Menu

Ignore this thread!

(((Bookie)))  I "ditto" all the previous posts of support and love and that we're here for you.  I know a long time ago I had to start learning to live with the "gray" instead of nailing things down to be black and white.  No one can tell you where the line is for compromise and acceptance  compared to healthy/unhealthy.  But grayness together is better than black and white and bitterness divorced, at least in my situation.  That doesn't help you discern your own situation, but we're here with you.  

• Like 2

We are scheduling an appointment with the clinic here because they know he exists.

8 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Schedule an appointment with an office you can't go to and then cancel it when you get home?  (Oh, did I say that outloud?)

He needs to go because premie problems.

• Like 2

Dd17 was released from her quarantine prison yesterday.  She was thankful to get a hot meal that was still hot.  (Her meals had been delivered to her door, but were usually cold by the time she got them.)

I'm really proud of her for having such a good attitude throughout the whole ordeal.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

56 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Wow! You sound very confident in the store's wrongdoing here so I'll take your word for it since you didn't mention specifics. That stinks. I hope you get a satisfactory resolution.

The hospital could've discharged us the night before they did but chose to keep us overnight because they expected me to call the dr's office on a Friday afternoon and miraculously force them to schedule Newbie's first pedi appt for Monday morning. Our pedi usually doesn't do first appts until baby is 1 week old so the standard procedure of the hospital and dr's office are different. Pedi got us in for that Tues morning but the hospital decided to be a butt about not getting their way. 

I cannot imagine having to do all that by mail. I think even Medicaid moves faster than that.

They sold a used, expired, broken carseat as new. It's a huge deal and could have resulted in the loss of an infant. I assume someone exchanged a broken one for a new one instead of paying for a new one and Wal-Mart just didn't catch it, but it looks fine on the outside so I don't want to take it back.

• Sad 1

I’m in the van with Chester while the rest of the family is in the Museum of the Cherokee Indian.  At least I can get cell service and charge my phone at the same time. I was really happy when I found out the museum had opened back up again.     

Earlier we took a drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway and stopped to hike up the Waterrock Knob - it was 1/2 mile uphill but we made it OK.  It was really cool seeing the clouds roll in and over the hills.  Had a picnic lunch back at the visitors center.  

I definitely need more coffee.

• Like 1

Just now, Servant4Christ said:

Favorite baby carrier? Looking for one to carry Newbie and free my hands. Right now, going for walks is impossible unless DH is with me to help with Youngest. I'm thinking I can put Youngest in the stroller and wear the baby in a carrier while Oldest rides his bike. Youngest LOVES riding in the stroller and gets mad that there's no room for him when I snap Newbie in with his infant seat.

Bjorn

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Favorite baby carrier? Looking for one to carry Newbie and free my hands. Right now, going for walks is impossible unless DH is with me to help with Youngest. I'm thinking I can put Youngest in the stroller and wear the baby in a carrier while Oldest rides his bike. Youngest LOVES riding in the stroller and gets mad that there's no room for him when I snap Newbie in with his infant seat.

Carriers got popular towards the end of my child bearing years so I can't advise you there.  I had a terrible one with my first born that we never used.  When I had two kiddos that were 18 months apart I got a double side-by-side stroller - it was my favorite ever.  (It was probably a Graco).  I loved it.  But if you already love carriers, disregard.  

1 minute ago, myblessings4 said:

We didn't use carriers with my older two (it wasn't a thing), I hated carriers with my third, and decided on a double stroller with the third and foster daughter, then a sit 'n stand stroller with third and fourth.  

I've always loved the idea of baby wearing but my babies gain weight so fast that carrying them much just isn't practical. My biggest was 24 lbs at his 4 month check-up 😅

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Slache said:

They sold a used, expired, broken carseat as new. It's a huge deal and could have resulted in the loss of an infant. I assume someone exchanged a broken one for a new one instead of paying for a new one and Wal-Mart just didn't catch it, but it looks fine on the outside so I don't want to take it back.

This used to happen all the time at Lowes’s when I worked there, just with air conditioners.

AC unit breaks

buy new unit

return “new unit” box with old unit inside; say it was fine just didn’t fit

walk away with new unit for free, no need to dispose of old unit or packaging

happened will ACs, generators, Tools, you name it

sometimes the box looked like it was never even opened.  Or they would clean what was visible if you peaked in the box, cover up rust with spray paint, etc.  When busy, front desk does not check every box.  It happens.  It went in cycles, though, so if you don’t tell the store they won’t know to be on the lookout for the thief.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, ikslo said:

This used to happen all the time at Lowes’s when I worked there, just with air conditioners.

AC unit breaks

buy new unit

return “new unit” box with old unit inside; say it was fine just didn’t fit

walk away with new unit for free, no need to dispose of old unit or packaging

happened will ACs, generators, Tools, you name it

sometimes the box looked like it was never even opened.  Or they would clean what was visible if you peaked in the box, cover up rust with spray paint, etc.  When busy, front desk does not check every box.  It happens.  It went in cycles, though, so if you don’t tell the store they won’t know to be on the lookout for the thief.

It's happened to us with a blender.

I know. I told corporate I wouldn't leave it there but they said bring it in because they'll label it immediately. So Matt got to go in and ask for the manager. :biggrin:

• Like 2

Just now, Slache said:

It's happened to us with a blender.

I know. I told corporate I wouldn't leave it there but they said bring it in because they'll label it immediately. So Matt got to go in and ask for the manager. :biggrin:

I would have just sharpied all over the box “DAMAGED” 🤣

• Like 1

Just now, ikslo said:

I would have just sharpied all over the box “DAMAGED” 🤣

We threw the box away! We knew exactly what we wanted, bought it, prepped it and then he went he had to have a special test (90 minutes in the carseat with a heart monitor) they found out the issue. The carseat itself is from 2015.

• Sad 1

Oh! And do you remember how I said I was awake for a long time after surgery? I commented and apparently the anesthesiologist did that at the request of my doctor because he knew I would not have a support person at the hospital. I did not know but apparently the anesthesiologists have all kinds of cocktails that they use. If you're freaked out they can calm you down, if you're really stubborn to pain medication they can give you more. So I was kind of euphoric and energetic for about 2 days so I could handle all the preemie stuff with no nursery or support person. Matt was there for a few hours but not that night.

• Like 3

I am so full. We got Olive Garden takeout and they gave us a ton of food, and yes, we have a fridge here in the room, but no way to keep food chilled tomorrow afternoon so we’re going to have to toss what we don’t eat.😩 So, I ate waaaay too much.

• Like 2