Menu

Ignore this thread!

:willy_nilly: When I was in my early 20's, did I drive my parents this crazy? It's probably easier for me because ds22 and I are enough alike that I kind of get how he processes and handles things. But still... :svengo:

I announced my engagement shortly after turning 21. My parents opted not to tell me (until several years later) that they were rather terrified--so much so that they wound up talking on the phone about it. (They'd married at 18 and 19, and it did not go well; I could count on one hand the number of times they've had a civil conversation of more than a few words in front of me.)

• Like 1

Booya.

I got second sleep.

I love Junie's lists.

I want The Reader's Odyssey.

They misspelled pantz. Hmph.

26169843_792405894299810_355243430836456

#truth

For high school English we do a lot of literature appreciation and not so much analysis.

This is what we have done thus far:

Introduction to Literature -- (8th grade)

American Lit --

Brit Lit --

World Lit I -- Fairy Tales, Fables, Epic Stories, Myths

World Lit II -- Whatever We Missed in the Other Classes

My 3 high schoolers love to read and read a lot. I'm looking for ds17's reading lists and I'll post them for you.

I love this! They mature so much between 9th and 12th. Simply brilliant. Edited by Slache
  • Like 5

Are these general prayers, or did I miss something?

As for DS, I'm with him. I spent half my childhood in Florida, and you couldn't pay me to live there. It is, on the other hand, a great place to visit. In the winter. Only in the winter.

Prayers are for my soul, since I no longer identify as Christian.

Maybe DS is right. This was mostly for DH, but now even he is wavering. Now maybe 1/2 and 1/2, which I don’t really want atm. Hmmmm. I’d actually rather move to NC near my bestie. ;)

• Like 5

Are these general prayers, or did I miss something?

As for DS, I'm with him. I spent half my childhood in Florida, and you couldn't pay me to live there. It is, on the other hand, a great place to visit. In the winter. Only in the winter.

Where in Florida did you live? What didn’t you like about it?

• Like 1

Where in Florida did you live? What didn’t you like about it?

I was born in St. Petersburg; we also lived in Naples.  My dad went to high school in Lakeland back when that was still the deep south.

My greatest dislike of Florida is the weather. It is very hot and very, very humid. Summers are truly miserable. Then, along with the heat and humidity, you get the bugs. Lots and lots of bugs. And the outdoors has alligators and nasty poisonous snakes. I will never expunge from my memory banks the time we were fishing with Daddy in the johnboat and were attacked by a water moccasin. Scarred. For. Life.

Nowadays, there's also the whole overpopulation thing. I love the culture of the south, but Florida has lost that vibe, for the most part. Just too many da*n Yankees and not enough charm.

I miss the Gulf beaches, though. In my mind, that's what a beach should be:  cottony white sand, warm water, and gentle waves. :)

• Like 4

I got The Reader's Odyssey on ILL, along with Draw Your World.

I have 2 audible credits and a month to use them. Normally I only get the $1 deals but since I have them I'm getting Greek Myths and an Aesop. This will be 4 new books in last few weeks. Such spoiled children I have.

• Like 5

Yes. He thought he was asking for information and didn’t realize that he was actually applying. I knew (and thought he knew) that he was applying. Why else would he give them his transcript? Silly young bear.

Wow! That must have been such a joyous surprise!

• Like 5

Yes. He thought he was asking for information and didn’t realize that he was actually applying. I knew (and thought he knew) that he was applying. Why else would he give them his transcript? Silly young bear.

Maybe he just convinced himself that he wasn't applying yet so fear and uncertainty wouldn't get in the way.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 7

I need the weather to make a decision. 5 degrees colder on Friday and the mid-state orchestra conference and dd11's friend's sleepover will be cancelled. 5 degrees warmer and it might just be rain. Right in the middle means rain to start but ice by 9:30pm when we have to drive home from rehearsals.

C'mon, weather!  Commit!

• Like 1

My boys are cleaning the chicken house. The neighbor's dog came up to watch. He's hurting. I hate seeing an animal hurt when I'm unable to do anything about it. :sad:

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   Poor pooch!  Any idea why he is hurting?

• Like 2

I did a little painting today (a bookmark) and some writing (plot stuff for the sequel) today. Other than that, I managed to wash the other half of my body and washed my hair again, loaded and ran dishes, and washed the clothes.

That's good for today.

:toetap05:  :toetap05:  :toetap05:   You are supposed to be resting and healing, NOT doing dishes and laundry.   :toetap05:  :toetap05:  :toetap05:

• Like 2

So, do you mean she lost a tooth, or LOST a tooth?

Both.

The dental clinic we were at wanted to put caps on just about all her teeth, including that one. And it was a good tooth. I'm glad I told them no. Crazy, money-grubbing fools.

• Like 3