Menu

Ignore this thread!

Double post from this morning.  We are back from the historic home.  Fun as always.  The Old Time string band was there and one of the elderly fiddlers got up and coaxed the kids and I into dancing.  You can't help but smile and laugh when you are holding hands and dancing around in circles.  :laugh:  She had the most awesome boots.  Pretty much all the usual tradespeople were there who have been there for the past 5 or so years - it was fun to see them all again.  We have added 4 candles to our supply of bumpy, crooked, hand-dipped birthday candles. 

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5

Happy Nirthday, SuperDude!

We have done many of the things today,  but not all.  I may decide to do VERY abbreviated forms of the rest of the list, just so I can say I did all the things, three days in a row, for the first time ever. 

It will likely require eliminating dinner.  Not that I had any plans for dinner anyway. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Evening. I have done all the things. I hope. There's probably something I forgot to do that I haven't remembered yet. Doctor's appointment went well. No anesthesia today. It was a consult. But I have my anesthesia appointment booked for October. Oh, joy. I made a really good beef stew for dinner, and I'm looking forward to a trip later this week, although rain is supposed to spoil the plans. Have to work around the rain, I guess.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The children in Children's Choir were absolutely WIRED tonight.  I forgot to have them pass in their theory worksheets and pencils, so those were becoming a distraction.  And we should have had about 5 more minutes of focused work for them to do.  Oh well.  Nobody died.  (Except by paper sword.)

I need to remember to make a seating chart for next week.  That will help quite a bit.  

There was a major Bat Party going on over the roof of the church.  It was pretty cool.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

Morning, Happy Thursday.

Three classes today and Teen Hangout.   I'm tired.  We had dinner at my mother's house last night to get us through another evening without a fridge.    Tomorrow it's being delivered.  Roof is being redone so there's debris everywhere, including some keeps getting in the house.  That's annoying.  I want to clean out the garage this weekend while we have the dumpster but my brother is visiting from Florida so I should spend some time with him.   And I have the usual laundry, class prep, school prep etc. to do.  

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Friday Eve!!

School!!

Three families to meet with today, which means another afternoon of running around. Three more tomorrow and then I’m done for the month.

What if I don’t want to talk like a pirate today?? What if I want to walk like an Egyptian?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Morning. Arrrgh! I've had too much experience with that lately, so maybe I'll just switch to cackling like a parrot and telling trouble it can go walk the plank. I'm going to go to art today and work on a cover for the last in this four book series, and then do some sketching for a cover for my NaNoWriMo novel. I'm also thinking about how to schedule my writing now that I've lost a few weeks I thought I was going to have for planning. I'll look over the calendar later today.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hi. My acute pain has subsided for the moment to bad pain with the edge taken off it. This has been a flare up thing for years. I have wondered for years if I should poke the bearish body part and try to get massage or physical therapy on it. But even if you use insurance it’s rigged that you pay out of pocket for the deductible and just as the insurance payments are supposed to take over, you run out of allowable visits. And I am trying desperately to pay down debt etc. If I knew 100% that therapy would actually improve things I might go for it anyway. But I have done lots of therapy over the years that has helped very short term and hasn’t ultimately improved my life. More life improving moves have been ones I have discovered on my own and have implemented in my bumbling way. 

Just trying to think this through. 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 6

Continuing to think this through. The chiropractor does work on this area (which is why there is improvement). And I am guzzling magnesium which helps. And my morning exercises were, in theory, designed to help lessen flare ups like this. So I really am not ignoring it and doing nothing. 

An introspective Health Booyah 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Whew.  Laundry is folded and put away, Mongolian beef is in the slow cooker, birdfeeders are filled, and garden is watered.  And the endless line of little misc. things that come up. The harbor bell has finally been put back up and it's a nice, windy day - the leaves are swirling around, and I think we should be getting a slight cool-down soon.  

Time for second breakfast: PB and smooshed strawberries on toast and kefir with raspberries.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Aaand our week is officially shot. DS is negative for strep and flu but clearly has something viral. (Ear thermometer pegged him at 105.4 earlier. I brought him to the ped and theirs said 103.1 orally, but he'd been drinking some water in between.) No school today, no anything tomorrow; hopefully he'll be able to sell popcorn Saturday afternoon.

• Sad 6

1 hour ago, whitehawk said:

Aaand our week is officially shot. DS is negative for strep and flu but clearly has something viral. (Ear thermometer pegged him at 105.4 earlier. I brought him to the ped and theirs said 103.1 orally, but he'd been drinking some water in between.) No school today, no anything tomorrow; hopefully he'll be able to sell popcorn Saturday afternoon.

Poor kid. Ugh. Fever is the worst.

• Like 2

Back home from art, and still very much one edge with my temper. There's a disadvantage to being a fairly laid-back personality. When I get smacked around by emotions, I internalize them and don't react to them until weeks later, I swear. I think they are catching up with me. I'm doing my level best to vent in a safe and productive manner, where I can't harm anyone, but I've just got the sense of having a really short fuse lately. Hopefully, a little down time this weekend, some cooler, cloudy weather, and better rest will help settle me down.

I'm thinking about going on some Valerian for a couple of weeks--see if that helps me handle the sense of trigger-finger anger and such. I really don't want to snap at people by accident.

• Like 5

Today ended up being a pretty good day.  My class of little guys was the best I've had all week (I'm definitely picking a less messy activity for next week).  My other classes were enjoyable.  I'm feeling less cranky and irritable.  I wonder if I had PMS?  No clear signs since I had an ablation but I still get pretty cranky at least every other month or so.  

I went and walked after class, starting my virtual 5k training.   I'm super duper pathetically out of shape.  Between the bronchitis/breathing problems, the knee problems, etc. it's not good.  I spent all day on my feet and get over 6000 steps but it's not at all aerobic, just spurts here and there.   So, I guess I'm glad I'm starting early (I have until November 11th to do the 5k).   I've been doing yoga every morning for 2 weeks now and that's going very well.  I don't need to look at the paper for my sequence anymore.  

School this week went well too.  I ordered Mosdos Jade for dd.  Just the textbook and I'm having her do a few questions from the book.  I told her to type the answers and email them to me because she has a lot of trouble doing a lot of writing.  It's been great, she's writing some great stuff now that the actual process of writing isn't getting in the way.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Her hearing is back! I am so confused! But happy! She spent most of the day just hiding under my feet, presumably because she was scared. I didn't know what to do other than comfort her. I don't know what caused it, and it could come back, but right now she can hear and she's happy about it!

• Like 5

So, this morning i’m In the office and the girls come in and tell me some lady is outside taking pictures of our house. I go outside to find out what was going and and turns out it’s the lady who used to own the house. She wanted to take pictures for her friends back in Texas. I invited her in and she talked my ear off for an hour. It was very interesting and she’s a very nice lady, but .... an hour.  And she took lots of pictures. Which is really not that weird. Our house has a ton of stained glass that her husband made. So, she wanted picture of all that. I asked her if she wanted it back, but she said “no.” She did ask what I did with the amaryllis bulbs and camellia bushes and the sago palms. The amaryllis bulbs I threw away because I hate amaryllis. But I didn’t tell her that. The camellia bushes were not here when we moved in and the sago palms I ripped out because I hate sago palms.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Home again, home again, jiggety jig!

We had a bit of excitement after ds14's cello lesson.  We were stuck in traffic and an alarm that I'd never heard before started sounding and a couple lights were blinking on the dashboard and then all the gauges and air conditioning and everything went dead.  I was taking a different route home at the time and there was an ambulance and fire engine on the road I was trying to get to, and the engine started sputtering so I got into the other lane and started driving who knows where trying to find a place to park, which was difficult because dd16 was trying to figure out how to work the maps app and dh kept calling.  We finally spotted a Wendy's and stopped there.  

Dh got there a couple hours later (we were an hour from home) and we got the van started and took it to AutoZone where they charged the battery up and said the alternator was dead.  We eventually got home fine and dh will put in a new alternator tomorrow.  Ds24 let the orchestra manager know that I wouldn't make it to rehearsal.  I'd better practice extra this week!

I'm ready for the sleeping.

• Like 5

Good Morning! Happy Friday.  A long Friday for me today.  In addition to my two classes, I'm running a workshop from 1 to 4pm.  Not a hard workshop but it's still 3 hours with 6 little boys (but little boys I know and a topic they love).   

I told dh this morning I couldn't decide if I liked getting up at 6:30am or not.   On the one hand, I really dislike getting out of bed at 6:30.  I've never been a morning person and I never will be.   On the other hand, I really like being able to drink my tea nice and slowly, I really like getting to the science center early so I can do my yoga and relax while setting up, I like not feeling rushed.    Even the kids have stopped griping about getting there early when they come with me (only twice a week for ds and once a week for dd, the rest of the time dh brings them at lunch or they stay home all day).  

I'm going to continue because I think it's an overall positive and it's already dark when I get up so that won't get worse, which was what I was worried about.  I can sleep in a little bit most weekends (I know they recommend not doing that but I really only manage until 8am or so).  

• Like 5