• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Jean in Newcastle

• Susan in TN

• KrissiK

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know, saying "ignore this thread" to this group is like saying "don't push the big red button!" 

Homeschoolers.     They always think the rules don't apply to them.

Coming out of my long time lurking because I couldn't ignore this thread..  :leaving:

Posted Images

My brain is so scattered this morning, even after coffee.  Here's my list for the next hour or two:  Pantz, check on girls outside, Mail check to cello teacher, sympathy cards, Amazon return, make potato salad.

Ready, Set, Go!

• Like 5
10 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I’ve never been to Ohio, but I can find it on a map. Most of the time.

I know that Ohio is on the other side of Pennsylvania and if you are in PA and trying to come home, if you see signs saying you are getting closer to Ohio, you went the wrong way.  I know somebody who did that and it took them a LOT of hours to realize they were going the wrong way.

7 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Lynn does seem to have an evil plan, but I am all 👂👂 since I have an eighth grader next year.

Me too!  Ugh.  Why did you remind me?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

We have hit the time of year that the morning (ish) sun comes through the skylight and lands right on my seat on the couch.  It's too bright and warm, so I must move.

Morning, Happy whatever the heck day it is today.

• Like 5

I have an 8th grader (my fourth!) this year for a few more weeks.  Then a year off.  Then another 8th grader.  Then a year off.  Then my last 8th grader.

I like 8th grade.  I don't have to keep records of grades for 8th grade.  :)

• Like 7
51 minutes ago, Junie said:

All of this talk about 8th graders, but I *think* that Ikslo's son is in 8th now and going into 9th.  I think.

9th grade?  I'm out.  🤣

j/k

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I have an 8th grader this year. 

Which means I will have a ninth grader next year.

Way more intimidating!

I've got things mostly figured out for oldest (11th grade) because she plans to do college courses online.

I don't have a clue what to do with ds14.

• Like 4

I have a 9th grader this year.   So next year will be a 10th grader and an 8th grader.    These are my only homeschoolers and my youngest kids.  My oldest is finishing up grad school.   

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Great. Now I'm reminded I'll have two 11th graders next year. 

Yep.  I'll have one of those, too.

Next year: 11th, 9th, 7th, 5th

• Like 4

Imma have 4th, 2nd, PK and baby and Lynn's going to come stay for the year.

Alex: I'm going to not feel well later.
Me: Yeah?
Alex: Yeah, I'm going to need popcorn to make me feel better.
Alex: Yeah. Later though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

I will not have an 8th grader next year.  😆

Me, either. I will have a sophomore, a freshman, a 6th grader and a 4th grader.

• Like 4
34 minutes ago, Slache said:

Imma have 4th, 2nd, PK and baby and Lynn's going to come stay for the year.

Alex: I'm going to not feel well later.
Alex: Yeah, I'm going to need popcorn to make me feel better.
Alex: Yeah. Later though.

Maybe popcorn will make me feel better, too.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Great. Now I'm reminded I'll have two 11th graders next year. 

How is this possible?

2 hours ago, Junie said:

Yep.  I'll have one of those, too.

Next year: 11th, 9th, 7th, 5th

We are odd numbers this year - even numbers in the fall.  Imma have TWO (2!) seniors next year!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning! What day is it?

Ikslo, Junie, did you get some sleep?
Lynn, I need coffee, STAT!

I get to make trail mix today.  Dds11&13 are having a zoom Scout campout tonight in the yard and will make spaghetti on the campstove for dinner.  Did you hear that Walmart is working with Moosejaw to develop a line of affordable entry-level backpacking gear?  This is a big deal since good quality stuff costs an arm and a leg and makes it hard for people who are trying to get started.  Scouts everywhere are rejoicing!  (I knew you were just dying to know this, lol.)

Coffee!

No sleep.  Well some. 3 1/2 hours at most

• Sad 2
6 hours ago, Junie said:

All of this talk about 8th graders, but I *think* that Ikslo's son is in 8th now and going into 9th.  I think.

Nope.  Going into 8th

• Like 6

I don't know if anyone saw but on April 1st the governor of Ohio announced that because of school being out so much all students would have to repeat their grade the following year. He was so serious. It was great.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
7 minutes ago, Junie said:

Oops.  Sorry.  

Why? We’re a big group. I don’t memorize your kids’ ages 😬 I think in terms of younger/older than mine and that’s about it.  I honestly, even after all these years, didn’t realize so many of us had kids in the same “grade” 🤣

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 3
18 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Why? We’re a big group. I don’t memorize your kids’ ages 😬 I think in terms of younger/older than mine and that’s about it.  I honestly, even after all these years, didn’t realize so many of us had kids in the same “grade” 🤣

Ha!  I don't even know my kids' ages half the time.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
16 minutes ago, ikslo said:

Once Lana left I had that down. :laugh:

I remember certain things like some aspects of your son remind me of mine so I will ask your advice in that area, but generally they're all one giant hive child.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
Just now, Junie said:

Ha!  I don't even know my kids' ages half the time.

I keep reminding John that he's in 3rd grade because he tells people he's in 2nd. He'll be in 4th soon. Oh well.

• Like 3

I participated in a covid-19 antibody study this week and just got my results--negative.

I was kinda hoping they would show that we'd already had the infection and were past it. Too bad; means I still have to worry about getting it. 

Edited by maize
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5

I took a nap. I’m sitting out on the back patio. It’s very nice out here. I hear a mourning dove. I really don’t feel like moving. Slashie, when are you bringing the popcorn??

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Slache said:

Krissi, we're finishing Endgame. We watched them in order for you.

Dd17 wants to watch some of these before she leaves for college in a few weeks.

What order did you (and Krissi) watch them in?

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Junie said:

https://www.techradar.com/how-to/how-to-watch-the-marvel-movies-in-order

It's taken us all of quarantine. You will miss major stuffs if you skip around. My favorites are the sides like Guardians, Black Panther and Doctor Strange. Watch the blipies after the credits. They can be importante.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Slache said:

I don't know if anyone saw but on April 1st the governor of Ohio announced that because of school being out so much all students would have to repeat their grade the following year. He was so serious. It was great.

Servant, don't cry! He made the announcement on APRIL FIRST! Get it? It was an April fools joke. He made the announcement all serious like, waited 3 seconds and said April fools in a completely serious tone before moving on to the next subject. It was great. It was in his daily coronavirus thing.

I was sad people didn't do April fools this year. Minecraft did. When you booted it up they said Minecraft had gone under, then it booted up properly. Genius. We don't Minecraft, but I read about it.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Slache said:

Krissi, we're finishing Endgame. We watched them in order for you.

Why thank you!!! I think we may need to do that again this summer.

We watched......”Oooooooo-klahoma  where the wind comes sweepin’ down the plains......”

2 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

Krissi, we ordered takeout too.  What did ya get?

we got burgers and fries. Not fast food. The real stuff. It was yummy!

• Like 5
28 minutes ago, Junie said:

I just looked up on the Internet in what order they should be watched. I think we started with Captain America. Or was it Iron Man? I don’t remember now. My favorite was Iron Man.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, Slache said:

https://www.techradar.com/how-to/how-to-watch-the-marvel-movies-in-order

It's taken us all of quarantine. You will miss major stuffs if you skip around. My favorites are the sides like Guardians, Black Panther and Doctor Strange. Watch the blipies after the credits. They can be importante.

Definitely watch past the credits!!!

I loved Guardians of the Galaxy, too. Ant man was funny. The Hulk was my least favorite.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

The girls woke me about an hour ago coming inside to use the bathroom.  They are now making oatmeal.

I kept dreaming Last night that a dead and/or murderous naked old man was in my room and didn't sleep very well.  Why is my iPad randomly capitalizing letters?  I'm tired of fixing them.  Yellow Help Button, please fix this.

Just a few random things to do today.  Dd11 could really use some flip flops or something Similar to wear for stream crossings.  Need to find the foam puzzle Mats to put under the tents so they are not directly on rough gravel - we have the worst of the worst campsites in the entire state park so we're Trying to protect the gear a bit.  Also the weatherman has now decided that it will rain all next week, so we need to get extra rain gear and supplies.  We're hoping the trails are not swamped out.

Coffee!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1