Menu

Ignore this thread!

We need to think like preppers. Where are we going to meet if a zombie apocalypse takes out the forum? :toetap05:

You know, I was thinking this, too. What should we do?? Is there one of us or two who has our contact information who can gather us all together is something happens?
  • Like 1

:huh:

:confused1:

:glare:

:ohmy:  

:thumbdown:

:scared:

:crying:

:hurray:

:thumbup1:

:seeya:

Poor Junie! You must be exhausted!

I wasn’t quite at the Panic Point when I went to bed last night, but the thought did cross my mind as to... if the site just disappears, so do all my friends. And then what??

I felt like all my friends died at the same time.  It was awful. 

We need to think like preppers.  Where are we going to meet if a zombie apocalypse takes out the forum?  

Maybe we should all give our contact info to someone.  I nominate Jean.

I would share mine.

You know, I was thinking this, too. What should we do?? Is there one of us or two who has our contact information who can gather us all together is something happens?

I stopped multi-quoting, because we're all on the same page. Anyone who wants to exchange info, PM me.

I think a "Woman in Charge" is a great idea. Frankly, I totally lack the organizational skills.

Edited by JoJosMom
  • Like 4

Poor Junie! You must be exhausted!

I stopped multi-quoting, because we're all on the same page. Anyone who wants to exchange info, PM me.

As for "Woman in Charge," I'd nominate Jean or Susan or Lynn, depending upon availability/willingness. Frankly, I totally lack the organizational skills.

Jean, you might wanna clear out your pm box if it's nearly full.  You're about to get bombarded.   :p

• Like 4

I should add: I DON'T think that we should preemptively bombard my nominees with PMs. We should just wait and see if someone says (on the thread), "Gosh, that seems right up my alley." And not necessarily just the people I mentioned.  Which I probably shouldn't have.

Pondering deleting...

ETA: I modified an above post. I apologize for making any specific suggestions and making anyone uncomfortable.

Edited by JoJosMom

I think there should be two of us... just as a back up. I will volunteer myself. You can PM me with whatever information you want to give me and then I will give my information to the other person, so everyone is covered. I will then take that information and put it in the huge, strong safe in my closet and guard it with my life.

• Like 7

I would share mine.

Between a few of us, I think most numbers are covered. There are a few of us though that I don't think has shared with anyone.

ETA: what I mean is, I have (or had before changing phones), about 5 or 6 numbers. One of them has at least one number I don't have, and that person has someone else's number I don't have. Like a chain.

Edited by Renai
  • Like 2

There were ITT withdrawals.

We were at the ER at 3:30 this morning. Gymnast woke up not being able to breathe well and a barking cough. She was diagnosed with croup, although the doctor kept saying she was too old for that, and given the steroid.

• Like 1

We were at the ER at 3:30 this morning. Gymnast woke up not being able to breathe well and a barking cough. She was diagnosed with croup, although the doctor kept saying she was too old for that, and given the steroid.

Oh no! I hope she recovers quickly. I've done the middle of the night ER run with a child who couldn't breathe. It is scary.

• Like 2

:grouphug: Me, too.

:grouphug: :grouphug: Poor Gymnast! 

• Like 2

Between a few of us, I think most numbers are covered. There are a few of us though that I don't think has shared with anyone.

ETA: what I mean is, I have (or had before changing phones), about 5 or 6 numbers. One of them has at least one number I don't have, and that person has someone else's number I don't have. Like a chain.

I don’t have anyone’s and no one has mine. I don’t think. If you think we have it covered, then i’ll Send you and Jean mine.
  • Like 2

Half of the school day is done. I have to proof a couple of chapters, write another 1000 words on my story and tackle a short story that has a little more inspiration behind it than it did. I'm seeing the location and the characters now, so I'd best write while the images are clear.

• Like 1

We did subordinate clauses in grammar today. They were difficult, but fun.

I like subordinate clauses. I love phrase type things - subordinate clauses, prepositional phrases, etc. I really like those types of clauses in Latin. It makes me feel happy when I understand them.
  • Like 2

We need to think like preppers. Where are we going to meet if a zombie apocalypse takes out the forum? :toetap05:

Man! I stopped by to look up Krissi's ranch dressing recipe and got distracted by an apocalypse!

Renai, on 02 Apr 2016 - 3:50 PM, said:

Recipe for ITT cookbook!

Oh yeah, it's a good one! I actually got it from a magazine... The article was called "The Dressing Algorithm". They give you two recipe bases... One for viniagrette and the other for creamy. And then half a dozen add-ins for each to make whatever kind of dressing you want. I'm hooked on the ranch.

3/4 C mayo

1/2 c buttermilk

1/ 2 tsp. salt,

Black pepper

1T white vinegar

1 tsp each...garlic powder, onion powder

1 tsp dried or 1 tbs. fresh of dill and chives.

Very good and quick to make

• Like 3

(((Gymnast))) (((Renai))) Did you have to teach this morning?

Yes. I actually had to cancel my 5am and 5:30am classes because I was still going to be at the hospital at 5, and wasn't sure about 5:30. We wound up taking an old guy home from the ER, and still got home in time to have taught the 5:30 (it was 5:25), but was glad I cancelled. I taught my last two classes though - 6 and 6:30, went back to bed, and woke around 9.

• Like 3

So, I have Gymnast as part of another free online coop (Empowered) and she is part of this storytelling class where the leader and her kids read books and allow the other children to share books as well. This was their second class, but Gymnast's first since we were doing Dancer's stuff last week. Anyway, the beginning of the class the teacher asked what were the students' favorite books and Gymnast mentioned she can't read. (She can read, just not fluently.) By the end of class, she was volunteering to read a book next week!  :ohmy:  :svengo:  I'm thinking a Fox In Socks or Hop on Pop book, or something like that. She doesn't have much endurance for reading...

• Like 5

So, I have Gymnast as part of another free online coop (Empowered) and she is part of this storytelling class where the leader and her kids read books and allow the other children to share books as well. This was their second class, but Gymnast's first since we were doing Dancer's stuff last week. Anyway, the beginning of the class the teacher asked what were the students' favorite books and Gymnast mentioned she can't read. (She can read, just not fluently.) By the end of class, she was volunteering to read a book next week!  :ohmy:  :svengo:  I'm thinking a Fox In Socks or Hop on Pop book, or something like that. She doesn't have much endurance for reading...

Can she memorize something? John used to do that. Then he would sort of combine the memorization with reading, using the memorization as a crutch.

• Like 2

How is she feeling?

How is she feeling?

Better. It sounds like the phlegm is loosening up, and she doesn't sound hollow or like a barking seal. As much.

We're getting ready to go get the x-rays that were ordered from Saturday's urgent care trip. (my lungs, her arm)

• Like 6

I'm listening to the soundtrack of The Greatest Showman even though I haven't watched the movie. 

It's a great soundtrack.

I've not seen the movie either but have heard positive reports.

Do you like the music?

Yes. And it's a great movie.

• Like 3

Youngest ds is sick. Fever of 101 started today. Congestion started Sunday night. I'm thinking not flu since it came on gradually, not suddenly. Tylenol seems to be controlling the fever. He has slept all day. I'm waiting for drs office to call me back because dh was worried about flu.

:grouphug:

Hope he gets well quickly and the rest of the family doesn't catch it.

• Like 1

Youngest ds is sick. Fever of 101 started today. Congestion started Sunday night. I'm thinking not flu since it came on gradually, not suddenly. Tylenol seems to be controlling the fever. He has slept all day. I'm waiting for drs office to call me back because dh was worried about flu.

Yeah, my dh is also worried about flu. He was freaking out this morning, and when he freaks out he gets angry and starts blaming me for everything. It wasn't pleasant. But, I remained calm.

• Like 1

I would think flu, too. Ears, people! Do the ears!

Maybe sinus infection? that might cause a fever.

Edited by Susan in TN

The cold that just ripped through my house came with fevers of 100 to 102. But the aches and coughing were less than what I would expect with the flu. Tylenol did a good job of keeping the fever down around the 99 to 100 mark. Boys were eating throughout the sickness and only complaining of a sore throat. Duration was about three days, with the third day being no fever, but just tired and a little off.

• Like 2

I would think flu, too. Ears, people! Do the ears!

Maybe sinus infection? that might cause a fever.

I know you've told me a hundred times, but for some reason, I still don't "have it" in my head or anywhere else.  Maybe page 1425 of ITT?  I don't know.  I'm lazy.

It's supposed to be diluted, right?  How much?  How often?  

I'm voting some cold virus that's not flu.  I think he caught it from playing with Critter's turtles, lol.

• Like 1