Menu

Ignore this thread!

Everyone has what I'm already considering. I'm getting an Inspire HR. I ordered one through Amazon (for some reason, Fitbit website no longer likes my address and I don't want to call), but then cancelled because I realized the seller wouldn't be covered by the Fitbit guarantee. So, I need to order another one from an approved seller on Amazon, so thought I'd ask what ya'll had.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, maize said:

I would love to have your job Krissi.

Did you need a teaching credential to get hired?

I have to say, it’s a pretty cushie job. I do work hard, though. There’s a lot to do, tons of paperwork, deadlines to meet, and a lot of people to deal with, but I do most of it from home on my laptop (I got a ton done at this hospital this weekend 😂👍) and I do still get to homeschool the girls. I am very thankful for it.   I did need a teaching credential. And I think the fact that I have a Master’s in Education helped me out a lot, too.  The state of California (under pressure from  the teachers union) is coming down hard on Charter Schools. Mine is doing a good job at staying ahead of the game. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I have to say, it’s a pretty cushie job. I do work hard, though. There’s a lot to do, tons of paperwork, deadlines to meet, and a lot of people to deal with, but I do most of it from home on my laptop (I got a ton done at this hospital this weekend 😂👍) and I do still get to homeschool the girls. I am very thankful for it.   I did need a teaching credential. And I think the fact that I have a Master’s in Education helped me out a lot, too.  The state of California (under pressure from  the teachers union) is coming down hard on Charter Schools. Mine is doing a good job at staying ahead of the game. 

I'm in the odd circumstance of having an MEd degree but no teaching certification. 

We have somewhat similar charter schools here. I don't really have time for even a mostly at-home job right now but it's something I've thought about for the future.

• Like 5

So I don't have a fitbit to track my sleep, but I do dream a lot.  I hope dreaming is an indication of good sleep.  :)

This afternoon I dreamt that Orlando Bloom was giving me a manicure and insisting on using a blue nail polish to match the curtains in the room.  Oprah was also in the dream.  And the Obamas.  And somewhere along the way I was cooking dinner and it wasn't going well.  I was in a panic because a journalist was on her way to my house to interview me because I was running for Senate.  

Shortly after I woke up, dh called and asked me a question that required me to make a decision.  :svengo:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, ThatBookwormMom said:

I swam in the sea. I regret it. I'm annoyed by the propensity to throw people under buses instead of offering grace and kindness, and God forbid, understanding. It wasn't everyone behaving like that, but enough to make me exclaim aloud, "Seriously, people? That wasn't even what she said!" I didn't reply, though. I retreated. I'm sticking with you guys, and hanging up my swim suit.

/rant

Good girl. ITT is the happy spot.  Rocco, get this girl the beverage of her choice!! Roderigo, foot massage. Stat.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I am folding laundry whilst watching a not-very-good rom/com on Prime. The question is, do I quit it and watch something else i’ve Watched a million times, but like? Or do I just keep watching because..... who knows why.

And I broke a nail. So I had to trim all the other ones so I don’t look weird.

And I have an eye-twitch.

And I have no idea what to make for dinner.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Slache said:

Wh... Where did you get a head?

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

It's a foam mannequin head, like for wigs.   I used it for last years forensics class with some clothes to make a body but I need something I don't have to build every time. 

I Had a brief moment of hope that you’d somehow managed to get ahold of Haydn’s head, but I’m sure there’s much less liability dealing with foam. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Slache said:

If I'm throwing up and you're having weird dreams then someone here is pregnant.

Come clean.

38 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Chicken pot pie. I am in the mood for chicken pot pie. That’s what’s for dinner.

And Krissi is craving something. 

For sure there is a pregnancy underfoot. Or under book, as the case is...

We're spanning three states here with the pregnancy symptoms, so there has to be a second person...(it isn't me. I think it's Slash).

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Do you ever sit on the couch on your computer knowing you really should get up and go to bed but you're almost too tired and it's easier to just sit there and keep surfing or reading than to get up the energy to get up and get ready for bed even though you're really tired and know you need to get to sleep?  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

We had a creamy pesto and butter bean sauce over pasta, a big clear-out-some-space-in-the-fridge salad, heirloom tomatoes with cottage cheese, and dh's homemade oatmeal raisin cookies for dessert.

Day #2 of school and we did all the things again <shock!>. Dd7's precious elderly Gal Pal from church took her out for chocolate ice cream and then we all went to the farm. Tomato season is over.  😥  But I think I froze almost 3 dozen quarts of tomato sauce, so we will enjoy a little taste of them all winter long. And even though the nights are quite cool, littlest duckling helped me cut flowers and I still collected enough zinnias and Black-eyed Susans and lavender and ageratum and bachelor's buttons to fill four happy vases.  And the ducklings sucked on honey sticks that the honeybee lady gave them and everyone played on Bob the tractor and we remembered to get more milk and we brought home ten feet caked in dirt.  We still have 6 more weeks of produce, but I am so very sad to say goodbye to another summer.  

Wish all this sentimentality means I am the pregnant one, but alas, no.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Do you ever sit on the couch on your computer knowing you really should get up and go to bed but you're almost too tired and it's easier to just sit there and keep surfing or reading than to get up the energy to get up and get ready for bed even though you're really tired and know you need to get to sleep?  

every.single.day

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

That’s why you need to get ready for bed before you sit down. Wash your face, brush your teeth, put on your jammies and then sit down. That way, when you are that tired, all you have to do is stagger off to bed.

Not that I have any experience with this.....

• Like 6

I have to run to the AFSA this morning before class.  I should still have time to do my yoga (I managed yesterday despite having to run back home for my phone after I was all the way to the science center).    I'm still not 100% sure what I'm going to do with my youngest class today.  The last two days those classes were super duper extreme messy.  Not sure I want to do the same activities.  I actually did a slightly different one with each class thinking the second one would be less messy but it didn't turn out to be so.  I have not quite as messy plans and materials, I just have to decide on something.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm going to start training for my virtual walk/run today.   I'm going to start with about a mile each way.   What is average walking speed?  I'm trying to judge how long this should take me.  I tend to walk fast but if I estimate average walking speed that will give me some lee-way.

Edited by Where's Toto?
training not trying, well that too but...
  • Like 4

It is 4:18 and I am absolutely failing sleep tonight. Or this morning. Whatever.

I am in such pain. I took pain meds a couple of hours ago. Didn’t work. And I turned off the a/c because I was cold even with blankets and that makes me tense up, making everything worse. I am so tired that it’s hard to see straight but my stupid muscles won’t relax enough to sleep. 

Tomorrow- I mean today- I need to suck it ip, do my Lamaze breathing and start up my morning exercises again. And I need to get into the chiropractor ASAP to be put back together again. (As an aside, I have used my Lamaze breathing more for getting through everyday life than I ever did for labor and delivery. )

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

I never clocked my walking speed. Depends on whether I am in a hurry to get in before the sun and the heat gets me, or enjoying myself in the cloudy coolness of a fall day with rain. 

I've been swamped by flood dreams for a month, mostly all flooded rivers. It's understandable. I've been sitting on a volcano's worth of emotions and trying to sort through them before I've had a chance to yell, stamp around, and actually experience them. Been on the brink of tears for probably two weeks, and yet have not cried. I'm a little too used to having to hold everything together. Yesterday was a good day, but I still feel like there's a huge weight on my back that won't go away. Not pregnant, though.🤣

Going to the doctor shortly. They aren't going to do anesthesia today.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

Good morning! 91819

How are you feeling today, Junie?

I discovered this morning that the first Sunday of Advent this year actually falls on December 1st, which means Advent Calendars will be in sync with the date.  That is strangely exciting for me.

I had zombie apocalypse dreams last night.  Unlike most people dealing with a zombie apocalypse, I had the good sense to close and lock doors behind me.

Dd21 has her first day of clinicals today.  She said everyone is very stressed out and very excited.

We leave at 9 for a field trip to a historic 1700's trades festival.  Church children's choir tonight.

Coffee!

Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends,
It just goes on and on my friends.
People started posting not knowing what it was,
And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends
You'd best come join it with your friends
'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze
And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there
They'll cheer you up so don't despair
The group is growing well as more people start checking in
And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

It's better than a Mercedes Benz
It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too
Eighteen hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on
with record-setting length and fun
It started forty-eight months ago from curiosity
and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...
And the place where one finds special friends,
the kind that have hearts that are strong and true
Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you! 

Yeah, it's superior to other trends
Friends start out scratching their head in confusion, perhaps
But then the laughter strikes and they gratefully tip their caps... 

This is the thread that never ends...

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 8

Good Morning!!!!,

COFFEE!!!!~D

Humph Day!!

School, work, Awana.

This is the first morning I woke up early and had to pull the comforter up. And I put on my fuzzy robe when I got up instead of my light summer one. And I didn’t open up all the doors and windows to cool the house off this morning.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning! 91819

How are you feeling today, Junie?

I discovered this morning that the first Sunday of Advent this year actually falls on December 1st, which means Advent Calendars will be in sync with the date.  That is strangely exciting for me.

I had zombie apocalypse dreams last night.  Unlike most people dealing with a zombie apocalypse, I had the good sense to close and lock doors behind me.

Dd21 has her first day of clinicals today.  She said everyone is very stressed out and very excited.

We leave at 9 for a field trip to a historic 1700's trades festival.  Church children's choir tonight.

Coffee!

Booyah!

I’m sorry to have deleted the ITT Theme Song, Susan. It made for a very long quote. Although I kind of feel blasphemous, like I am desecrating the flag or something.

I’m glad Advent starts in December. It’s always weird doing Christmas stuff in November.

Yay for smart thinking during a zombie apocalypse!

good luck to DD for her clinicals. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

People are not taking this thread seriously!

2 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

Seriously, I was shocked at how far I had to scroll in the New Content list before this thread came up.  Totally shocked.

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

So, since most of you seem to be still sleeping, I googled average walking speed.   It's 3.1 miles per hour.   A 5k translates to 3.1 miles.  Coincidence?

Ahem. (Insert foot tapping guy) Some of us live out here on the Left Coast, where it is barely 6:10am, as we speak and still dark as a cave outside.

• Like 7

Happy Nirthday to SuperDude! 🎉

We're just going along and doing our thing; school takes longer than DS wants, but he likes to take his time getting started and also to take breaks, so 🤷‍♀️. We're going to a  climate strike event Friday; my sign will ask legislators, "Didn't your mom teach you not to leave a mess for someone else to clean up?" but I'm thinking of adding a second one: "Don't tell me your room is clean when you've been letting your friends leave coal ash on the floor."

I missed the dinner posts last night. We had maple Dijon chicken (plain for DS), brown rice, and strawberry-spinach smoothies. Tonight will be a veggie Mexican thing (read: something to eat guacamole with 😉).

Happy Wednesday, ITT!

Edited by whitehawk
  • Like 6

13 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

We have a frog who lives on our kitchen counter.  He is starting to croak.

All this dinner talk is making me hungry.

Did you eat the frog that lives on your counter???

2 hours ago, myblessings4 said:

I cleaned two more bags of trash and more Goodwill stuff out of the closet in ds old room/school room/ds old room/soon to be man cave but now will be older ds room again soon.  So.much.stuff.  I figured since tonight is when we put garbage can out and the can wasn't full yet...

Oh, yeah. Forgot to mention the other day that I cleaned a "corner." It's not actually a corner but an area in the archway that divides the living room/kitchen from the hall. Things get dumped there (mostly dh's things, but I have a stack of books there). So, threw away a bunch of stuff, then took a boxful of things to the secondhand store. I was so proud! There is still a stack there, but a small one. Until dh dumps the exercise mat and blanket there (he lies down there because of his back), then it looks messier again. I wonder what will happen if I completely clear that area of stuff?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1