Menu

Ignore this thread!

I am having a Monday.

Woke up to find out that one of the girls is sick.  (She has no fever and seems to be feeling better, but apparently the flu is going around in our area again/still.) 

Homeschooled.

Took ds17 to work and witnessed an accident.  An 18-wheeler sheered off a light pole because he couldn't make the right turn wide enough.  The truck kept going.

Stopped by the police station to report the accident.  (It was less than a mile away.)

Picked up groceries.

Took groceries home/put them away.  Supervised lunch preparations.

Called the police officer back (he had called while I was picking up groceries).  I apologized for not getting the license number.  He said, "That's ok.  I caught him."

Eating potstickers and ITTing.

I'm ready for a nap.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Slache said:

Found it!

https://m.plantoeat.com/ref/bfd48234e6

You know it's half off in November, right?

Thank you! I'm going to do the free trial and just buy it if I ❤️ it. I don't want to wait 6 months to get our menu the way I want it, and if I wait until November to buy it, I'll wind up waiting until the end of January to use it. I think I'll save the $20 within about two months of making more myself and being more vigilant about waste.

52 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

We have a bunny mystery.  This morning when Juliet and I came back from pottying (she did the potty outside - I didn't), there was Bailey waiting for us at the back door.  But dd's bedroom door was still closed.  How did that bunny get out?  Or was she out all night?  She's not telling. . .  

Juliet has a new trick! (Hey, Mom, watch me pull a rabbit out of our yard!) Why potty alone when you can bring a friend? ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Baby fruits are growing on it.

I'm glad I asked.  I thought it meant you had just planted them.  Now I know.

ETA:  Thinking about it more, I have heard about fruit trees "setting fruit", but I don't think I ever heard anyone here say it in relation to vegetables/peppers.  Or maybe I just didn't know what they were talking about and ignored them. :LOL:

• Like 2

We're not getting a cat!

42 minutes ago, whitehawk said:

Thank you! I'm going to do the free trial and just buy it if I ❤️ it. I don't want to wait 6 months to get our menu the way I want it, and if I wait until November to buy it, I'll wind up waiting until the end of January to use it. I think I'll save the $20 within about two months of making more myself and being more vigilant about waste.

Juliet has a new trick! (Hey, Mom, watch me pull a rabbit out of our yard!) Why potty alone when you can bring a friend? ?

Yes, you'll definitely save money *if* you use it. I'm mrslubbe if you wanna go through my stuff. I emphasize paleo and batch cooking.

38 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Yeah, well, we got two!! And I’d post a picture to really make your life miserable if I knew how.

BD28621D-D4ED-4FEA-8549-55931E6BFE01.jpeg

Cute! No.

4 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

I worked on my closet a bit.  I'm about to sweat, so I'm gonna stop now.  :ohmy:

You'd be so proud of me! I have done nothing.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I just called a national dental chain's billing department. I waited in queue for 10 minutes. At that point, I was kicked out of queue and the call ended.  Customer service win (NOT).

Ewwwww, that is not cool!! 

• Like 1

Ok, so what do you guys think about this situation. I went to the grocery store. I parked in the parking lot. The space was a bit tight, but I parked correctly. I got out and was walking toward the store and the lady I parked next to said, can you park right?” I said, “excuse me?” She said, “can you park right? I can’t even get my kids out of my car.” Well, I looked at how I had parked. I was well within my space, several inches inside the white line. I told her this and proceeded to go into the store. When I came back out (I was fully prepared to see slashed tires or keyed paint job) and looked again at how I parked. Indeed, the space was tight and I may have been parked slightly closer to her car than dead center, but the only way I could have pleased her would have been to pull out and park somewhere else.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Ok, so what do you guys think about this situation. I went to the grocery store. I parked in the parking lot. The space was a bit tight, but I parked correctly. I got out and was walking toward the store and the lady I parked next to said, can you park right?” I said, “excuse me?” She said, “can you park right? I can’t even get my kids out of my car.” Well, I looked at how I had parked. I was well within my space, several inches inside the white line. I told her this and proceeded to go into the store. When I came back out (I was fully prepared to see slashed tires or keyed paint job) and looked again at how I parked. Indeed, the space was tight and I may have been parked slightly closer to her car than dead center, but the only way I could have pleased her would have been to pull out and park somewhere else.

I think it would depend on the circumstances. I have been in her position in a similar situation.....Trader Joe's parking lot in DC (tiny, rooftop lot at an angle, only 20 parking spots available).....and I had a baby and a fully wheelchair bound daughter with me (& no one else to help & no handicapped spot available & no time to shop elsewhere).  I explained the problem, and asked if they wouldn't mind parking elsewhere, or backing out just so that I could access the wheelchair. They kindly accommodated me by backing out and waiting until I got the wheelchair out and dd in it.  So, if this lady was in that sort of circumstances....I would gladly move my vehicle.

Everything else, I don't know. Sometimes I pull into a tight spot knowing that I'm putting others into a cramped position even though I am well within the lines. It's the hazard of driving a not-Prius. (And, frankly, some of the lots here are all for compact cars and it's just frustrating.)  I haven't ever been directly confronted, though.  The rules seem to be based by geolocation. In the Midwest, I would likely be stoned by everyone else in the parking lot before I made it in the door in Stuffmart.  Just kidding, but it's an act of extreme rudeness. One does not do that---but parking spots are generally large.  In Texas, that could spark a gunfight on a bad night.  No moral problem though....it happened to me a lot there. Here....haven't lived long enough to know.  When I read the paper, I don't hear about daily shootings over driving and parking.  I don't think people are as aggressive here.  Passive aggressive, sure, but not aggressive.

That's a hard position to be in.  I don't envy you, Krissi.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Ignore 100%. The entitlement of some people. She should park in her space right or figure it out.

Once someone honked at me while I was looking at my phone getting directions in a busy parking spot. You know the drill, you look at your calendar, google the place you want to go, then enter it into maps... it takes a while. And then you text the family to let them know you're going to be picking up laundry detergent and how many toilet paper rolls do we have left? You know the drill.

After she honked I gave her a cold stare, got out of my car (which was not running), and walked back up to the store to finish my browsing.

Parking spots are 100% first come first serve, stay in the lines and you are good. Anyone who tries to get the world to do otherwise is going to have a really bad time.

• Like 5

(((Krissi)))

I think the problem is that most parking spaces are too narrow.

I drive a rather large vehicle and it is very difficult for me to park it at some stores.  The arthritis is my wrists makes the problem worse.  In fact, I often use my handicapped parking placard so that I can used the handicapped spaces.  They are much wider and easier for me to maneuver.

I have been on the other side of the situation, too.  We have sometimes had to move our vehicle to another spot because we couldn't get the kids out of the car.

Well, now that I think it through, I realize I probably should have moved or something. It is frustrating to be in that situation, but honestly, I didn’t even realize someone was in the car when I parked it, or I wouldn’t have parked there. She completely surprised me with her comment and then her tone and words were pretty harsh, so I got a little defensive.

One time when I was leaving a store, two vehicles tried to park in my parking space before I was even completely out of it.  I was able to get out, but neither of them were able to get in because they were blocking each other.  As I pulled away, people were getting out of both vehicles and yelling at each other.  It was ugly.

1 minute ago, Junie said:

(((Krissi)))

I think the problem is that most parking spaces are too narrow.

I drive a rather large vehicle and it is very difficult for me to park it at some stores.  The arthritis is my wrists makes the problem worse.  In fact, I often use my handicapped parking placard so that I can used the handicapped spaces.  They are much wider and easier for me to maneuver.

I have been on the other side of the situation, too.  We have sometimes had to move our vehicle to another spot because we couldn't get the kids out of the car.

It is surprising that most places haven't kept up space size with car size.

I don't mind parking in a different spot for my kids to get out. The way I see it, nobody owes me a bigger or closer spot. Of course it's slightly frustrating to walk further, but this is an everyday thing. Some days you win the parking lottery, some days you lose.

I understand that some people simply cannot walk far but I think that's what the disabled spots are for. They are generally wider and easier to get into than other spots.

• Like 1