all day and missed the 4000 pg party! I knew Slache was going to get the Booya.

Slache- praying for you.

EdPo's: I listed my MBtP 8-10 set on eBay today. I even got a nibble, but she didn't purchase. Oh well- we aren't quite done with it anyway.

I decided we need to focus on writing now that I have a good math resource I am happy with. (Though daily The Girl keeps asking to go back Saxon. She thinks MiF has too many problems.) I need a writing program that will take the kids from writing good sentences through to essays. I've narrowed it down to IEW or EIW because I am tired of trying to do this on my own. But ASD Boy won't watch videos. He is doing very well with just doing math and one other subject a day so maybe he will be compliant? 

We are almost done with our literature book so I am debating between letting them pick the next one or doing Trojan War using MP's guide. Thing is, they hate those things, and truthfully, so do I. The questions are so highbrow. Maybe a Veritas Press guide, then? Or Kolbe set? I wish I could download one to try.

They also want to study the Middle Ages but not using SOTW or History Ody.. I'm so lame that I can't pull a bunch of stuff together. Give me a curriculum and I can use it.

I'm also debating MP JrK 2 day regular or Charter, or JrK 5 day, or going the SC route. If we start with Charter, I kinda think we have to stick with it. 

Anyway just thinking online here. And posting this so my machine doesn't erase it again!

I can lend you TWSS and Teaching The Classics if you want. Classical Academic Press comes to mind. Samples are generous. English Lessons Through Literature? Brave Writer?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

If you do BraveWriter, don't spend the $$ for the online classes. Just buy the one book.

I have not taken classes but totally agree that the book is enough. I also have jot it down, partnership writing and a bunch of lit but none of it was worth it.

8 minutes ago, Æthelthryth the Texan said:

A friend of mine took some webinar with them recently and got 3 months free streaming TWSS access. 

I think this isn't a thing anymore. 😭

• Like 1

Good morning!

I slept from about 11:30 to 6:00!  Puppy was quiet all night!  Baby wipes aren't a huge issue, except when I am trying to clean around his eyes.  He took a small bite and swallowed it - he usually spits out the stupid stuff he puts in his mouth like leaves and twigs.  There is still a crusty lump stuck to his fur below his eye and I'm afraid I will poke his eye out because he is so Wiggly!  I am happy to hear advice for anything, as a strong supporter of the "throw it out and see what sticks" method of everything.

Weekend plans are to help dds11&14 with their Zoom orchestra auditions and help dd22 pack to move back into the dorms.  

Zoom auditions are more complicated than I expected.  We have to provide a youtube link with their solo piece and they have to announce name, age, music, composer, etc., and I am expecting them to turn out a little like that funny Liberty Mutual commercial.  Mibberty Butual.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

I slept from about 11:30 to 6:00!  Puppy was quiet all night!  Baby wipes aren't a huge issue, except when I am trying to clean around his eyes.  He took a small bite and swallowed it - he usually spits out the stupid stuff he puts in his mouth like leaves and twigs.  There is still a crusty lump stuck to his fur below his eye and I'm afraid I will poke his eye out because he is so Wiggly!  I am happy to hear advice for anything, as a strong supporter of the "throw it out and see what sticks" method of everything.

Weekend plans are to help dds11&14 with their Zoom orchestra auditions and help dd22 pack to move back into the dorms.  

Zoom auditions are more complicated than I expected.  We have to provide a youtube link with their solo piece and they have to announce name, age, music, composer, etc., and I am expecting them to turn out a little like that funny Liberty Mutual commercial.  Mibberty Butual.

Coffee!

That sounds a lot like the instructions for our youth orchestra auditions here too.  And today is the deadline here, but they're only doing 3 week long ensemble projects here for fall (if they get to do that) and will announce a later date for auditions for seating the full orchestras for spring semester (assuming they get to do that).  So, we decided to wait for the later auditions.  

• Like 1

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Friday!!!

We are going into a week of excessive and dangerous heat. There are 109s and 110s in the forecast.🔥🔥🔥☀️☀️☀️🔥🔥🔥☀️☀️😂

Busy day today. Gotta make some phone calls. Why do I hate and dread phone calls so much?

• Sad 2

Good Morning.  Had to get up and drive dh to work today since his car is getting new brakes.  Mine needs new tires but we're still waiting on them to come in.   Brakes are important so we pushed that.   

Worked out with dd today.   Rest of day is laundry (STILL?  There's so much laundry after the power outages), planning classes, planning homeschool.    Same old, same old. 

I did clean the living room yesterday so that was new.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

My mom called me last night. I haven't decided what that means yet. She was friendly, told me she missed me and caught me up on family gossip. I always assumed she stalked me online but knew nothing of Isaac or Texas. I sent her pictures of the kids afterward as a gesture of goodwill.

• Like 4

Internet is in and out due to the rain.  But it is such a lovely rainy day.  

I printed and signed my letter of intent.  I'm guessing I should send it certified this year - there might be a higher volume than normal this year - I would hate for it to get lost in the shuffle and have to go to jail.  😜

Hugs to people who are tougher than me and have to deal with coyotes.  We hear them sometimes at night and that is bad enough.  

Hugs to Susan who has accomplished two audition videos and has two more to go???!!!!  The idea of one seemed pretty stressful to me.  

I made pancakes for lunch.  And had Mozart Horn Concerto No. 3 playing in the back ground the whole time.  No one complained.  

Itired.

Also doing laundry - several more Mt. Washmores piled up near the washer and more upstairs in my bathroom.  

Also, need to make cupcakes for oldest to take back with him to college tomorrow.  Is Ricco or somebody available to come help?  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

They've been through 4 wash/dry cycles and yes they are a great size, breathable, and modest, but they are still ugly (very utilitarian looking, like an overgrown shop cloth) and HOLY LINT BALLS! I'm going to take pics, email the company, and order A&A.

FTFY.

• Haha 2