Menu

Ignore this thread!

Go Jean, Go! [emoji322]

I love pb&j. I also love pb on graham crackers (=homemade Nutterbutters). But neither of them are good for me to eat.

Dd8 and I spent a few minutes trying to figure out when we can have her birthday cake with a majority of the family home. Looks like either Thursday (her actual birthday) at 7:30am or Sunday night. :rolleyes:

It is cold and drizzly outside. I think imma snuggle in bed and read. Maybe watch Hawaii 5-0. [emoji7]

Thursday is Weapon X's birthday too. We're having a campover with his cousins.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 4

I was patting myself on the back as I took stuff over to Dad's new apartment.  I ran down my list and did things, and partway through making the bed I realized I hadn't yet gotten a fitted sheet to cover the box spring (I prefer them to dust ruffles).   :banghead:   Oh well, I still need to go pay them for February before I leave, so I can finish up on THAT visit.

I went to Trader Joe's afterwards, and the girls texted me while I was there asking for oranges (already had grabbed some!) and ice cream.  We had to play freezer games to get everything to fit and tonight's supper (mini tacos) are in the fridge instead, but woohoo, it'll do.

I bet the people at Dad's new place are wondering if Captain M is a figment of my imagination, conjured up so I can have a hidey hole to escape to over there.  People keep eyeballing me bringing stuff, but no one has said anything directly to me yet.  I suspect by the time Dad finally makes an appearance there will be a betting pool and a whole lot of people waiting to see who this guy is.

• Like 5

Maybe I have that problem. Ever since ds was born I keep wondering if I’m losing my hearing, but I just cannot tune in to what a single person is saying when all four of them are talking at once. It’s like wandering into a flock of startled pigeons and having a hundred wings flapping in your face at once. Stop attacking me with your noise! ;)

That is exactly the sort of trouble I have, and it gets worse when I tire.  Really chatty SIL has watched it happen.  One hand of May I I'm still playing well, then too many conversations or noise sources set in around us and suddenly mid-hand I cannot function and need help to finish the hand.  It took really chatty SIL a long time to clue in that yes, this really is happening to me; it's not me being moody or anti-social.

What kills me is both of my kids will answer a group question at exactly the same time, and neither one will restate their answer after realizing they both spoke at once.  If I ask for a repeat they will both repeat at exactly the same time unless I specify who is to repeat.  DD16, repeat please?  Thank you.  Now DD13, repeat please?  Thank you.

• Like 3

I about jumped out of my skin this morning when someone knocked on the door out of the blue.  I was so afraid that it was Music Lady showing up unannounced!  But it was broker guy instead who only took less than a minute of my time and is so nice and cute that I don't mind. 

I looked again for the other music folder and found some long "lost" school stuff instead.  I doubt that I will have time to look again today. 

Now to find something for lunch. 

• Like 5

I love Monk. I binge watched the whole series when Weapon X was little and he would sing the theme song. It was great.

Except when they changed the opening theme song to the Most Lame And Annoying Song Ever. What were they thinking?!?

ETA: The show is still good, you just have to avert your ears for a minute.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

iCo-opped.  Now iSleepy.  

On Saturday I gave in to dd8, who desperately wanted to solve dh's old Rubik's cube she'd found and was gonna just die if she couldn't solve it.  So Louie on YouTube and I gave her four hours of our time and she finally got it solved.   Jeannie has proof.  

Now, of course, dd7 wants to solve it.  :svengo:

• Like 6

Our inside kitty is quiet, well-mannered, comes when she's called, and follows the rules. For reals.

Do you think she might be an alien in disguise, biding her time, hiding out at my house, and plotting to take over Planet Earth? kitten-exclaim-smiley-emoticon.gif

Yep. Don’t turn your back on her for a minute.
  • Like 2

I was patting myself on the back as I took stuff over to Dad's new apartment. I ran down my list and did things, and partway through making the bed I realized I hadn't yet gotten a fitted sheet to cover the box spring (I prefer them to dust ruffles).

Whoa! Hold your horses one minute there, Missy! Did you say "fitted sheet to cover the box spring"? Is this a thing? Why have I never heard of this thing?

• Like 1

Except when they changed the opening theme song to the Most Lame And Annoying Song Ever. What were they thinking?!?

ETA: The show is still good, you just have to avert your ears for a minute.

Dh was really a huge fan so we watched it a lot, but oddly I don't remember the theme songs. 

This was when we still had rabbit ears and didn't have internet, so I actually went to an actual store (FYE) and bought some actual Monk cds for dh as a gift.  When I asked the blue-haired millennial clerk where I could find it on the shelves, she rolled her eyes and said "Sure... my mother loves that show too."

Though I still felt like I was twenty, this was the moment I realized I'd gotten old.   :lol:   

• Like 5

Dh was really a huge fan so we watched it a lot, but oddly I don't remember the theme songs. 

This was when we still had rabbit ears and didn't have internet, so I actually went to an actual store (FYE) and bought some actual Monk cds for dh as a gift.  When I asked the blue-haired millennial clerk where I could find it on the shelves, she rolled her eyes and said "Sure... my mother loves that show too."

Though I still felt like I was twenty, this was the moment I realized I'd gotten old.   :lol:   

We have all the DVDs.  Dd is rewatching them right now.  And she's younger than 20.  So there.  Tell that clerk to jump in a lake! 

It's a jungle out there. 

I have no idea if this is the song that Susan objects to or not, because it is the only song that I associate with the show. 

• Like 3

Whoa! Hold your horses one minute there, Missy! Did you say "fitted sheet to cover the box spring"? Is this a thing? Why have I never heard of this thing?

I do this. I thought it was something I made up because those skirty things get destroyed by animals.

• Like 2

I am home. As per ITT regulations, I did not die. Surgery went well. I am banned from driving for about a week, and a little doped up on pain medications. DH is making me a fire in the fireplace, and the boys are on tap for chores tonight and tomorrow.

• Like 14

I am home. As per ITT regulations, I did not die. Surgery went well. I am banned from driving for about a week, and a little doped up on pain medications. DH is making me a fire in the fireplace, and the boys are on tap for chores tonight and tomorrow.

(((Critter))) Glad it went well. Rest and be cozy and be waited on hand and foot!

• Like 2

It's a jungle out there.

I have no idea if this is the song that Susan objects to or not, because it is the only song that I associate with the show.

Yes that's the song. The original song was just the clarinet song.

Dd19 also loves Monk (so there!). In some ways it helps her feel more normal and in other ways she's like "OMG I do that too!" 😬

• Like 5

DDb decided to trade jobs with me and wash the dog instead of holding the baby. I think I got the better end of this deal. She had never washed the dog- ha! Now she's soaked and her back is sore. I groomed the dog for her first, though, because I'm nice.

• Like 7

Glad you're home, Critter. 

Sadly, I was raised Pepsi.

But converted in college. :coolgleamA:

I've heard Pepsi used to be cheaper.

We never had real food at Grandma's house.

Ice cream sandwiches

Candy bars

Klondike bars

Coke, Sprite, Root Beer

Little Debbies

Packaged Cookies

And we had free reign!!

This is awful.

We always got Klondike’s at Grandma’s, too! And Twinkies. :)

I have never had either of these.

I didn’t really know my grandparents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Brazilian friends come home every 4 years for a summer. It's such a blessing to her parents to see the kids. His parents, however, are in Brazil and have never met the other grand kids.

My grandmother had Triscuits. LOL!

She was strict- not much junk food and definitely no free rein! But staying at Grandmother's was still wonderful. And we had to say "Grandmother;" there was none of that Granny, Grandma, Nanny nonsense! She thought she was generous by not making us say Grandmother Lastname.

I called my paternal grandmother by her 1st name.

That sounds heavenly.

My maternal grandma had a sprinkler and orange creamsicles in the freezer. Good enough. :D She is still alive but getting old.

Wow! I lost my last grandparent at 15.

Typing on a phone is tedious. Even on a new phone.

Yay for new phone, though.

I've lost the ability to edit. I'll try to add a booyah later.

Don't be bad.

• Like 2

I do this. I thought it was something I made up because those skirty things get destroyed by animals.

I don't have dust ruffles/ skirts.  I don't have fitted sheets on the box springs either.  Mine are naked.  :scared: :leaving:

(The actual mattress has a fitted sheet on it and flat sheet on top.) The box springs sort of tuck down into the bed frame a bit though so it isn't like you can see them when the bed is made esp. when blankets are hanging down on the sides.

• Like 4

My Brazilian friends come home every 4 years for a summer. It's such a blessing to her parents to see the kids. His parents, however, are in Brazil and have never met the other grand kids.

I saw my own living grandparent every four years.  For like a week.  It wasn't something to really build a relationship out of.  I mean, I liked him and all but didn't really feel like I knew him all that much. 

I grew up with Fanta.  Grape Fanta was my fav. 

• Like 4

I saw my own living grandparent every four years.  For like a week.  It wasn't something to really build a relationship out of.  I mean, I liked him and all but didn't really feel like I knew him all that much. 

I grew up with Fanta.  Grape Fanta was my fav. 

Having the whole summer is different. Obviously living down the street is preferable, but those kids adore their grandparents. They essentially live with and are raised by them while Mom and Dad do all of their fundraising duties. It gives a really great basis for the relationship, but last time the kids didn't want to go home. Things like pluming, electricity and toilet paper are missed.

Having the whole summer is different. Obviously living down the street is preferable, but those kids adore their grandparents. They essentially live with and are raised by them while Mom and Dad do all of their fundraising duties. It gives a really great basis for the relationship, but last time the kids didn't want to go home. Things like pluming, electricity and toilet paper are missed.

My parents left me alone until the school threatened to call the authorities on them.  So then I had to go stay with a teacher that I barely knew.  I preferred being left alone.  (I was 13 at this point.  When I was younger I was left with older siblings and no one cared.) 

My parents left me alone until the school threatened to call the authorities on them.  So then I had to go stay with a teacher that I barely knew.  I preferred being left alone.  (I was 13 at this point.  When I was younger I was left with older siblings and no one cared.) 

In the US, you mean?

Yes.  No one would have cared in Japan.  I had already been living away from home (in dorms) for two years at that point.

I'm afraid to check the mail or drop things off at the library with the kids in the car. They really would be fine for 2 seconds, but everyone is so flipping nosy.

I'm sorry you got stuck with a teacher.

• Like 3

I don't have dust ruffles/ skirts. I don't have fitted sheets on the box springs either. Mine are naked. :scared: :leaving:

(The actual mattress has a fitted sheet on it and flat sheet on top.) The box springs sort of tuck down into the bed frame a bit though so it isn't like you can see them when the bed is made esp. when blankets are hanging down on the sides.

I don't actually have a bed frame. Just box springs and a mattress...if it was in a frame I probably wouldn't cover it either.

• Like 2

Alex has been hugging the ketchup with such ecstatic joy since dinner. It's adorable.

Slache, you’ve really never had a Twinkie? Such a sad life.

That’s a joke.

Nope. My husband made me eat one of the pink things by the same company though. I didn't care for it.

• Like 3