Menu

Ignore this thread!

4 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Only one day late....that’s not too horrid.

No it's not horrid at all.  It means that I haven't been limping around the house barely able to walk.  :)

It's just that I was so pleased that I had actually remembered... only to realize that I hadn't.

• Like 4

Today's recap:

Ds17 got immunizations he needs before heading off to college.

The kids found a turtle in the backyard.  Actually, he was at the bottom of our walk-out basement steps.  I hope he didn't fall, but the reality is he probably did.  Dh put him back in the woods.

I organized some boxes and toys in the garage.

I cleaned the (really gross) 1/2 bath that I never use.

I cleaned the stove top, including the burner plates.

We had waffles (with whipped cream and fresh raspberries!) for dinner.

Dh replaced some boards on our deck.

It was a busy day!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I can't catch up but I hope everyone is doing well! We got back from our trip Monday and it was so awesome.

I could get used to living like rich people. They put us up in a 5 star hotel in the hotel's special club level floor. We've never stayed in a 5 star hotel before and didn't even know there were special club levels! I would never ever ever spend that much per night of my own money, but it was really nice to stay there with someone else's money. The nightly rate was higher than a month's rent on our first apartment and maybe even our first house! The other guests were probably wondering who let us up there because we were staring and eating free pastries like we were just let out of the workhouse. They had reservations for us at a nice restaurant and money to pay for it, a sunset cruise, and tickets to some museums. On the flight home we were bumped to first class which I've never been in before. It was a smaller plane so maybe not as fancy as a larger one would be, but it was still fun. 

Baby went with us and thoroughly enjoyed being a spoiled only child. He charmed everyone and was in such good moods. I know some people on the tours and in the restaurants, and even the plane were staring at us like, "Ugh, who brings a baby here!" but he was so good! One of the tour guides who gave us the biggest stink eye even stopped the tour halfway to point at him and say, "That is a very good baby!" By the end she was all cootchy coo with him. One baby is so easy and fun after being used to 5 kids, but we're glad to be home with everyone else now. 

• Like 10

Coffee!

I'm not even trying to be in a hurry this morning. Ima let BFF win this one. My throat was doing a weird you-might-be-allergic thing last night and I'm not a fan.

Krissi, aren't there supposed to be kitten pictures here??

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

Coffee!

I'm not even trying to be in a hurry this morning. Ima let BFF win this one. My throat was doing a weird you-might-be-allergic thing last night and I'm not a fan.

Krissi, aren't there supposed to be kitten pictures here??

(((whitehawk)))

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

(((Whitehawk)))  strange food item?

I really doubt it was the Terra Chips, and I've never reacted to strawberries before... I suspect yard work I did in the afternoon. But it's looking pretty bad out there. I might buy some benadryl and take it before going out this afternoon.

I didn't think we were supposed to get rain this week, but it rained this morning. Very humid out there. Got to get to work on revision. I painted last night and this morning. I hope to have both portraits substantially complete by Thursday to take to art class and work on the touch ups and shadowing with the professional. I had a little bit of an epiphany last night. I was critically seeing everything that was wrong with my pictures and thinking about how I should fix those issues, but at the same time I could look at the paintings with pride in how far I've progressed with painting multiple times a week. Plus, those are my kids, and I painted every brush stroke on their faces with loving care because they are my kids. Are the pictures perfect? No. Can I do better the next time I paint them? Yes. Are they good pieces I should be happy with? Yes.

It's nice to know I can be critical and judge my work, but still see the merit in it.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Can I tell you that it was VERY weird being at Kindergarten roundup and realizing I was likely the oldest parent in the room? There was one dad that may have been a few years older but his wife was in her 20s. (Ew.) 

I have been feeling older lately, especially as my friends are all becoming grandmas.

I am one of the oldest people I know with kids my age. But, fortunately due to good genetics, I don’t look it. The best complement i’ve Gotten recently is standing around last week at the Awana TNT Girls campfire night with a bunch of gals, all but one at least 10 years younger than me. They were talking about the horrors of turning 40 and I said, “well, just wait till you turn 50”, and every single woman except 1 (she knows my age) looked at me, and one of them said, “you’re 50?” in a completely shocked voice. It was great. But, I can’t take credit for it. I do take care of my skin and try to look nice, but my mom is turning 80 this fall and she’s gorgeous. Doesn’t look it at all.

• Like 8

I forgot my “Good Morning Post”. Too busy ketchuping.

so....

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!!~D

wednesday!! No Awana. Yay!! Just piano lessons and school. I gotta call the camp we always go to for Family Camp. I haven’t gotten an invoice yet, and it’s two weeks away.

The birds are singing away outside. I love spring.

• Like 4

I was a very young mom in our city... My sister had a kid just a few years later in her city and she was one of the oldest in hers. I have a pre interview on the phone in an hour. Must prepare.

12 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Can I tell you that it was VERY weird being at Kindergarten roundup and realizing I was likely the oldest parent in the room? There was one dad that may have been a few years older but his wife was in her 20s. (Ew.) 

I have been feeling older lately, especially as my friends are all becoming grandmas.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Junie said:

Dh has noticed an increase in my energy since last week.

I'm wondering how long my iron was that low.

If you're getting rheumy panels every 3 months, you should have some tracking numbers for as long as you've been on your shots.  It might be helpful to see if you were on a downward trend....

1 hour ago, prairiewindmomma said:

If you're getting rheumy panels every 3 months, you should have some tracking numbers for as long as you've been on your shots.  It might be helpful to see if you were on a downward trend....

My last bloodwork was in June.

She didn't order bloodwork in October.

I didn't schedule my January appointment because it is an hour away and I didn't want to drive in snow/ice.  Also, flu season. 

ETA: My bloodwork last year was within normal limits.  Hemoglobin was 12 something.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Tsuga said:

I'm working from home but I can't find my slippers. What is the point of working from home if you don't have slippers even?

How was your interview?

29 minutes ago, Tsuga said:

What are you guys all doing, educating your kids or something?

I was a 3 garden centers looking for decent varieties of cherry tomato plants.  Then stopped at Goodwill to find polypro shirts for the girls. Then stopped at Hobby Lobby to get some stick-on velcro.  Then home to get lunch ready - leftover macaroni and cheese and apple sauce.  

SOME laundry has been dealt with.  There is more to do.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

How was your interview?

I was a 3 garden centers looking for decent varieties of cherry tomato plants.  Then stopped at Goodwill to find polypro shirts for the girls. Then stopped at Hobby Lobby to get some stick-on velcro.  Then home to get lunch ready - leftover macaroni and cheese and apple sauce.  

SOME laundry has been dealt with.  There is more to do.

The interview went GREAT. They are sending me several positions to interview for, so I passed the screen. It's for a company I actually like--they make stuff I really think is useful--and one position is in a specific area of the company which I would LOVE TO GET INTO. Because it's technical-technical (I would do technical work for technical people... ) which would be a growth area for me.

I want leftover macaroni and cheese. I have a really good recipe that takes a while... I need to make it again. Maybe tonight!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

49 minutes ago, Junie said:

My last bloodwork was in June.

She didn't order bloodwork in October.

I didn't schedule my January appointment because it is an hour away and I didn't want to drive in snow/ice.  Also, flu season. 

ETA: My bloodwork last year was within normal limits.  Hemoglobin was 12 something.

I'm a bit jealous. I can't get my med refills unless I get my labs done. 

• Like 1

Ok, ceiling fans are ordered. This house has HUGE windows, which is lovely, and a huge solar gain even with blinds + curtains. That's great in the winter but not so lovely as temperatures creep up. If the thermostat downstairs is set to 72, the upstairs is 78.  We actually kept our thermostat at 78 when we lived in Texas, but we had ceiling fans + tile floors. We're going to put in ceiling fans everywhere upstairs and see if that helps.  The alternative is installing more HVAC vents....we have enough airflow we can do it, but it's way more $$$$.

• Like 3