Menu

Ignore this thread!

Diet. If it's just for weight loss Dr. Berg's version of keto. The purpose of the keto diet is to keep you in fat burning mode so that you regularly burn your own fat instead of what you're eating. I know a lot of people have had success with it. Dr. Berg puts significantly more emphasis on vegetables and healthy eating than most keto people do.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Slache said:

Nah. He's a very hands on dad.

I'll still pray for him. 😉

I'm sure he's a good dad.  It's just rough with a new baby that you haven't quite figured out yet.  Plus sleep deprivation. 😞

I remember that my dh had a couple of rough nights with dd12 when she was a baby while I was at the hospital with ds19 when he had appendicitis.

• Like 3

Good morning!

Dd14 is our lefty.  She says she is "right footed" though. Dh thinks he would have been a lefty but his parents made him do things right-handed.

The program I have been on for the past year has been very effective.  It's the only weight-loss thing that I have done that actually continued to be effective past the first few weeks.  It's called LT360 - it's not complicated or difficult, but does have requirements that need some getting used to and planning.  They will do remote coaching. https://www.lt360.com

I think the horse stuff the nurse was talking about was either mare's milk powder or horse chestnut powder.  At any rate, the swelling has gone down in dd's hands, and she thinks she will be able to work her shift tonight - it's her last one before going back to the university.

The house is a mess.  Laundry needs to be folded and put away.  Puppy wants some attention.  Kids have started lessons.  

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good Morning.  Lots of drama around here after I went to bed last night. 

No lefties in our family but oldest dd danced like a lefty.    All her strongest turns, leaps, splits, etc were like a left handed person.  I think she also threw left-handed.  Some kind of gross versus fine motor skills thing.   I think one of the younger kids showed signs of the same when younger but I don't remember for sure.  Neither does any sport involving throwing, hitting or kicking a ball.  

I decided not to go to the science center today.  No workout with dd and it's all clean because I had my open house, so dh may stop by on his way to or from work to feed the animals (they can go one day if he can't).  I'm going to do laundry, finally get everything back in place after the power outage disruption, finally get the kitchen cleaned up from the new cabinet disruption, work on school planning, and work on class planning. 

It suddenly occurred to me yesterday that I only have 4 1/2 weeks left until classes start.   I still have a LOT of work to do, especially on the classes that are new this year.  I wanted to have the entire year planned out for all the classes but may have to settle for just the first session or two for some.   It's been hard to get motivated when I still don't know how things are going to go this year.   Our numbers are pretty low here and our Rt is back down below 1, so I think we're good for the first session.  But who knows what will happen once schools open up and winter comes.  

• Like 4

If anyone remembers Hunter I got an email from her last night and she's doing well.

Matt's a lefty. I have refused to have left handed children.

Ok. Here's what happened last night for anyone who cares. Remember this was non arterial bleeding, so absolutely not scary.

Tuesday night I noticed some pus coming out of my incision. C-section infections are no joke, incredibly painful with possible lifelong repercussions including losing the ability to walk so I called the doctor for an immediate appointment. Wednesday afternoon he looked at me and said all is well go home. I went home. The evening's events were not a failure on his part, there was no way of knowing I had a blood pocket behind the incision.

Wednesday night I felt warmth, assumed I had overflowed, looked down and saw blood seeping up my shirt. The kids are in the other room, I walk past Matt on my way to the bathroom and just say "Call 911" because the situation is obvious. When I got to the bathroom 5 seconds after the initial bleed I pull my pants down and blood just pours. I mean splatters everywhere, full, thick waterfall style. I grab my bath towel, cover it, go to the couch and throw ITT into total panic. I've edited my original post but it was panicky.

In about 8 minutes I saturated the bath towel and trash the couch. I'm stressed so I'm light headed and my clothes are soaked so I'm cold. Everything looks terrible from our perspective. He gives me a fresh towel and looks at the incision which is... absolutely fine. It's closed, there is no bleeding. It did not come from inside either. We are so confused.

EMTs show up. Blood pressure? Good. Sugar? Good. Heart rate? Good. Oxygen? Good. They remove the dry towel from my tummy and see that my incision is fine. My pants are black, the couch is dark blue and we had enough time that Matt has cleaned up almost all of the blood. They tell me I must have had a small bleed, it stopped and I don't need medical attention. I ask them to take me anyway. I'm sure they're irritated.

They put me in a chair and carry me down the stairs. I ask them to carry me above their heads as this will be my only opportunity to be carried like a queen and they say no. That part didn't really happen. When we turn I get tilted as part of the navigation and BOOM! Blood everywhere. I swear all 6 of them went "Whoa!" This was on cement so you could see quantity and there was a ton. Two or three cups? The EMTs move faster now. I have been validated.

When we got to the ambulance they check out my incision. Can you guess? It's closed. There is no bleeding. Ok.

We get to the hospital and I'm one of two patients. The doctor comes in fairly quickly and shares his theory, asks some questions and we decide that's what it is. I need imaging to verify but everyone is relieved. I have 5 or 6 more episodes of The Shining, imaging looks good, get fresh clothes and go home.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

I really need to lose some weight.  It just keeps creeping up. 😞  I really need to give intermittent fasting another try.  It was maybe working for the couple of weeks that I tried it, but I am having a hard time with being hungry.  I either have to go to bed while hungry (and not sleep) or homeschool while hungry (which is not pleasant either).

• Like 2

Re: LT360 - the free "Jumpstart" video and things on the website are NOT the program.  It's not terrible, but it's not going to help much.  There are some stupid things they talk about in there, but the actual program is effective.  You won't know what it is until you pay them.  It's just the annoying way it works.

I also agree about the sleep deprivation issue.  I started this program at the season of life and time of year that held the least stress and busyness for me so I had time to get acclimated and get my systems and habits in place before the busy season (school year) started back up.  By that time it really wasn't difficult or challenging at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I'm glad your neck is better, Susan. I'm sorry it still hurts.

Krissi, how are you doing?

I’m fine, thanks for asking. Dropping her off was a little crazy and the news media was there, so I just kind of paused and she jumped out. No time for tears or long goodbyes. 

• Like 2

Editing all the things. I'm done six chapters today and am aiming for four more. This is the easy part of this novel as I've already settled everything in the opener to the first plot point and twist. After that, it will be a little slower. The middle of this book was hard.

Hugs, Bookie. That is hard. 😥

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I don't believe in forcing children to be right handed either. I was making a joke.

2 minutes ago, Spudater said:

I can't see myself giving up dairy long term tho and I don't want to yoyo by starting something I won't keep up

Yeah, I figured. Just needed to mention. 🙂

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mms said:

Spuds, could you do something like the French way of eating without the white sugar or flour?

I think this is hwat makes my program more do-sble than many.  There are several food guidelines that are helpful, and you need to watch how your body reacts to different foods, but the only things you are "not allowed" (until maintenance, at least) are white flour and white sugar.  

• Like 2