Menu

Ignore this thread!

People aren't taking this thread seriously! I had to scroll down to find it. Priorities, people! Priorities!

Some people were still sleeping, due to their crazy dog barking on and off for hours in the night. He was lonely. ARGGGG!!!!!  I was tempted to reverse the cone direction to muzzle the barks. ;)

• Like 4

Crazy day here.  A/C maintenance going on.  Orthodontist appt. and some other stuff.  Oh, and I had to take oldest to school :driving: because dh was out in the middle of the night with work related stuff. 

More coffee :drool5:  sounds like a great idea, but I can't.  Or I'll regret it. :glare:  I'm only allowed to have it in the morning.  :gnorsi:   :hat: 

• Like 3

Power is back.

On our first week of school, we have had a major disruption three out of four days. I try so hard, too.

Because it has been awhile. (She fell asleep this way.)

D8686A31-BFA0-49D3-A65C-01385576FEBE_zps

The other day our cat was sleeping just like that. (She's a tabby, too) except being an outdoor cat she was under a shady tree sprawled out in the grass. I've never wanted to be a cat so bad! Just laying there in the shade snoozing the day away!
  • Like 6

This flowered wallpaper is making me mad. It's VERY hard to get off!! Thankfully, some of the dc are excellent in wallpaper removal - and they actually like it! 

I'm supervising the dc from the basement with a glass of wine. ;)   A lot less micromanaging this way!

I discovered that while supervising from afar is good in theory, when you go to check on the progress the workers may have disappeared. Fortunately, the glass of wine helps buffer the mommy frustration.   :laugh:

• Like 5

AND, you got points for quoting yourself.  :hat:

Someone's gotta do it!

Oh, I also discovered that reading instructions on wallpaper removal liquid is both challenging (the type is so small!) and important. Dh helped out when we'd all given up, and noticed we were supposed to dilute the liquid with lots of water berfore using!  It works much better when used correctly. Dh is so proud of himself. Thankfully, all the flowers are gone off the wall!!  :hurray:

• Like 6

Last night: 

Car would not accelerate.  Added gas.  All better.  Got home.  DH came home and tested car to make sure.  Car again would not accelerate.  Not the gas. 

This morning:  

Had morning off to take DS to allergist.  DH refused to let me drive car.  DH took DS to allergist while I got to take care of car situation.  AAA called for tow to Garage.  Garage called to let them know it was coming.  Enterprise told to pick me up.  Bright red compact pulled into my driveway.  Lucky me.  Get to work.  Boss leaving as I pull in.  He chipped a tooth (know the feeling!)  Covered conference call for him in afternoon.  Emails didn't stop all day.  Tired, and want to go home.  Rental in rainstorm, accidents everywhere, traffic bad.

But then I got home and my Rainbow Resource order was waiting for me!!  All is well.

• Like 6

Last night:

Car would not accelerate. Added gas. All better. Got home. DH came home and tested car to make sure. Car again would not accelerate. Not the gas.

This morning:

Had morning off to take DS to allergist. DH refused to let me drive car. DH took DS to allergist while I got to take care of car situation. AAA called for tow to Garage. Garage called to let them know it was coming. Enterprise told to pick me up. Bright red compact pulled into my driveway. Lucky me. Get to work. Boss leaving as I pull in. He chipped a tooth (know the feeling!) Covered conference call for him in afternoon. Emails didn't stop all day. Tired, and want to go home. Rental in rainstorm, accidents everywhere, traffic bad.

But then I got home and my Rainbow Resource order was waiting for me!! All is well.

A day in the life.
  • Like 5

I forgot to mention that I needed some ibuprofin for joint and muscle pain before I could sleep. My forearms felt like they were on fire.

I can't like this because you were in pain.

Dh was having arm pain too, which was why he couldn't sleep. His stems from an...incident he had back in April in which he broke (we're sure) three of his fingers, putting him out of work for two months. He never went in to a doctor, but chose to wrap them up himself and let them heal on their own. Yesterday, he had been doing some hard labor, and he said his forearm went numb/sleep and had a weird pain-feeling.

I've decided to still purchase the Timberdoodle for the Gymanst, since I don't have students on Fridays and it would give her something different to do other than classroom toys. I have a million things to do as far as documentation and paperwork, and need something to keep her engaged. Dancer wants me to get her this chemistry periodic table puzzle for her to do and this cobra 3-d logic puzzle (both also on Timberdoodle).

• Like 4

Dh was having arm pain too, which was why he couldn't sleep. His stems from an...incident he had back in April in which he broke (we're sure) three of his fingers, putting him out of work for two months. He never went in to a doctor, but chose to wrap them up himself and let them heal on their own. Yesterday, he had been doing some hard labor, and he said his forearm went numb/sleep and had a weird pain-feeling.

This is one of the worst "do it yourself" medical stories I've ever heard.  I cannot even.

• Like 2

Poor guy. It's definitely tough to sleep when there's pain. Hope he gets some relief soon. Numbness sounds like nerve issues.

This is one of the worst "do it yourself" medical stories I've ever heard.  I cannot even.

He figured we could wrap it right because we learned after his wrist was taken out of a cast a few years ago. I kept telling him he should see a doctor. 

I must say though, after reading the Nauglers, it's not the worst I've heard, lol.

I heard a loud crash followed by "My penis isn't broken!" bellowed from across the house.

Next week I'm going to bed at 9, I'm getting up at 5, and I'm reading and running or lifting every morning before the kids are up. I've had a tough couple weeks, but I think it's over. That elimination diet was h*ll on me and then I was 5 days late which I thought meant I was getting some time off, but then it appeared the kool aid guy was trying to break out of my uterus.

• Like 5

He figured we could wrap it right because we learned after his wrist was taken out of a cast a few years ago. I kept telling him he should see a doctor.

I must say though, after reading the Nauglers, it's not the worst I've heard, lol.

Nope, you need actual xrays for that, I think.

I have not read the Nauglers.

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 2

Nope, you need actually xrays for that, I think.

I have not read the Nauglers.

I am a "do it yourself-er" with a lot of medical things, but broken bones do not fall into that category.  I do have a canine/feline staple gun which I plan to use on one of my kids at the first opportunity.  I also have betadine and medical gloves. And a staple remover, of course.  I'm a little too overanxious to use it, I think. :leaving:

Yep. You'd think he would know this, considering he shattered his wrist when he fell out of a tree a few years ago. (Yes, he saw a doctor then.) Oh, well. I have no sympathy anyway.

• Like 1

Still alive here.  I'm a little addled from paint fumes, but not dead yet.  The only spot left to paint is a small ring around the light fixture.  I have told DH he can paint that tomorrow morning, right before we start installing the new closet stuff.  Hopefully by weekend's end we will have all of our clothes moved back in.

Big hugs and hope for fresh air for all affected by the fires.  I texted my Dear Sis when I heard fires were in Washington -- she says she's located in the center of a very big ring of fires and unlikely to be caught directly.  It sounds like a real mess for those who are closer.  I'm very sorry for the families of those who died.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I'm also just a bit miffed that my local news didn't think something on this scale is newsworthy in the morning, and the nation-wide show only mentioned "Washington", without specifying where in the state the fires were or mentioning that the fires spanned multiple states.  I'm off to check inciweb to see if I can see a map of them all.

• Like 6

Not dead yet is a start.

Ds has moved back to the university. I hope he and his roommate get along OK.

Dd had an audition (Annie musical) and did very well. Then she drove into a ditch on the way to a surprise birthday party. Dh is going to get her/see if we need a tow. This is not going to be a good week to be without the car.

:grouphug: Susan! I'm so sorry. Hope the damage is less than you expect!

Poor thing - the parents of the birthday kid came and picked her up from the accident and said they would drive her home. She was about 4 blocks from their house. (She decided to go to the party rather than stay at home and cry)

Dh said she went off the road in the only 10 feet that would not have caused the car to flip, so we are pretty grateful she was not hurt. He said he can't see any damage, but is having the car towed to the shop to make sure.

• Like 2

Little girls are in bed, I have about 15 minutes of peace before DH comes home with the older kids. They went to my parents' church to watch the sequel to "God's Not Dead!". It's been a rather peaceful evening!

No way! I got a booya! I got a booya! My first one! Woohoo! Thank-you, thank you! everyone who made this moment possible!

• Like 8