Menu

Ignore this thread!

I've decided to tackle the box of file folders that dh put things in.  Dd thinks this is boring so she is sitting on the couch watching t.v. on her IPod.  She has been sitting, watching t.v. on her IPod all day, even when she was lying on top of the dog.  I do not like that she is doing this but she refuses to do anything constructive unless I make her or do it with her.  She does go to the Y to volunteer daily and that is good.  

• Like 2

I've decided to tackle the box of file folders that dh put things in.  Dd thinks this is boring so she is sitting on the couch watching t.v. on her IPod.  She has been sitting, watching t.v. on her IPod all day, even when she was lying on top of the dog.  I do not like that she is doing this but she refuses to do anything constructive unless I make her or do it with her.  She does go to the Y to volunteer daily and that is good.  

I bet you can throw at least 63% of the contents of those folders away.  They clearly don't bring you joy.  

• Like 1

Overshare: The summer after I graduated from high school, I spent working at a clothing store, drinking, and hanging out with friends. I hung out a lot with one friend John, and we used to get drunk and make out in the park. We only made out when drunk. It turns out he is gay. :leaving:

Ok, Texie! That one made me spit out my coffee!
  • Like 2

I bet you can throw at least 63% of the contents of those folders away.  They clearly don't bring you joy.  

That might do some serious damage to my credit rating. . .    This is important stuff.  But it is as boring as watching a sloth race.  I did open one folder and then called the insurance company to find out how to find the forms on filing prescription claims on my own.  Scintillating stuff, right?  Actually I suppose my husband's idea of puttng all this stuff in file folders is probably better than my method of having a teetering pile of papers marked "important" on the edge of my desk. . . So now I have the right form but I have to make myself fill the stupid thing out.  (I really really was not meant to be a paper pusher.  Putting together 20 kits for catapults for my camp kids was fun.  This kind of stuff, not so much.)

• Like 1

That might do some serious damage to my credit rating. . . This is important stuff. But it is as boring as watching a sloth race. I did open one folder and then called the insurance company to find out how to find the forms on filing prescription claims on my own. Scintillating stuff, right? Actually I suppose my husband's idea of puttng all this stuff in file folders is probably better than my method of having a teetering pile of papers marked "important" on the edge of my desk. . . So now I have the right form but I have to make myself fill the stupid thing out. (I really really was not meant to be a paper pusher. Putting together 20 kits for catapults for my camp kids was fun. This kind of stuff, not so much.)

Blech. So sorry jean. :-( paperwork like that is miserable.

I would have been HALF OF the couple stumbled upon in my misspent youth.  :leaving:

Dancer asks, "so you split yourself in half, to be your own couple???"

You can still sleep in my bathtub. I just don't want to wake up with two of you in my house.

• Like 4

I need to kon mari my brain. (Probably should read the book first.)

Me, too.  My brain is cluttered with things that do not bring me joy and are just taking up space.

Dancer asks, "so you split yourself in half, to be your own couple???"

You can still sleep in my bathtub. I just don't want to wake up with two of you in my house.

UGH.  I see the apple does not fall far from the tree. :hat:

• Like 4

Jean - I really feel your pain about overwhelming house issues and starting up the homeschool year stress.  This, on top of your medical issues and recovering from camp prep and implementation, sounds like way too much to tackle alone. Do you have a friend who could come over and help with one thing - even just help talk you through your plans? Sometimes an outside energy source can really help. ((hugs))

• Like 3

Overshare:  The summer after I graduated from high school, I spent working at a clothing store, drinking, and hanging out with friends.  I hung out a lot with one friend John, and we used to get drunk and make out in the park.  We only made out when drunk.  It turns out he is gay. :leaving:

I..have..no...words...

• Like 2

I'm supposed to go get my hair done tomorrow. I am planning on a cut and coloring. I haven't been to a beauty salon in many years. I picked a picture that I liked, I think it will flatter my face shape. Showed it to the boys and both of them were....upset. Mom without a ponytail and no gray evidently is a shocking prospect. :sad:

The thing is, I really need some work done on the hair. It's getting thin, needs some layers and really, it's not pretty gray. Maybe more like unpleasantly yellowed possum gray. So now I'm going to have to overcome my anxiety over having my hair messed with and calm down two boys who think their mother is going to undergo some kind of hideous transformation.

• Like 4

I'm supposed to go get my hair done tomorrow. I am planning on a cut and coloring. I haven't been to a beauty salon in many years. I picked a picture that I liked, I think it will flatter my face shape. Showed it to the boys and both of them were....upset. Mom without a ponytail and no gray evidently is a shocking prospect. :sad:

The thing is, I really need some work done on the hair. It's getting thin, needs some layers and really, it's not pretty gray. Maybe more like unpleasantly yellowed possum gray. So now I'm going to have to overcome my anxiety over having my hair messed with and calm down two boys who think their mother is going to undergo some kind of hideous transformation.

(((Hugs))). You deserve this, and your boys will adjust to it. Be prepared not to like it at first. Just trust me in this. :)
  • Like 3

(((Hugs))). You deserve this, and your boys will adjust to it. Be prepared not to like it at first. Just trust me in this.  :) 

No kidding. Last hair cut I got was a real piece of work. Took me years to get over it. I fear for my head every time I go through the doors of these places. 

• Like 2

I'm so happy for you. You might not be extremely excited now, but it's so nice to feel so pretty. I do agree with tex though. It always takes me 3 days to like a haircut, but then I love it. Look into buying some nice shampoo and conditioner. You would not believe the difference it makes. I like Redken Allsoft (or All Soft, I don't know). It's amazing. I get the 33oz twin pack on discount.

• Like 4

Good for you! You will be happy to not be grey. I always am. I love my hairdresser. She kind of doubles as my therapist. I give her a big tip for doing double-duty! :)

• Like 6

DS told me last night his life is boring.

I asked, "Boring how?"

His response?  "It's too predictable.  I know what is going to happen everyday.  I get up, do schoolwork, eat, go to daycare, come home, eat, do schoolwork, and go to bed.  It's like nothing ever happens in my life."

He's 8.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  

• Like 7

Dogs can be very entertaining. My black lab with his `cone of shame` is using his cone as a weapon and chasing the poodle... except that he`s too lazy to chase all over the backyard so he waits for the poodle to come near him. :laugh:  The poodle played that game for a while, then ran inside the house. The lab`s staples will be removed today, then his cone/weapon is gone (hopefully forever). 

The rest of the household has not be a fan of getting their knees bashed with the cone. ;)

• Like 6

I asked, "Boring how?"

His response? "It's too predictable. I know what is going to happen everyday. I get up, do schoolwork, eat, go to daycare, come home, eat, do schoolwork, and go to bed. It's like nothing ever happens in my life."

He's 8. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tomorrow when you wake him up do it with a bucket of ice water and then ask if it was boring.

• Like 7

I love it when dogs (and cats) figure out that they can use their cone to terrorize their friends. :laugh: My ancient, best cat, may she rest in peace, found that she could lie in wait around the corner of the chimney, and when another cat reached just the right spot, she'd stick her head around the corner. She played that joke so many times but never got tired of it.

• Like 4

I asked, "Boring how?"

His response?  "It's too predictable.  I know what is going to happen everyday.  I get up, do schoolwork, eat, go to daycare, come home, eat, do schoolwork, and go to bed.  It's like nothing ever happens in my life."

:lol:

Dogs can be very entertaining. My black lab with his `cone of shame` is using his cone as a weapon and chasing the poodle... except that he`s too lazy to chase all over the backyard so he waits for the poodle to come near him. :laugh:  The poodle played that game for a while, then ran inside the house. The lab`s staples will be removed today, then his cone/weapon is gone (hopefully forever). 

The rest of the household has not be a fan of getting their knees bashed with the cone. ;)

When my Pyr got spayed, she wore a cone and stayed inside for three days.  I thought she and the rest of us would go mad.  She is large, klutzy on a good day and we have closely spaced furniture.  I thought she would leave us all with marks on our legs and tear up the furniture before it was all said and done.  AND she figured out a way to chew up the cone.

• Like 2

I asked, "Boring how?"

Your son and I are twins.  

• Like 3

Boo?

Ya!!

Sing it with me!!

(You know you want to!)

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they'll continue posting forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends...

***This Booya is dedicated to the happiest of birthdays of Mr. Quackers and Susan in TN's dad, who turns 77 today.***

• Like 7

This deeply disturbed Little Duck.  "What are they doing? Should they be doing that?  I don't think they should be doing that, Mommy. They are grown-ups."  

I agree. I don't think they should be doing that. I'm NOT a fan of musicals. Opera is good, though. It's the breaking into dance in the middle of a song or dialogue that I find annoying. Must be caused from bad memories of my youth. ;)

• Like 2