Menu

Ignore this thread!

18 minutes ago, Slache said:

That's supposed to be the joy of buying t-shirts though! They're supposed to look acceptable no matter what, not cling to your rolls and shout "Hey, look at me! I like donuts!"

Actually, it just made me look extremely wide. Like a lady who should be walking around in a Hawaiian print mu-mu with curlers in my hair.

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I wish that I didn't have to force myself to do everything.  Roll out of bed in the morning?  Force myself to do it.  (My bladder helps force me.  ?  )

Pooper scoop?  Force myself to do it.  OK - probably everyone has to force themselves to do that.

Go for a walk with my friend?  Force myself to do it. 

Go to this graduation this morning for my friend?  Force myself to do it.

There is an achy component to everything I do.  I think that's why I don't want to do anything.  I want to be like the puppy who does everything with joyous abandon. 

((Jeannie))

I got a new phone. It's a little intimidating, but it takes very nice pictures. Unfortunately for me, my old phone is beyond dead. All my old pictures may be gone forever. We don't know yet. I guess it's a good thing I offloaded some of my favorites about a week ago. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

8 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

The cat... the birds.... dh snoring....  It's a conspiracy! 

So glad I am not alone. We need to get the snorers, the cats, and the birds together and go out for coffee while they all cacophonate together.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I am not paralyzed by decision making. It's the second-guessing that gets me. However, I pulled the trigger on a developmental editor. The editor who didn't feel she was a good fit strongly recommended the other editor I consulted. So we have a winner.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

I am not paralyzed by decision making. It's the second-guessing that gets me. However, I pulled the trigger on a developmental editor. The editor who didn't feel she was a good fit strongly recommended the other editor I consulted. So we have a winner.

Yay!!! Winner winner chicken dinner!!

• Like 2

Sketch one of the boys for the Mother's Day paintings is done. I need to repeat the drawing (I drew it so I can trace it) and then mix up skin-tone mix for faces, decide on the blue color in the background, and then pick shirt colors, hair colors and eye colors.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Slache, why can't you do whole30 and Matt do keto?  All you have to do is each avoid certain things, right?  We never do the whole thing as a family unit, but incorporate each of the parts, mostly.

Too much work.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

No, lol, just watching from home.  I've never been to the Derby.  My brother is there today as a photographer!  

Is your brother a journalist?  (Journalism was my unofficial minor in college.)

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

Almost time for "My Old Kentucky Home"

It's an everyone is a Kentuckian BOOYAH!!!!!  

Woohoo!! I didn’t watch the race, but I picked a horse. My Boy Jack. He came in 5th.

1 hour ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Do you have your hat and mint julep, Lynn?

I had a mint julep without the julep. Which would be sweetened mint-water on the rocks.

1 hour ago, prairiewindmomma said:

The girls’ room is done. I reclaimed about 30 pencils, including two of my Mirado Black Warriors pencils  (back <2010,when they were still good.) I am down to my last six pencils, so this is a bonus.

That always happens to me.

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

No, lol, just watching from home.  I've never been to the Derby.  My brother is there today as a photographer!  

That is so cool!!

• Like 3

Second sketch done. I'm doing the same photo for both grandmothers. I have a special photo I want to do just for myself. My art teacher encouraged me to get a little impressionistic with it, and I'm looking forward to the experiment. But for the grandmas, a close up portrait is perfect.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

Second sketch done. I'm doing the same photo for both grandmothers. I have a special photo I want to do just for myself. My art teacher encouraged me to get a little impressionistic with it, and I'm looking forward to the experiment. But for the grandmas, a close up portrait is perfect.

You’re so cool, Critter. Our grandmas are getting a little pot with a half dead succulent in it. Well, i’m Hoping it perks up in a week.

• Like 4

I just finished a good book. “Calico Joe” by John Grisham. It’s in the “Book with a two-word title” category of my book challenge. I was in to John Grisham a long time ago, but got burnt out from his lawyer novels. This was a really good book. It’s a baseball book, and I am not particularly in to baseball, but this was a very good book. He’s a good writer.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

You’re so cool, Critter. Our grandmas are getting a little pot with a half dead succulent in it. Well, i’m Hoping it perks up in a week.

It's good practice for me. I needed to work on portraits. Been painting a lot of flowers lately. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Do Whole30 and buy Matt a chunk of cheese.  Everyone wins!

The only way that we can afford for me to eat in a way that works the best for my health involves buying lots of sweet potatoes, potatoes, eggplants and other inexpensive fillers. If he were not eating those we would not be able to afford Whole30 and I would feel like this all of the time.

Also, with my chronic nausea he has to make all of the meals and he does not want to make two dinners every night.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Junie said:

Is your brother a journalist?  (Journalism was my unofficial minor in college.)

11 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

No, he's a photographer.  

11 hours ago, Junie said:

I was just wondering if he was a photographer for a newspaper or magazine.

Oh, sorry.  Showing my ignorance, lol.  He's a free lance photographer, but sometimes does work for publications, and in fact may have been representing one at the Derby - I'm not sure.  

• Like 2

Good morning!  It's Sunday!

We'll go to early service, come home for an early lunch and then Grandma and Grandpa will head back home, dh will bring 3 kids to orchestra dress rehearsal and recital rehearsal, and I will bring dd19 back to her university.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Grd mrfing. No culprits of sleep deprivation here, I just went to bed late and didn't want to wake up this morning when the sun told me I had to get up. DH went to get groceries. I need to revise, put the revisions in, then work on painting, fix the school schedule and I have to help with a project this afternoon. Lazy Sunday not so much.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Sunday!!!!

Church!!?

Parent meeting mid-afternoon. I hate going to those meetings. Kind of boring.

I was asked to be on the youth committee at church. I don’t have the time or energy, but I feel like I should. We really support the youth pastor. He is a good guy and he’s got his head on straight. And he’s not one to just entertain them all the time, just to keep numbers up. He is really committed to teaching the kids about Scriptural truths and service to others. This makes him unpopular with some who think we should do whatever it takes (water down Scripture, don’t get too deep or you’ll chase kids away) to just get kids through the door.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Grd mrfing. No culprits of sleep deprivation here, I just went to bed late and didn't want to wake up this morning when the sun told me I had to get up. DH went to get groceries. I need to revise, put the revisions in, then work on painting, fix the school schedule and I have to help with a project this afternoon. Lazy Sunday not so much.

We had two raucous mockingbirds as alarm clocks this morning. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1